Pull 1
1. Kneeling SALPD - 120x8/100x10
2. Hammer Strength Row (upper/mid back) - 4ppsx11/3.5ppsx10
3. Single Arm Cable Pullover - 35x11/30x10
4. D-Ring Pulldown (upper/mid back) - 160x11/140x12
5. Single Arm Cable Curl - 30x12/25x11
6. Single DB Preacher - 30x13/30x9
7. 3 sets of abs

Should reach 225 PM weight this week. Slow and steady.
Great workout, we are waiting for a new photo in a new weight.

How high did you push your carbs in the offseason?
I am carb cycling on 900g a day on high carb days and 700g on medium days. I am maintainin weight like this. Do you think i can push carbs over 1000 without affecting insulin sensitivity? Thank you.

I am carb cycling on 900g a day on high carb days and 700g on medium days. I am maintainin weight like this. Do you think i can push carbs over 1000 without affecting insulin sensitivity? Thank you.
Whats your fasted blood glucose and post prandial glucose running right now? That data will be helpful for him to give an accurate answer

I went to 1k last season. Itl take a hit. That’s why we have to do this cyclically, not always just one long continuous push.

But 84 is perfect for fasted. On a normal training day do pre/20/60/90 minutes post meal glucose tests and start post the results.

When that high it’s important to limit heavy sugars and eat foods that digest well to avoid being constantly elevating glucose.

I went to 1k last season. Itl take a hit. That’s why we have to do this cyclically, not always just one long continuous push.

But 84 is perfect for fasted. On a normal training day do pre/20/60/90 minutes post meal glucose tests and start post the results.

When that high it’s important to limit heavy sugars and eat foods that digest well to avoid being constantly elevating glucose.
And which ones do you recommend?

@Mac11wildcat

I was wondering, looking at your macro split... Why did you decide on 90-100g of fats as opposed to, say... 50-60g?
Several reasons.

1. Foods like steak and eggs are IMO a better choice than chicken and white fish until caloric intake is heavily restricted. More micros, solid health benefits to fat, etc.
2. Having more fats leaves a cushion for the very last push deep into prep where stripping 10g of fat is the same as 25g of carbs cals wise and 20-30g of fat removed can be huge visually. The last step of pulling fats can be a push over the edge of truly peeled.
3. Fats taste good.

Last edited:
Several reasons.

1. Foods like steak and eggs are IMO a better choice than chicken and white fish until caloric intake is heavily restricted. More micros, solid health benefits to fat, etc.
2. Having more fats leaves a cushion for the very last push deep into prep where stripping 10g of fat is the same as 25g of carbs cals wise and 20-30g of fat removed can be huge visually. The last step of pulling fats can be a push over the edge of truly peeled.
3. Fats taste good.
Wow, that is, in the off-season, you restore the body and consciously saturate it with fats within reason, so that later the body would better give off fat on drying? understood correctly?

Starting a new job today and excited for the change and the schedule more than the job itself at this point. Up early. Fasted cardio. Already 1 meal in by 6:30. Waking up at 216, not impressed but can’t be upset with the result of work I haven’t been doing well. Best I’ve been at 216 but, work to be done.
E88E3EE7-F628-4B75-A2A5-C525065AA3EC.jpeg

Starting a new job today and excited for the change and the schedule more than the job itself at this point. Up early. Fasted cardio. Already 1 meal in by 6:30. Waking up at 216, not impressed but can’t be upset with the result of work I haven’t been doing well. Best I’ve been at 216 but, work to be done.
View attachment 176278
And if it makes sense to do cardio on an empty stomach or is it a habit.
I tried, but I'm more comfortable because the stomach is empty and it's easier to move than after eating.

We are almost always our own worst critic.

You should be impressed. Well done.

Fasted cardio is just what I like. Especially in the cold. Wakes me up physically and mentally and sets a tone for the day. Checking something off the list before the suns even up is a severely underrated technique to get your days trending toward a win.

Fasted cardio is just what I like. Especially in the cold. Wakes me up physically and mentally and sets a tone for the day. Checking something off the list before the suns even up is a severely underrated technique to get your days trending toward a win.
Didn't think about it that way. He underestimated him very much, I heard from many that such cardio charges them for the whole day and did not understand how.
It's a problem for me to get up early. But apparently when there is a sports goal, it becomes a normal life.

And how much do you usually recommend doing cardio on an empty stomach in terms of time and kcal consumption?
And do you have to do it every day?

Several reasons.

3. Fats taste good.
Good reasoning, always love to see this.

Several reasons.

3. Fats taste good.

So more cushion for the pushing?

I always suspected you liked the fatties

Back