Daily Log to 2019 Show Season

I assume this means their elbows are facing more forward than at a 45 degree angle.
Simply that in a cable movement you don’t want out of axis forces. Your elbow only bends around one axis. The closer you get the force (tension in the cable) along the same plane thru the axis of rotation at the elbow the more focused the movement is on the target muscle because some other upstream muscle (for tris, the shoulder, back, and pec) doesn’t have to deal with torque at the shoulder.

Simply that in a cable movement you don’t want out of axis forces. Your elbow only bends around one axis. The closer you get the force (tension in the cable) along the same plane thru the axis of rotation at the elbow the more focused the movement is on the target muscle because some other upstream muscle (for tris, the shoulder, back, and pec) doesn’t have to deal with torque at the shoulder.
When I started to do with a cable, I also felt the best effect and sensations of muscle work. And your description put everything in its place.

How do you change your training when cutting and how far out 8-12 weeks? More of circuit split with higher reps or what is your approach? Cardio ,if so fasted ? Deficit and lower carbs..

How do you change your training when cutting and how far out 8-12 weeks? More of circuit split with higher reps or what is your approach? Cardio ,if so fasted ? Deficit and lower carbs..
Training doesn’t change until I can’t recover, then it’s just less volume. Cardio, deficit largely from carbs all in play.

Giving up mentally and training like a pussy when cals are low is a huge mistake.

Training doesn’t change until I can’t recover, then it’s just less volume. Cardio, deficit largely from carbs all in play.

Giving up mentally and training like a pussy when cals are low is a huge mistake.
Sometimes when I'm deficient, it's hard for me to generally get to go to training. But when I do cardio and start training, as if I already have enough energy.

Guys, I try to give as much as i can here but
1. This is my log not a help thread
2. I and others get paid for coaching to guide people thru these answers for their needs

What do good coaches cost nowadays? Just curious.
It’s a wide range. I’d say $150 low end if you’re lucky and personalities/methods align with your needs. $200-300 pretty normal. Some elite coaches charging $500+/month.

Guys, I try to give as much as i can here but
1. This is my log not a help thread
2. I and others get paid for coaching to guide people thru these answers for their needs

It’s a wide range. I’d say $150 low end if you’re lucky and personalities/methods align with your needs. $200-300 pretty normal. Some elite coaches charging $500+/month.
You mean this is not 21 questions (for free) with an IFBB Pro? Well shit.

Your journal in itself is a trove of knowledge that I think everyone should have a read through at some point.

@Mac11wildcat You said you're an engineer of sorts. That you sit at a desk most of the time. Do you think if you had a physical labor type job like mechanic or construction, that you'd have the same drive that you do?

Two things to everybody posting here. One, this thread is 116 pages. Read it. Read all of it. Two, Mac11Wildcat is a coach. Look in his signature line at the url addresses. One of them is this thread (read this thread). The other is a link to a thread about his coaching services. Since he does not seem to want to market it (and I only recently noticed the url address myself), I wanted to point this out for everybody. Go to his link and consider hiring him. Then I bet you get full attention on you and your specific goals.

Do you think you'd be where you are without having the energy?
Yes. Getting my card was nonnegotiable. I’m not gonna forfeit my goals for lack of “energy” while people are achieving theirs being single parents, working 3 jobs, battling illness, etc.

Mind state rules all. If you don’t do it someone else will and that’ll hurt way more than the stairmaster after a long day at work..

Do you think you'd be where you are without having the energy?
You can put more energy into your body much more easily than you can build discipline and drive.

I’m no pro anything, but I’m a pretty highly nationally competitive amateur strongman with a full time job, wife and two kids that are old enough to be in a bunch of sports and stuff but not old enough to do it all them selves. It takes a lot of time and discipline for me to get better, or even maintain where I’m at.

All of that is to echo what Mac said: discipline and drive will out weigh motivation and energy every single time

The “contrary to popular belief and some other idiots on this forum you don’t have to be killing your self to bodybuild” post.

Changing some food sources for the lipids. Super happy to see CRP, Cortisol, insulin looking good. PSA perfect. Let’s go.

Attachments

• 4678DF32-D059-4152-AF65-BD7F71F3C7E7.jpeg
    4678DF32-D059-4152-AF65-BD7F71F3C7E7.jpeg
    378.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 843BFA31-9EED-4A31-874F-31674F43E235.jpeg
    843BFA31-9EED-4A31-874F-31674F43E235.jpeg
    441.4 KB · Views: 74
  • CDCBDE70-E689-4F04-94B7-812E04DDE203.jpeg
    CDCBDE70-E689-4F04-94B7-812E04DDE203.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 73
Back