Who is our biggest, most shredded member at Meso?

I just did this for my state and was kinda blown away. I don’t really follow the sport so all I see is stuff on Instagram and different websites, which is usually from the bigger shows and competitors.. I was pleasantly surprised to see my home state wasn’t filled with physiques that would be unattainable to most dedicated individuals. Kinda refreshing to see actually.
This and last year have also been uncharacteristically bad due to covid.

I purposely skipped 20/21 and looked at 18/19 lol. My comment wasn’t meant that they still weren’t impressive or that a great deal of time, effort, and commitment wasn’t needed to get there. It just looked more attainable is all.

You're right, there are great people here! I also consider some coach when I'm ready.
Its hard to really tell tho from the npcnews online pics compared to what they looked like up close at the show. Having prefaced with that I think you have a very strong chance of placing high. I believe this year you have to be in the top two of your class within a division to qualify for nationals. At some shows if you win over all they'll buy your plane ticket. Like mac said most areas have had poor turnout/competition due to covid but if you compete in Florida its the other way around. Theres been a million shows with good attendance and very competitive. Its been poppin

I had been looking at them for several years before I decided to try my first competition in 2019 (bailed out due to pec tendon injury). I did compete in 2020. There was another competition in 2020 I had thought about doing but did not. They guy who won that looked like an IFBB pro - by far the best physique that competition has ever seen. Ironically, one of the trophies he took home was novice (in addition to his weight class in open and overall). I felt sorry for the other guys in the novice class.

There just are not that many physiques like yours or better - not even in the contest you did - at these non-qualifier events, even the better known ones.

If a guy shows up like last year, then he blows everybody out of the water. But that is pretty rare.

Plus a lot of guys for some reason look great on instagram but come stage day just look 50% of the quality I thought (or worse).

I think Stepback would do well, and he can look back several years to see what sort of quality generally shows up. No guarantees that Mac11wildcat won't show up, or that guy that blew everybody away in 2020 in the contest I missed.

I had been looking at them for several years before I decided to try my first competition in 2019 (bailed out due to pec tendon injury). I did compete in 2020. There was another competition in 2020 I had thought about doing but did not. They guy who won that looked like an IFBB pro - by far the best physique that competition has ever seen. Ironically, one of the trophies he took home was novice (in addition to his weight class in open and overall). I felt sorry for the other guys in the novice class.

There just are not that many physiques like yours or better - not even in the contest you did - at these non-qualifier events, even the better known ones.

If a guy shows up like last year, then he blows everybody out of the water. But that is pretty rare.

Plus a lot of guys for some reason look great on instagram but come stage day just look 50% of the quality I thought (or worse).

I think Stepback would do well, and he can look back several years to see what sort of quality generally shows up. No guarantees that Mac11wildcat won't show up, or that guy that blew everybody away in 2020 in the contest I missed.
Who knows, if Mac were to have taken part in that show you missed he might have blown everyone away. Or if you did, perhaps you'd have done well yourself even. Seems it's the luck of the judging draw even.

Who knows, if Mac were to have taken part in that show you missed he might have blown everyone away. Or if you did, perhaps you'd have done well yourself even. Seems it's the luck of the judging draw even.
There was nobody like Mac11wildcat or Stepback in the contest I won.

All this is getting off topic, though. I just wanted to encourage Stepback to compete. He's 16 weeks out and already has a contest picked out.

Don't go in like this is some trial period, maybe I will; maybe I won't. Decide and commit yourself to it. Go all in.

You are already way ahead of 16 weeks out in prep.

There was nobody like Mac11wildcat or Stepback in the contest I won.

All this is getting off topic, though. I just wanted to encourage Stepback to compete. He's 16 weeks out and already has a contest picked out.

Don't go in like this is some trial period, maybe I will; maybe I won't. Decide and commit yourself to it. Go all in.

You are already way ahead of 16 weeks out in prep.
This. Commit 100% or the result will be disappointing regardless. Don’t leave room for what if’s.

Great example of how to do a log . . .

Cool, you should run a log.

And great avatar. I have a lot of Black Flag on my workout iPod. "Damaged" is probably my favorite squat or leg press song, with Rise Above a close second. I swear there is an extra few reps and extra weight unleashed by those songs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgOwL0e4C9s

Maybe I will.

Thanks! Wow, I'm glad I found another fan here! You have a good taste. ;) I'm also a huge fan of Rollins Band and Henry, the guy has really good opinions and mentality.

Last edited:
Are you in a growing phase? How far out do you start cutting?
Trying to grow currently yeah. It’s part of the reason my prep was so light on drugs; so we could safely ramp stuff up after. I’m guessing around 18ish weeks we’ll start cleaning it up so I’m ready early.

Damn I see a lot of big motherfuckers in here. I'm almost embarrassed to post my pics LOL

This is about 9 weeks or so start to now.

What you guys think?

I guess I need a post some pictures of my cats and thighs. My calves are doing great, but I think I have too much body fat on my thighs for some reason to be able to see a lot of cut.

Attachments

• received_1885662231607848.jpeg
    received_1885662231607848.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 97
  • received_558916345289694.jpeg
    received_558916345289694.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 92
  • received_375280117485977.jpeg
    received_375280117485977.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 99
  • received_877686229795304.jpeg
    received_877686229795304.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 98
Damn I see a lot of big motherfuckers in here. I'm almost embarrassed to post my pics LOL

This is about 9 weeks or so start to now.

What you guys think?

I guess I need a post some pictures of my cats and thighs. My calves are doing great, but I think I have too much body fat on my thighs for some reason to be able to see a lot of cut.
Holy hell, you did that in 9 weeks?