Today’s training:

Legs
  1. Adductor - 142.5x10/127.5x10
  2. Single Lying Ham Curl - 80x8/65x9
  3. Leg Press - 10ppsx12/8ppsx9(knee)/6ppsx12
  4. RDL - 405x7
  5. Bazooka Split Squat - .5ppsx10/.5ppsx2
  6. Seated Curl - 205x8/175x9
Odd knee pain on the second set of leg press, but fine for the third.

Dinner with mom but stayed on plan with a chicken and rice bowl.

Hopefully this a bunch of boring ass updates.
My parents always try to feed me with their food too. I think that my rice and turkey are not satisfying enough and I'm hungry :)

Keep your head down, focus and grind, Mac. I am so sorry for your loss. Rededicate yourself completely to your crafts (work and physique), and we'll be here to encourage you and to offer you any strength level-ups that we can along the way. The Olympia stage is attainable for you if you set out to achieve that and endeavour daily toward that goal, undoubtedly.
I join these wonderful words and also wish you mental strength and stamina. You can do anything, you are the champion. And we support you.

You’re too kind. JP pushes 7+ I think in that one popular vid in his sandals.

Is something I am going to have to consider though to prevent destroying my joints/structure. JPs a monster but looking like him isn’t the goal.
I agree. Tons of respect for him but isn't the look I'd want to chase either.

Off day today. Woke up at 213; 7lbs in 5 days, hope to keep that trend going steadily for a while until i reach where I was where I think it’ll slow. Gear <1g as I had originally planned, using the exact same cycle plan.

Till tomorrow.

Is something I am going to have to consider though to prevent destroying my joints/structure. JPs a monster but looking like him isn’t the goal.
you just need those anabolic sandals and you are there ;)

Do you have an example of an athlete who is a model for you or maybe there are several of them?

I’ve never really been cultish into anyones methodology, and it is the single most annoying thing I see in the industry and here on Meso. Can always tell who hasn’t been doing this long enough to talk about it when everything they post is from a single source. And inevitably that source changes and they do it again with another source. /rant

Never really held an “idol” in bodybuilding. Have tried to find the tidbits in everyone’s approach that work for me and toss away the rest, “work” being both effective and enjoyable. But if I had to name names:

Who Id want to look like ideally: Keone
Who I train like: Hunter
What got me started: the famous Jay quad-stomp cover of MD from the 2009 Olympia

PM weight around ~219 so only 20lbs more to go to match my all time high this year. :confused:

Pull 2
1. Single Arm Hammer Strength Row (lat focus) - 6ppsx8/5ppsx9
2. Hammer Strength High Row - 3ozx9/2.5ppsx10
3. Single Arm Seated Cable High Row (lat focus) - stackx9/80x10
4. Seated Ham Curl - 220x9/190x12
5. Deadlifts - 495x5 (thisll be 10 in a week I bet)
6. Single Arm Hammer Strength Preacher Curl - 45x8/35x8
7. Single Arm High Cable Curl - 20x15/15x15

I’ve never really been cultish into anyones methodology, and it is the single most annoying thing I see in the industry and here on Meso. Can always tell who hasn’t been doing this long enough to talk about it when everything they post is from a single source. And inevitably that source changes and they do it again with another source. /rant

Never really held an “idol” in bodybuilding. Have tried to find the tidbits in everyone’s approach that work for me and toss away the rest, “work” being both effective and enjoyable. But if I had to name names:

What got me started: the famous Jay quad-stomp cover of MD from the 2009 Olympia
Thank you for such a detailed answer, very true thoughts. I always read you and understand that you have a very literate and thoughtful approach. You're a big lad.

PM weight around ~219 so only 20lbs more to go to match my all time high this year. :confused:

Pull 2
1. Single Arm Hammer Strength Row (lat focus) - 6ppsx8/5ppsx9
2. Hammer Strength High Row - 3ozx9/2.5ppsx10
3. Single Arm Seated Cable High Row (lat focus) - stackx9/80x10
4. Seated Ham Curl - 220x9/190x12
5. Deadlifts - 495x5 (thisll be 10 in a week I bet)
6. Single Arm Hammer Strength Preacher Curl - 45x8/35x8
7. Single Arm High Cable Curl - 20x15/15x15
Great workout. You are progressing in your own weight, excellent dynamics. What is your favorite workout, legs, back, arms, chest, shoulders or abs?

I like JP’s new series for the fact he specifically says “everything I say is not for you”. Like you said Mac, pick tidbits from EVERY source and develop what works for ourselves. What works for Mac might not be the best for me, an vice versa. That’s why I love bodybuilding, to find success, atleast for your average genetic guy, you have to completely customize your approach, for diet, drug, and training protocols. PS I love hunters approach to training, so I use a progressive overload approach, and the snag a bit of Milo’s style, to engorge the targeted muscle with blood by using higher volume and different angles, after your progressive exercises.

When I tried doing everything progressive I got very strong, grew very fast, and was in a lot of pain, joints tendon and ligament. So to use only a few progressive exercises and then push blood is my sweet recipe. Now just to continue adding food and stay consistent.

I’m sure Mac will agree, #1 tip, go for 6 months without missing a meal, if you miss, restart that time. You will grow. Stole that from super slice.

Sorry don’t want to clutter up your page, just a positive insight. I’m rooting for you Mac! I’ll support the guy grinding in the gutter over a genetic freak any day.

End of rotation 1 of my split. Set good baselines but WAY stronger than I anticipated and likely need to consider ways to avoid adding too much more weight to protect joints.

Push 3
1. Hammer Strength Flat Press - 5ppsx8/4ppsx9
2. Single Cable Cuff Lateral - 35x10/30x10
3. 45deg Incline Smith - 315x7/275x10
4. DB Laterals SS Single Cable Cuff Rear Delt - 35x11+20x10/35x11+20x10
5. Smith JM Press - 275x8/225x9
6. Single Arm Cable Tri Ext - 35x10/25x15

very nice log man and congrats on your pro card last year. I got mine last year as well. Will definitely be following along. You have a great 212 physique. Going to be dangerous at the Pro Level.
He has a great blog here with great interest to read. Congratulations on your pro card too.

Back