cutting cycles are idiotic unless you are competing

How many shows have you been in?
1 show. What would have been my first show that I prepped for as a natural I dropped 3 weeks out.

We were tentatively aiming at a show earlier this year but me and my coach agreed that we would rather spend a longer time bringing up my lagging legs and really bring in a competitive package rather than waste time competing just for the sake of competing.

1 show. What would have been my first show that I prepped for as a natural I dropped 3 weeks out.

We were tentatively aiming at a show earlier this year but me and my coach agreed that we would rather spend a longer time bringing up my lagging legs and really bring in a competitive package rather than waste time competing just for the sake of competing.
BigT, you will learn a lot from every show that you do. Don't wait for perfection before stepping on stage. Lots of guys put it off. Sometimes what you think are weaknesses don't end up actually being an issue. and vis versa. You really don't know what you have until you are on stage, dry and lean. Just my 2 cents from an over the hill bb.

I've never been a bodybuilder or been on stage (more powerlifting in my youth but only for a handful of years) so my advice is probably meaningless. I do agree with @Scruf that you may never reach desired perfection before a show date but I also understand waiting to make sure you have at least improved on the areas in the last show that you feel cost you the most.

If I am thinking correctly I also believe that it is not cheap to get into a show, is that right? Plus I have seen where the prep can be a bitch. The guys I know that compete actually hate prepping for shows because they drop so much weight and don't like feeling smaller. I mean they look great but they are used to walking around with a lot more weight on their bones.

That actually makes me wonder, do you ever know what you are really dealing with until that final cut before a show? Like whether or not you have what you wanted going in?

So are you aiming for first half of next year?

What you *think* you did was correct him on the meaning of the phrase, but that’s not nearly “all” you did. You used twice any many words as required, and objectively fucked up the punctuation in this reply, to boot.

Your writing evokes in everyone reading it the image of a fifteen-year-oldkid who’s been reading the newspaper in earnest for ayears, and has borrowed his dad’s suit to apply for a job as an author.

The trouble is, while all the parts are there, none of it is fits. The tie is twice too long, and he mispronounces half of the big words he shoehorns into place, because he’s only seen them in print — and was too proud to check their pronunciation in he dictionary. He leaves wondering what these supposedly educated men don’t understand about his obvious gifts.

In other words, you’re a caricature of every bad writer.

If you’re 15-18, you might turn this shit around in school. Otherwise, seriously, send me an address and I will mail you free a copy of Strunk and White.

PRE-EDIT - the universe has a sense of humor and I’m as dumb as they come, so there’s a good chance I’ve made my share of silly stumbles while I typed this mid semaglutide poop. Have at me, too, boys… fair is fair.
You are mistaken if you think
No not at all. I was simply correcting him on his use of the term ‘common vernacular’. That’s it.
is grammatically incorrect.

Also since you said "have at me" I did notice some errors in your response.

First, there is a missing space after "fifteen-year-old" in "fifteen-year-oldkid." Second, "for ayears" should be "for a years," with a space between "a" and "years." Third, in the sentence, "and has borrowed his dad’s suit to apply for a job as an author," there should be an apostrophe before "dad's" to indicate possession: "dad's."

Fourth, in the sentence, "he mispronounces half of the big words he shoehorns into place, because he’s only seen them in print," there should be an "and" before "because" to connect the two clauses properly: "he mispronounces half of the big words he shoehorns into place, and because he’s only seen them in print."

Fifth, in the sentence, "check their pronunciation in he dictionary," it should be "the dictionary," with "the" preceding "dictionary." Sixth, in the sentence, "what these supposedly educated men don’t understand about his obvious gifts," it should be "don't" instead of "don’t."

Seventh, in the sentence, "send me an address and I will mail you free a copy of Strunk and White," it should be "send me an address, and I will mail you a free copy of Strunk and White," with a comma after "address," and "a" before "free copy."

In the future, if you seek to correct someone's grammar, ensure that your own response upholds the essential rules of grammar.

And here I thought the OP realized how this all looks from the outside and bounced.

Instead this is a double down, no actual probably a triple down at this point. I’m kinda impressed actually.

Steroid forum grammatical argument goes down in my log of awesome threads next to, 2grams of tren a day and mesox other greatest hits.

Referenced quote

Definitions since you like definitions

versus. / (ˈvɜːsəs) / preposition. (esp in a competition or lawsuit) against; in opposition to: Abbreviation: v, (esp US) vs. as opposed to; in contrast with.
If you are insinuating that I made an error by employing the term 'vs,' your assumption would be incorrect.

BigT, you will learn a lot from every show that you do. Don't wait for perfection before stepping on stage. Lots of guys put it off. Sometimes what you think are weaknesses don't end up actually being an issue. and vis versa. You really don't know what you have until you are on stage, dry and lean. Just my 2 cents from an over the hill bb.
This is an absolute fact.

But it's a balancing act, if you have clear improvements to make, and you haven't made them yet between your shows, then time spent prepping is just time that could have been spent growing.

I would love to compete more, but I honestly don't know how many years I have left in the sport at a competitive level, so my goal is to make the most of it and get back on the stage when we are confident we are bringing a competitive, national level package.

This coincides with other life factors that prevent me from competing any earlier. I'm getting married next September, and me and the fiance want to start a family, so I need to take time off to regain my fertility for that.

Between now and then, I'm building a house and doing a bunch of stuff for the wedding, so a prep just doesn't fit on the plate until after all that.

If I am thinking correctly I also believe that it is not cheap to get into a show, is that right? Plus I have seen where the prep can be a bitch. The guys I know that compete actually hate prepping for shows because they drop so much weight and don't like feeling smaller. I mean they look great but they are used to walking around with a lot more weight on their bones.
Registering for shows, tanning, hotel ect obviously are an added expense, but prep isn't overly more expensive than any other point in the year if you live the lifestyle year-round. Foods the biggest expense regardless.
You do get in your head pretty bad during prep, that's why it's important to have a solid coach keeping your head screwed on right.
I never got the "I feel small" part of prep, I got the "I'm not lean enough" part.

That actually makes me wonder, do you ever know what you are really dealing with until that final cut before a show? Like whether or not you have what you wanted going in?
You should have a decent idea what the finished package is going to look like, but peeking properly is an art form that's drastically different from person to person and can drastically change your presentation on the day of the show.
But a good eye can tell how the shape is coming and how the cut is going throughout the prep.
So are you aiming for first half of next year?

Second half, after my wedding and after a cram a baby in my fiance. Then it's game time

I remain admittedly fallible and you’ve got nothing left to learn. Tip of the hat to you.

If I told you that I wrote my comment high on a combination of LSD and shark piss, but that your posts seem to represent your bona fide best intellectual effort, would that influence your reaction at all? Because our C- grades were both fully earned, but not nearly in the same way.

Last edited:
Your just putting out a premise without any evidence anecdotal or scientific either.
Wait, you need someone to present you evidence that anabolic steroids are in fact more effective when used for muscle growth than for losing body fat?

In the future, if you seek to correct someone's grammar, ensure that your own response upholds the essential rules of grammar.
In an attempt to get past my urge to physically hurt you, I've decided to throw you a bone.

"In psychiatry, stilted speech or pedantic speech[1] is communication characterized by situationally inappropriate formality.[2] This formality can be expressed both through abnormal prosody[3] as well as speech content that is "inappropriately pompous, legalistic, philosophical, or quaint".[4] Often, such speech can act as evidence for autism spectrum disorder (ASD)[3] or a thought disorder,[5] a common symptom in schizophrenia[6] or schizoid personality disorder.[7]"
- Wikipedia

You're welcome.

Ok but his original premise was in fact about steroids. The way you can tell is because he posted it here and not on something like a men’s knitting enthusiast forum.
So, you think his idea if plausible without any evidence? Have you done it? How much is the difference? Care to share your knowledge.

This is an absolute fact.

But it's a balancing act, if you have clear improvements to make, and you haven't made them yet between your shows, then time spent prepping is just time that could have been spent growing.

I would love to compete more, but I honestly don't know how many years I have left in the sport at a competitive level, so my goal is to make the most of it and get back on the stage when we are confident we are bringing a competitive, national level package.

This coincides with other life factors that prevent me from competing any earlier. I'm getting married next September, and me and the fiance want to start a family, so I need to take time off to regain my fertility for that.

Between now and then, I'm building a house and doing a bunch of stuff for the wedding, so a prep just doesn't fit on the plate until after all that.

Totally understand and makes perfect sense.

So, you think his idea if plausible without any evidence? Have you done it? How much is the difference? Care to share your knowledge.
I think the basic outline of what he said is correct from a harm reduction perspective. Using more drugs more frequently is generally understood to be more harmful than using fewer drugs less frequently. I don’t know that that’s particularly controversial nor did I think it was in dispute.

Back