Daily Log to 2019 Show Season

Edit; theres also genetics to consider. And genetics for bodybuilding go far beyond the ability to build muscle or muscle belly shape. Maintaining muscle, avoiding serious health issues, getting lean, etc are all genetic as well.
Yes, individual characteristics influence, of course, in order to become a top athlete, in addition to plow, you need to have genetics. All together and including the ability to recover to grow.

Is there likely some level of loss over an extended period? Yes. Is it measurable and worth worrying about? No.

The recovery and health benefits of coming off and cruising at physiological levels far outweigh keeping a lb or two of muscle that comes back immediately when you start a blast. I also stay eating and training just as intensely even if My weight and poundage on lifts dips a tad.

Edit; theres also genetics to consider. And genetics for bodybuilding go far beyond the ability to build muscle or muscle belly shape. Maintaining muscle, avoiding serious health issues, getting lean, etc are all genetic as well.
Man it's refreshing to hear someone at your level say this. The amount of drugs, and the length of time people that don't compete stay on is baffling to me. People take a ton of gear to look like they barely lift. I know genetics go a long way, but I also think people assume more is better.

Man it's refreshing to hear someone at your level say this. The amount of drugs, and the length of time people that don't compete stay on is baffling to me. People take a ton of gear to look like they barely lift. I know genetics go a long way, but I also think people assume more is better.
People assume we premablast to stay big and call pros liars who say they come off completely.

Do you believe the likes of Ronnie Coleman , Lee Priest and J tell the truth with what they used?
The only one I believe at all is Ronnie because the stories of him as a “natural” are widespread and corroborated. Lee I think is possible but likely not. Dunno who J is?

And to be clear by the end of their careers they were juiced to the gills. Ronnie worked with Chad Nichols who’s cycles aren’t lauded as light. Lee was one of the best physiques of all time just shorter and short lived in the IFBB

The only one I believe at all is Ronnie because the stories of him as a “natural” are widespread and corroborated. Lee I think is possible but likely not. Dunno who J is?

And to be clear by the end of their careers they were juiced to the gills. Ronnie worked with Chad Nichols who’s cycles aren’t lauded as light. Lee was one of the best physiques of all time just shorter and short lived in the IFBB
Jay Cutler , he came out with a cycle said it was 400 test 600 eq or something along those lines .
I don't really care what they took i would never look like them regardless just seems like to low dosages to me.

Jay Cutler , he came out with a cycle said it was 400 test 600 eq or something along those lines .
I don't really care what they took i would never look like them regardless just seems like to low dosages to me.
The guys who are massive would likely have looked massive compared to the average person regardless. Jay’s teenage photos are insane.

Offseason cycles can def be on the smaller side for many gifted individuals. Prep cycles tend to get out of hand much more often than offseason where food and training volume can drive growth harder. Doesn’t mean these numbers are real, just that the average person who thinks they know enough far overestimates pro cycles.

The guys who are massive would likely have looked massive compared to the average person regardless. Jay’s teenage photos are insane.

Offseason cycles can def be on the smaller side for many gifted individuals. Prep cycles tend to get out of hand much more often than offseason where food and training volume can drive growth harder. Doesn’t mean these numbers are real, just that the average person who thinks they know enough far overestimates pro cycles.
I think if someone has insight its you and i personally believe what you say.
Yeah Jay was crazy big from a young age i remember him beating Ronnie he had a crazy physique.
9BD555F3-570E-4533-A58F-6B5655A865E3.jpeg

Yes, as a rule, they are professionals, adequate in terms of judgments and therefore they have a result.

Been a minute since I’ve posted training I think. Here’s what my anticipated split is for my next blast (and will remain as long as progress stays) with my baseline working weights and reps (this was after a full 1.5-2 weeks off). When able to handle it, advancing the split will be via intensity techniques, not be adding volume in the form of sets. Split is push heavy, obviously, given where I need to improve. Light on legs for now and they usually grow fine. But this can and will change as much as needed based on progress.

Pull 1/Calves 1
Push 1
Off
Legs 1/ Calves 2
Push 2
Off
Pull 2/Calves 3
Push 3
Off

Pull 1
  1. Kneeling SALPD - 120x10/100x12
  2. HS Row - 5ppx12/4ppsx13
  3. Single Arm Pullover - 50x6/35x8
  4. D-Ring Pulldown - 180x10/140x15
  5. Meadows Lat Row - 90x8/45x12
  6. Single Arm Cable Curl - 25x12/20x15
  7. Single Arm Preacher - 35x10/25x12

Push 1
  1. Low incline banded smith press - 315x11/285x12
  2. Seated Cable flye - 35x13/30x14
  3. HS Incline Press - 4pl8x8/3pl8x9
  4. Lying cuff lateral - 35x11/25x12
  5. Rear Delt Pec Dec - 190x12/160x12
  6. Shoulder press - 3.5ppsx9/2.5ppsx12
  7. OH Tricep cable ext - 35x12/25x15
  8. Single Arm Cable Pushdown - 42.5x7/30x10

Legs
  1. Adductor - 127.5x12/112.5x14
  2. Lying curl - 170x10/140x10
  3. Smith Squat - 4ppsx12/3ppsx15
  4. Leg press - 8ppsx15/10ppsx10/8ppsx15
  5. Single leg extension - 55/70/85x12
  6. Seated curl - 205x10/175x12

Push 2
  1. Lying cuff lateral - 35x12/30x12
  2. Single Cuff rear delt flye - 25x10/20x10
  3. Rev band Inc smith - 275x12/225x15
  4. HS Flat Press - 4ppsx8/3ppsx9
  5. Hs Shoulder press - 3ppsx10/3ppsx9
  6. OTS Tri cable ext - 35x10/25x12
  7. Rope Cable Pushdown - 65x10/50x12

Pull 2
  1. HS Lat Row - 5ppsx15/5ppsx10
  2. HS High Row - 4ppsx6/3ppsx10
  3. Seated Ham curls - 220x10/190x12
  4. Deadlift - 495x5
  5. Meadows Row - 2.5ppsx10/2ppsx10
  6. HS Preacher Curl - 35x10/25x
  7. Single High Cable Curl - 20x10/15x15
Push 3
  1. Flat HS Press - 5ppsx9/4ppsx10
  2. Pec Dec - 220x11/190x12
  3. Seated Cable Press - 50x10/35x12
  4. Single Cuff Lateral - 30x30/25x10
  5. Single Cuff Rear Delt - 25x10/20x10
  6. OH Tri Cable Ext - 42.5x10/35x12/30x14
  7. Dips - BWx10/10

Great split, and you don't happen to have a video of you doing this split. It is the execution technique that is interesting, what kind of rest between sets and how long each workout takes.

I will not be posting regular or even infrequent training videos. It takes too much to do.

Training is the same as it’s been since I started this log. All working sets to failure, 2 working sets per movement (barring a few), as much rest as needed to recover and give it my all for my second set (2-3m typically), workouts take what they take. The goal isn’t to get x done is x time but to make sure my training progresses. Logbooks are fantastic, they can also be too rigid and keep people from progressing if they’re instituted as a hard rule and not a tool

I will not be posting regular or even infrequent training videos. It takes too much to do.

Training is the same as it’s been since I started this log. All working sets to failure, 2 working sets per movement (barring a few), as much rest as needed to recover and give it my all for my second set (2-3m typically), workouts take what they take. The goal isn’t to get x done is x time but to make sure my training progresses. Logbooks are fantastic, they can also be too rigid and keep people from progressing if they’re instituted as a hard rule and not a tool
In any case, thanks, I generally understand the style of your work in the gym!

Bloodwork came back fantastic with the usual markers out of range:
-Need to donate blood soon
-liver values in the 50-60s as usual
-HDL in range, could be better and will work on that
-glucose in the 80s which means my meter reads ~15pts high if consistent, insulin perfect
-cortisol mid range of normal
-crp perfect
-PSA perfect
-cystatin-c still pending for some reason

Fitbit has my RHR during the day at ~58-62, night time dipping to 48-52. Everything else it tracks looks pretty good, but it isn’t the most reliable method.

This set of bloodwork was with my doc. Everyone’s happy.

-glucose in the 80s which means my meter reads ~15pts high if consistent, insulin perfect
-crp perfect
-PSA perfect

Fitbit has my RHR during the day at ~58-62, night time dipping to 48-52. Everything else it tracks looks pretty good, but it isn’t the most reliable method.

Is this with you off all gear? TRT only? Cruise?

Tentative plan for this blast:

Weeks 1-6
500 test
300 primo

Weeks 7-12
500 test
300 primo
200 deca
10mg YK11

Weeks 13-18
750 test
300 primo
200 deca
15-20mg YK11

Weeks 19-24
750 test
600 primo
200 deca
Most likely an oral to finish

6iu GH thruout, slin undecided but most likely also following J3U principles (most of my concepts arrived at on my own mirror Jewett’s now publicized advice so I’m jumping in that boat for GH and slin for a bit as well)

Sdrol, anadrol, tren on hand for any significant plateaus training and food or the natural progression can’t handle.

The idea here is slow anabolic progression (just like food and training) but this is just an outline. Won’t budge drugs if progress continues. This should allow me to use fewer mg and force growth slower over a longer period with the goal of more healthy adaptation to new weight/strength.

-crp perfect
-PSA perfect

Thank you for such a detailed and detailed answer.

Tentative plan for this blast:

Weeks 1-6
500 test
300 primo

Weeks 7-12
500 test
300 primo
200 deca
10mg YK11

Weeks 13-18
750 test
300 primo
200 deca
15-20mg YK11

Weeks 19-24
750 test
600 primo
200 deca
Most likely an oral to finish

6iu GH thruout, slin undecided but most likely also following J3U principles (most of my concepts arrived at on my own mirror Jewett’s now publicized advice so I’m jumping in that boat for GH and slin for a bit as well)

Sdrol, anadrol, tren on hand for any significant plateaus training and food or the natural progression can’t handle.

The idea here is slow anabolic progression (just like food and training) but this is just an outline. Won’t budge drugs if progress continues. This should allow me to use fewer mg and force growth slower over a longer period with the goal of more healthy adaptation to new weight/strength.
Great, reasonable. I seriously support your principles of progressive overload (with volume & tension methods, intensifiers added as necessary) & only dosing to continue progress at a solid rate, upping dose and adding new potent compounds as plateau busters, application of sound training principles. This is stark contrast to the guys that promote maximal tolerable dosing year-round (fear-driven; cannot stand to think about or see 0.5 mg of muscle loss).

Have you used YK11 before? I'd be interested in your impressions and musings, anything and everything that you can share about it.

Back