Daily Log to 2019 Show Season

Confused as to how I still look like this after a couple days back training and eating but I guess I’ll take it. Waiting for word back from my coach on this weeks plan, then hopefully on the up.
F64CC116-575E-461A-B7CF-87950DC674CD.jpeg

If anyones got the secret for triceps I’ll take it. Seem to be stubborn AF, atleast from the front.

Medical examiner finally got back to us with my brothers cause of death. Natural via seizure. Something he could’ve avoided if he’d just taken the fucking meds he was prescribed the week before for another seizure that caused a minor car accident.

Thought this would help, now I’m just angry with him. Mostly for leaving his son to his horrible ex. But for not listening to me. Leaving me here knowing that I’ll be left as the last of our family in what I hope is a couple decades but regardless will be way too soon.

I tell everyone to “check on their people” often. That’s still important…but for fucks sake guys, take care of yourselves as well. See a doctor. Mitigate the risks of this vice we have and if this is it, make it just this one. And make time count while you’re here.

Medical examiner finally got back to us with my brothers cause of death. Natural via seizure. Something he could’ve avoided if he’d just taken the fucking meds he was prescribed the week before for another seizure that caused a minor car accident.

Thought this would help, now I’m just angry with him. Mostly for leaving his son to his horrible ex. But for not listening to me. Leaving me here knowing that I’ll be left as the last of our family in what I hope is a couple decades but regardless will be way too soon.

I tell everyone to “check on their people” often. That’s still important…but for fucks sake guys, take care of yourselves as well. See a doctor. Mitigate the risks of this Vice we have. And make it count while you’re here.

Jesus man. Sorry for your loss.

Wise words.

Confused as to how I still look like this after a couple days back training and eating but I guess I’ll take it. Waiting for word back from my coach on this weeks plan, then hopefully on the up.
View attachment 250512

If anyones got the secret for triceps I’ll take it. Seem to be stubborn AF, atleast from the front.
I can suggest a sort of a triceps specialization cycle for 6 - 8 weeks, if you'd like to shake things up a bit, that can be managed with your routine (to replace triceps exercises):

Weeks 1 - 3 or 4 (depending on cycle length)
2X weekly:
French press 3X8 (1 - 2 RIR)
Triceps pushdowns 3X10 (1 - 2 RIR)
Close grip flat bench press (dumbbells, or barbell) to elbows 90° with the floor (not touching pectorals) 3X8 (1 - 2 RIR)

Weeks 4 or 5 - 6 or 8 (depending on cycle length)
Day 1:
French press 3X8RM (repetition maximum)
Triceps pushdowns 3X12 (0 - 1 RIR)
Flat bench press (dumbbells, or barbell) to elbows 90° with the floor (not touching pectorals) 3X8 (2 - 4 RIR)
Day 2:
Close grip flat bench press (dumbbells, or barbell) to elbows 90° with the floor (not touching pectorals) 3X8RM (repetition maximum)
Triceps pushdowns 3X10 (0 - 1 RIR)

Then, based on new strength level, back to:
Triceps pushdowns 3X10 (1 - 2 RIR)
Close grip flat bench press (dumbbells, or barbell) to elbows 90° with the floor (not touching pectorals) 3X8 (1 - 2 RIR)

For the final week of either the 6 or 8 week cycle:
Day (n-1):
French press 3X8RM (repetition maximum)
Triceps pushdowns 3X12 (0 - 1 RIR)
Close grip flat bench press (dumbbells, or barbell) to elbows 90° with the floor (not touching pectorals) 3X8 (2 - 4 RIR)

Day n (final day):
Close grip flat bench press (dumbbells, or barbell) to elbows 90° with the floor (not touching pectorals) 3X8RM (repetition maximum)
Triceps pushdowns 3X10 (0 - 1 RIR)

Last edited:
Woah! Subbing/Following/Watching (whatever you wanna call it) this thread. There are too many pages for me to read through but I skimmed through some of them. Very informative! Thankful for your transparency. Also, I am sincerely sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences bro. Keep on trucking big man. You’re an inspiration!! Thank you for taking the time to post.

@Mac11wildcat nice video and my gym has that same squat machine and I love it. Less stress on my back and knees yet the motion feels like a regular squat. Impressive weight!

Video plays on my laptop but not on my iphone as well...weird.

When I’m ready, and I don’t think I am. If I can get to 235-240 fasted in decent shape I think I’ll have enough size to compete. I’ve gotten to 232, so not much more to go past that. Just need to get back there.
Fair enough man and when it's time bring the fireworks.

Back