Who is our biggest, most shredded member at Meso?

I'm not sure if it's worth it (extreme diet, lot of gear, big expenses...). I workout mainly for myself.
Judging by the photos above, you would probably win your first contest just by showing up as you are with no prep.

With a month of dieting, it would be rare for a person to be of high enough quality to show up and beat you. Weight class and overall in open.

Just saying.

_________

Go on to the NPC web site, look at contest results in your weight class and overall in the NPC contests local to you last year and this year, and see what you think in comparing yourself to the guys on stage. Make sure you are looking at local amateur contests and not nationals or something that you have to qualify for. Take a look at the winners' front double bicep and then compare it to your front double bicep above.

I think you will discover that you do not need to be as "extreme" as you seem to think to do your first contest. You're already there.

Careful there. Stage lights aren’t your kitchen lights and we haven’t seen his back. I’m all for positive here but I’m more for realistic. From those photos he’ll need atleast 8 weeks as a first timer to get to satisfactory conditioning for a good stage appearance. But absolutely does not need crazy drugs or an expensive prep. Pick a local show with an affordable competent coach and get after it.

Careful there. Stage lights aren’t your kitchen lights and we haven’t seen his back. I’m all for positive here but I’m more for realistic critique. From those photos he’ll need atleast 8 weeks as a first timer to get to satisfactory conditioning for a good stage appearance.

Pffffft what the fuck do you know!

Just kidding lol ;)

He's already picked a show, and he is 16 weeks out.

I just think his self-doubt is silly (even if a bit normal). Given his size and shape he will do very well. He absolutely need not do anything extreme between now and then.

14-15% bodyfat??? You are not even close on that estimate, Stepback.

Do the show! You'll probably regret it if you don't and later see the pics of the inferior physiques who won when you did not compete.

Judging by the photos above, you would probably win your first contest just by showing up as you are with no prep.

With a month of dieting, it would be rare for a person to be of high enough quality to show up and beat you. Weight class and overall in open.

Just saying.

_________

Go on to the NPC web site, look at contest results in your weight class and overall in the NPC contests local to you last year and this year, and see what you think in comparing yourself to the guys on stage. Make sure you are looking at local amateur contests and not nationals or something that you have to qualify for. Take a look at the winners' front double bicep and then compare it to your front double bicep above.

I think you will discover that you do not need to be as "extreme" as you seem to think to do your first contest. You're already there.
Careful there. Stage lights aren’t your kitchen lights and we haven’t seen his back. I’m all for positive here but I’m more for realistic. From those photos he’ll need atleast 8 weeks as a first timer to get to satisfactory conditioning for a good stage appearance. But absolutely does not need crazy drugs or an expensive prep. Pick a local show with an affordable competent coach and get after it.
Thanks for positive feedback guys!
I will definitely decide 10 weeks before the show, based on shape and so on.
I've started my cutting diet on 4000 cals, now I'm 7 weeks in with 3600 cals and still losing weight, so I'll probably won't have to go under 3000 cals like Mac11wildcat. He is also right that I would need at least 8 weeks to get a good stage appearance, because I store most of the fat in my glutes and hamstrings and also a little on my back. Maybe I'll take some back photos later this day.

I've started my cutting diet on 4000 cals, now I'm 7 weeks in with 3600 cals and still losing weight, so I'll probably won't have to go under 3000 cals like Mac11wildcat. He is also right that I would need at least 8 weeks to get a good stage appearance, because I store most of the fat in my glutes and hamstrings and also a little on my back. Maybe I'll take some back photos later this day.
Yea man, your symmetery is really great too. Great job on all that work you put into food and the gym.

My fat stores in my back. I looked cut from the front early in prep, but my wife would tell me my back was smooth. Then she would take a picture while I hit back poses. Sure enough, smooth.

Then my posing coach said I was ready . . . I disagreed and dropped another 12 pounds. One positive comment every judge gave me later was "conditioning." I guess there is no such thing as too conditioned.

It really sucked the last few weeks, but it paid off.

Go on to the NPC web site, look at contest results in your weight class and overall in the NPC contests local to you last year and this year, and see what you think in comparing yourself to the guys on stage.
I just did this for my state and was kinda blown away. I don’t really follow the sport so all I see is stuff on Instagram and different websites, which is usually from the bigger shows and competitors.. I was pleasantly surprised to see my home state wasn’t filled with physiques that would be unattainable to most dedicated individuals. Kinda refreshing to see actually.

Sponsors

Latest posts