Canadians talk domestic

Speaking of homes, my 2024 property assessment was just released few days ago and I'm not impressed, we need these high mortgage rates to come down so property values can shoot up again.
forsure, lets hope PP doesn't get elected he wants home prices to drop by having his building company build more.. brutal conservative move, all these boomers need there home value in order to retire, but he would rather a temporary boost in development. I really don't understand how people don't get that if home prices drop that also means YOUR home price drops.. simple economics. I think young people of course see that as a great idea and maybe older people think "yay I can afford another house".. Gov messing heavily in markets is bad and not a TRUE conservative idea.

not sure how all the right wingers who seemed to be anti control are down with his idea to fight inflation with a digital currency that can be tracked and under gov control... SCARY... sure crime could get a bit better but im not down with this HARPER idea of police state control. Not only that digital currency will just drive up the price of power, as essentially instead of backed by gold to fight inflation its backed by energy/energy prices. If Canada votes in conservative I think we are in for a very bad time..

First Pierre aka PP was about bitcoin to fight inflation in canada till the crash.. then he changed his mind. lol such a bad bad idea.. lets hope they figure out a Dif leader as don't think JT will win. The fact PP is multi multi millionaire and has never had a real job in his life and worked in harpers office should be enough for anyone to know how clueless he is about real people.. not sure how folks think crashing housing market so houses are cheaper is a good thing.. not only that is its HUGE over reach by feds as he wants to get into city politics and have them produce 15% more homes per city year over year... vast majority of canada will see drastic decrease in prices as supply surpasses demand.. Cut to him being heavily invested in black rock and they swoop in and buy up real estate like they did in USA ~20% I think in usa is owned by them.

PP also heavily invested with harpers company that is invested in Israel surveillance tech company..... wonder what they have planned for that in Canada!!! scary... folks think JT is bad, but forget what harper was like and PP is even more extreme.. they chose him to be extreme right in order to get the extra 3% from the people party of canada tin foils hat folks...

anyway, long story short in 6 years(if PP is elected) you can expect your property value to drop further or at least not appreciate in value. for now just be happy your taxes won't go up!

Last edited:
like a property assessment by your municipality for property tax purposes? If so those are almost always roughly entirely disconnected from actual home values. Most million dollar properties >20 years old will have assessed values of <half of their resale value, and they're generally just indexed.
depends on where you are... when assessed that low just means the actual house is worthless and its mostly land value... at end of the day its what someone will pay and markets vary depending on where you live in the country or the city..

Last edited:
Speaking of homes, my 2024 property assessment was just released few days ago and I'm not impressed, we need these high mortgage rates to come down so property values can shoot up again.
Property value is definitely dropping, they say by the end of 2nd quarter rates are going to drop.

I also know two people personally that there mortgage payment has almost doubled when they renewed there mortgage due to high rates. Mortgage rate are over 6.5% now. Lucky I’m locked in at 2.1% for few years to come.

Property value is definitely dropping, they say by the end of 2nd quarter rates are going to drop.

I also know two people personally that there mortgage payment has almost doubled when they renewed there mortgage due to high rates. Mortgage rate are over 6.5% now. Lucky I’m locked in at 2.1% for few years to come.
yup that was the idea of raising interest rates... prices were getting crazy, so helps with home prices and inflation.

I really don't think anyone will ever see 2% in there life again thats FREE MONEY man...

what's fucked for kids now is because of such low interest for SOOO long it inflated home prices, and because will never see low interest like that again it will be basically impossible for most to ever own a home..

back in the 80s was like 18% but a good house was like 75g and people with decent jobs were making 30g+.. unless wages start booming I feel bad for kids as seems like would be impossible to ever own a home now days.. snuck in when within few years shit nearly doubled lol.. the only answer I guess is to crash home values! vote for Pierre! lol

yup that was the idea of raising interest rates... prices were getting crazy, so helps with home prices and inflation.

I really don't think anyone will ever see 2% in there life again thats FREE MONEY man...

what's fucked for kids now is because of such low interest for SOOO long it inflated home prices, and because will never see low interest like that again it will be basically impossible for most to ever own a home..

back in the 80s was like 18% but a good house was like 75g and people with decent jobs were making 30g+.. unless wages start booming I feel bad for kids as seems like would be impossible to ever own a home now days.. snuck in when within few years shit nearly doubled lol.. the only answer I guess is to crash home values! vote for Pierre! lol
Agreed, if you don’t leave a good size inheritance for the kids, they will be renting for rest of their lives. Specially if they live in ON or BC , from what I hear BC housing market hasn’t taken much of hit compared to ON.

Agreed, if you don’t leave a good size inheritance for the kids, they will be renting for rest of their lives. Specially if they live in ON or BC , from what I hear BC housing market hasn’t taken much of hit compared to ON.
Def agree on the inheritance stance, almost impossible for people to enter the market right now as a first time homebuyer. It really does come down to your area tho, southwestern Ontario is only down about 10% from the peaks (which are absurd) but not much is moving. I have a few friends who are realtors that stopped flashing their earnings from the last 2 years and now looking for second jobs

forsure, lets hope PP doesn't get elected he wants home prices to drop by having his building company build more.. brutal conservative move, all these boomers need there home value in order to retire, but he would rather a temporary boost in development. I really don't understand how people don't get that if home prices drop that also means YOUR home price drops.. simple economics. I think young people of course see that as a great idea and maybe older people think "yay I can afford another house".. Gov messing heavily in markets is bad and not a TRUE conservative idea.

not sure how all the right wingers who seemed to be anti control are down with his idea to fight inflation with a digital currency that can be tracked and under gov control... SCARY... sure crime could get a bit better but im not down with this HARPER idea of police state control. Not only that digital currency will just drive up the price of power, as essentially instead of backed by gold to fight inflation its backed by energy/energy prices. If Canada votes in conservative I think we are in for a very bad time..

First Pierre aka PP was about bitcoin to fight inflation in canada till the crash.. then he changed his mind. lol such a bad bad idea.. lets hope they figure out a Dif leader as don't think JT will win. The fact PP is multi multi millionaire and has never had a real job in his life and worked in harpers office should be enough for anyone to know how clueless he is about real people.. not sure how folks think crashing housing market so houses are cheaper is a good thing.. not only that is its HUGE over reach by feds as he wants to get into city politics and have them produce 15% more homes per city year over year... vast majority of canada will see drastic decrease in prices as supply surpasses demand.. Cut to him being heavily invested in black rock and they swoop in and buy up real estate like they did in USA ~20% I think in usa is owned by them.

PP also heavily invested with harpers company that is invested in Israel surveillance tech company..... wonder what they have planned for that in Canada!!! scary... folks think JT is bad, but forget what harper was like and PP is even more extreme.. they chose him to be extreme right in order to get the extra 3% from the people party of canada tin foils hat folks...

anyway, long story short in 6 years(if PP is elected) you can expect your property value to drop further or at least not appreciate in value. for now just be happy your taxes won't go up!
Hey dummy.

Have you considered the fact that our dollar is devalued because of the current government?

The stuff you write is complete trash. I will say again no one takes you seriously.

back in the 80s was like 18% but a good house was like 75g and people with decent jobs were making 30g+.. unless wages start booming I feel bad for kids as seems like would be impossible to ever own a home now days.. snuck in when within few years shit nearly doubled lol.. the only answer I guess is to crash home values! vote for Pierre!

You don't understand very much. I feel for people like you. Think you understand thing but are beyond stupid.

Hey dummy.

Have you considered the fact that our dollar is devalued because of the current government?

The stuff you write is complete trash. I will say again no one takes you seriously.
lol calling me stupid over and over obv shows you have no knowledge to prove me wrong..
1. feds do not control bank of canada... did you know that? did you know they didn't print any money? its pretty complicated stuff so im sure you can explain what they did, right? I imagine your speaking about this.
2. Canada does try9or at least WANT) and keep its dollar ~75cents to American... there is a good reason for this as it keeps our economy running. countries garner wealth by SELLING to other countries... if your dollar is too high you knock yourself out of the market.. Of course there is a balance but if CAD was equal or 1.20$ to USD that would be a VERY bad sign... look back in history when our dollar was highest and see what was happening in the economy, either in canada or USA
3. INFLATION is WORLD WIDE... Canada for example has kept inflation pressure better than many if not most of the g20 nations act I checked. so what fights inflation? SLOWING OF ECONOMY... ie raise interest rates, or wether it was intended or not carbon tax actually probably helped fight inflation as cooled off investment.. If canada was ONLY place having inflation it would be one thing but its FAR worse in other places. just FYI, AGAIN, BOOMING economy is #1 cause of inflation... how they cooled economy AGAIN is through interest rates.

Im afraid your ignorance is showing when simply get angry and call someone stupid... YOUR FEELINGS don't agree with reality. I do encourage you to come up with a rational thought that shows what I said was incorrect. I think you have been fed a narrative and actually do not understand what's really going on. politicians LOVE when people react in such a way ie emotional and don't dig deeper.

far right folks were scared of social credit score and digital currency... right wings in canada top platform is DIGITAL CURRENCY! never mind how harper LLC just happened to be invested in Israeli surveillance tech... I mean harper made no mistake he LOVES police state. wonder if canada will happen to purchase such tech after start the digital currency, than oh say we all get digital ID...I mean this is actually what far right are afraid of so not sure why would give PP any support as he will lower our freedom score(which we are #6 for freedom USA is #15)... having 2 currencies in a nation is such a horrible idea aswell as will devalue the other...but that of course is great for multi national corporations, but prob not for Canadians.. I mean debit machines go down all the time, BTC is great and all but if it showed us anything we dont want our nation taking the hit when it crashes or when gets hacked by china.(as will be centralized vs btc).. I mean china already causes black outs all over USA, think if was all digital currency and power goes out for days? I mean even Joe rogan talks about how bad a digital currency is for freedom of a country.. thats #2 on the conservative platform what they are going to do!!! scary shit.

unfrtunelty for us our conservative gov are not fiscal conservatives, each province that has strong conservative gov also has HIGHEST GDP to debt ratios... Ontario and sask come to mind. and infact besides the pandemic conservative feds have ALWAYS increased debt of canada in the new modern conservative ideas ie post 1985. liberals have payed off debt. for example harper put us into 150billion debt, previous liberal gov payed off debt... going into debt sometime is helpful but of course eventually the piper needs to get payed.. JT wasn't the best compared to other leaders but also had a pandemic.. but again, if we look at provinces conservatives put most debt on the people. they keep it going by selling off land to china, but also when provinces keep less land this increases how much interest they have to pay, and you can only go into debt for so long and sell off so many assets before shit starts to fall apart.

please have a look at last 40 years and which gov payed off debt and who increased it...ultra conservative harper cut funding to science and still managed to have huge amounts of debt for canada. PP of course worked for harper since he graduated college.
canada debt by year graph

do you think weak snowflakes that are weak on crime are going to flex control? or the conservatives hell bent on surveillance and police state and more likely to wage wars? which is better for freedom? I mean I get it when say fuck environment and spend all the money things feel better short term, but of course long term its unwise. you probably dont remember when harper wanted PRIVATE PRISONS... This is all part of his plan of control and its not by asking nicely, they want to get rid of a mounties and have their own NEW police force, and let's just say I bet there is going to be less over site and more brutality. conservative provinces have already changed rules on protesting a FREEDOM we all should have... you think JT was bad, just you wait.

conservatives are now fiscally liberal and socially conservative.. ie worst of both worlds. liberals have problems as of late aswell, but at least a glimmer of old canada freedom and ideals of accepting others and progressive re allowed gay marriage and legal weed aswell as allowed people to come during the drafts in america for stupid wars.

I will take you through a little story of one province... in 70s conservatives spent money built hospitals roads etc garnered debt to level they were going to default... NDP came in, didn't develop resources very much and was hard times, but they payed off nearly all the debt... finally people had enough of hard times and got a rightwing gov which had huge amounts of money because there was no debt, aswell as ALL the resources that went un explored, people thought this is great, new roads etc, but now are approaching debt levels not seen since the 70s. they have gone unchecked and like any long raining gov SOO much corruption its pretty wild. premier gets hammered and drives and killed a lady after his first DUI, every biz he started went bankrupt (even very profitable ones). they invite a former politician who murdered his wife, and ministers are getting busted left and right for prostitutes, fixing the books so there bodies get gov contracts.. anyhoo on a tangent now...

at any rate, if only come back is "your dumb" obv you have no idea what's going on in the world and have been fed a narrative you never questioned. NO political party is without faults, and why its good we often get changes of gov as keeps things in check. IF want to show how dumb I am, dismantle what I said that is incorrect.

lol calling me stupid over and over obv shows you have no knowledge to prove me wrong..
1. feds do not control bank of canada... did you know that? did you know they didn't print any money? its pretty complicated stuff so im sure you can explain what they did, right? I imagine your speaking about this.
2. Canada does try9or at least WANT) and keep its dollar ~75cents to American... there is a good reason for this as it keeps our economy running. countries garner wealth by SELLING to other countries... if your dollar is too high you knock yourself out of the market.. Of course there is a balance but if CAD was equal or 1.20$ to USD that would be a VERY bad sign... look back in history when our dollar was highest and see what was happening in the economy, either in canada or USA
3. INFLATION is WORLD WIDE... Canada for example has kept inflation pressure better than many if not most of the g20 nations act I checked. so what fights inflation? SLOWING OF ECONOMY... ie raise interest rates, or wether it was intended or not carbon tax actually probably helped fight inflation as cooled off investment.. If canada was ONLY place having inflation it would be one thing but its FAR worse in other places. just FYI, AGAIN, BOOMING economy is #1 cause of inflation... how they cooled economy AGAIN is through interest rates.

Im afraid your ignorance is showing when simply get angry and call someone stupid... YOUR FEELINGS don't agree with reality. I do encourage you to come up with a rational thought that shows what I said was incorrect. I think you have been fed a narrative and actually do not understand what's really going on. politicians LOVE when people react in such a way ie emotional and don't dig deeper.

far right folks were scared of social credit score and digital currency... right wings in canada top platform is DIGITAL CURRENCY! never mind how harper LLC just happened to be invested in Israeli surveillance tech... I mean harper made no mistake he LOVES police state. wonder if canada will happen to purchase such tech after start the digital currency, than oh say we all get digital ID...I mean this is actually what far right are afraid of so not sure why would give PP any support as he will lower our freedom score(which we are #6 for freedom USA is #15)... having 2 currencies in a nation is such a horrible idea aswell as will devalue the other...but that of course is great for multi national corporations, but prob not for Canadians.. I mean debit machines go down all the time, BTC is great and all but if it showed us anything we dont want our nation taking the hit when it crashes or when gets hacked by china.(as will be centralized vs btc).. I mean china already causes black outs all over USA, think if was all digital currency and power goes out for days? I mean even Joe rogan talks about how bad a digital currency is for freedom of a country.. thats #2 on the conservative platform what they are going to do!!! scary shit.

unfrtunelty for us our conservative gov are not fiscal conservatives, each province that has strong conservative gov also has HIGHEST GDP to debt ratios... Ontario and sask come to mind. and infact besides the pandemic conservative feds have ALWAYS increased debt of canada in the new modern conservative ideas ie post 1985. liberals have payed off debt. for example harper put us into 150billion debt, previous liberal gov payed off debt... going into debt sometime is helpful but of course eventually the piper needs to get payed.. JT wasn't the best compared to other leaders but also had a pandemic.. but again, if we look at provinces conservatives put most debt on the people. they keep it going by selling off land to china, but also when provinces keep less land this increases how much interest they have to pay, and you can only go into debt for so long and sell off so many assets before shit starts to fall apart.

please have a look at last 40 years and which gov payed off debt and who increased it...ultra conservative harper cut funding to science and still managed to have huge amounts of debt for canada. PP of course worked for harper since he graduated college.
canada debt by year graph

do you think weak snowflakes that are weak on crime are going to flex control? or the conservatives hell bent on surveillance and police state and more likely to wage wars? which is better for freedom? I mean I get it when say fuck environment and spend all the money things feel better short term, but of course long term its unwise. you probably dont remember when harper wanted PRIVATE PRISONS... This is all part of his plan of control and its not by asking nicely, they want to get rid of a mounties and have their own NEW police force, and let's just say I bet there is going to be less over site and more brutality. conservative provinces have already changed rules on protesting a FREEDOM we all should have... you think JT was bad, just you wait.

conservatives are now fiscally liberal and socially conservative.. ie worst of both worlds. liberals have problems as of late aswell, but at least a glimmer of old canada freedom and ideals of accepting others and progressive re allowed gay marriage and legal weed aswell as allowed people to come during the drafts in america for stupid wars.

I will take you through a little story of one province... in 70s conservatives spent money built hospitals roads etc garnered debt to level they were going to default... NDP came in, didn't develop resources very much and was hard times, but they payed off nearly all the debt... finally people had enough of hard times and got a rightwing gov which had huge amounts of money because there was no debt, aswell as ALL the resources that went un explored, people thought this is great, new roads etc, but now are approaching debt levels not seen since the 70s. they have gone unchecked and like any long raining gov SOO much corruption its pretty wild. premier gets hammered and drives and killed a lady after his first DUI, every biz he started went bankrupt (even very profitable ones). they invite a former politician who murdered his wife, and ministers are getting busted left and right for prostitutes, fixing the books so there bodies get gov contracts.. anyhoo on a tangent now...

at any rate, if only come back is "your dumb" obv you have no idea what's going on in the world and have been fed a narrative you never questioned. NO political party is without faults, and why its good we often get changes of gov as keeps things in check. IF want to show how dumb I am, dismantle what I said that is incorrect.

someone get this guy the Nobel memorial priz

Protect him at all cost

No, but another qsc order stuck in customs for 2 weeks now. Every order I’ve made in the last 4 months has had to be reshipped, eventually getting it but canada seizures have to be causing them headaches
Richmond or Mississauga? I have one supplier who refuses to ship to an address if it has any chance of getting routed through Richmond.

Anyone ever use a reshipping service from USA to Canada? Thinking of trying it out for Chinese orders and even from US warehouses for Chinese sources. Seems shipping time would be lower and customs risk would be lower since US is a lower risk country than China

Anyone ever use a reshipping service from USA to Canada? Thinking of trying it out for Chinese orders and even from US warehouses for Chinese sources. Seems shipping time would be lower and customs risk would be lower since US is a lower risk country than China
It's all about risk / reward, but consider the implications of getting into the US ever again after sending to a reshipping service (most require a DL at a minimum) and having something intercepted by CBP or a postal inspector.

Back