Daily Log to 2019 Show Season

Looking good my friend, How have you found the timeline/periodization of these high vs low volume phases to work out best for you? How long do you prefer, or suggest, someone spend time in each phase?

Is everything going well with you? Looks so!
90% of my time is spent in strict progressive overload. I utilize this volume approach as a deload for my joints and fatigue. So maybe 1-2 cycles of a split out of every 8-12?

Looking good my friend, How have you found the timeline/periodization of these high vs low volume phases to work out best for you? How long do you prefer, or suggest, someone spend time in each phase?

Is everything going well with you? Looks so!
This information will be of interest to many.

I will likely be absent for an extended period and figured I’d head off the speculation.

I lost my only brother yesterday, and there’s more important things to focus on. See y’all soon.

I will likely be absent for an extended period and figured I’d head off the speculation.

I lost my only brother yesterday, and there’s more important things to focus on. See y’all soon.
Sorry for your loss. Focus on family man

I sympathize with you and wish you patience. We are waiting for your return, Family is the most important thing in life.

Learned some things about my brother in spending time with his friends over the last two weeks. Also learned quite a bit about me as a result.

This will once again be a daily log. Mostly to help my accountability. I’m also no longer taking a work from home route and was back in the office 6am today. Also think this will help with many things, not just bodybuilding.

I lost 20lbs between the day he passed and when I told my coach and good friend that this needs to be the anchor I hold to keep the rest of me on track as we figure out life without my brother. This will be my third day back on plan. I started Saturday at 206.

I’m never one to put explicit goals out in public, but his passing changes my perspective on many things; my goals and work being among them. Another massive blow in the ever creeping realization that time is far more fragile a concept than 99.9% of people care to consider, if they consider it at all.

This’ll seem cheesy to some. Stupid to others. Arrogant to those who don’t know me. One thing my brother had, for better or worse, was assuredness in who he was and what he could do. I could use a little more of that. In no way is this me guaranteeing it. I’m not that naive. The IFBB is as competitive as it’s ever been. But the goal is an Olympia stage by 2024.

Appreciate your guys’ well wishes and such. Right or wrong this Is generally how I cope with things. So here we go.

Today’s training:

Legs
  1. Adductor - 142.5x10/127.5x10
  2. Single Lying Ham Curl - 80x8/65x9
  3. Leg Press - 10ppsx12/8ppsx9(knee)/6ppsx12
  4. RDL - 405x7
  5. Bazooka Split Squat - .5ppsx10/.5ppsx2
  6. Seated Curl - 205x8/175x9
Odd knee pain on the second set of leg press, but fine for the third.

Dinner with mom but stayed on plan with a chicken and rice bowl.

Hopefully this a bunch of boring ass updates.

~3 days worth of food wirh a bit extra for trimming/loss/my son eating my food
-1.5lbs steak
-1.5lbs chicken
-1.5lbs sockeye
-5 bananas
-4 greek yogurts
-5lbs rice
-1 pineapple
-grapefruit juice
-peanut butter

Puts and takes for >3 days worth volumes and stuff not pictured, ~$70/3 days, ~$160/week.

Attachments

• A9DB9B4B-CA87-4D69-8848-23E02F18A316.jpeg
    A9DB9B4B-CA87-4D69-8848-23E02F18A316.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
Sorry to hear about your brother my friend. Good to see that you have an anchor, a way to cope and get through the hard times. I've found bodybuilding and its routines to be very helpful in hard times like this. I wish you the best, keep on cranking and take care of yourself and your family. Appreciate the updates.

Also huge brain fart this morning. Lol. Too early. Another 1.5lb of steak and chicken makes it 3 days. 1lb a day of steak and chicken, .5lbs of salmon.

Learned some things about my brother in spending time with his friends over the last two weeks. Also learned quite a bit about me as a result.

This will once again be a daily log. Mostly to help my accountability. I’m also no longer taking a work from home route and was back in the office 6am today. Also think this will help with many things, not just bodybuilding.

I lost 20lbs between the day he passed and when I told my coach and good friend that this needs to be the anchor I hold to keep the rest of me on track as we figure out life without my brother. This will be my third day back on plan. I started Saturday at 206.

I’m never one to put explicit goals out in public, but his passing changes my perspective on many things; my goals and work being among them. Another massive blow in the ever creeping realization that time is far more fragile a concept than 99.9% of people care to consider, if they consider it at all.

This’ll seem cheesy to some. Stupid to others. Arrogant to those who don’t know me. One thing my brother had, for better or worse, was assuredness in who he was and what he could do. I could use a little more of that. In no way is this me guaranteeing it. I’m not that naive. The IFBB is as competitive as it’s ever been. But the goal is an Olympia stage by 2024.

Appreciate your guys’ well wishes and such. Right or wrong this Is generally how I cope with things. So here we go.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, it is interesting to many and most importantly useful. There is something to learn.

Keep your head down, focus and grind, Mac. I am so sorry for your loss. Rededicate yourself completely to your crafts (work and physique), and we'll be here to encourage you and to offer you any strength level-ups that we can along the way. The Olympia stage is attainable for you if you set out to achieve that and endeavour daily toward that goal, undoubtedly.

Another win

Did change training a tad from my post a couple pages back, but fairly consistent, just different movements here and there.

Push 2
1. Hammer strength incline press - 5ppsx10/4ppsx11/
2. Hammer strength flat (converging) press - 5ppsx8/4ppsx9
3. DB laterals - 50x12/45x12/35x12
4. Single Lateral cable tri extension - 42.5x9/35x10
5. Single cable tri extension - 35x8/30x10
6. Narrow cable press - 50x12/42.5x12
7. Standing calf press - 3ppsx12/2ppsx12
8. Seated calf raise - 1ppsx13/1ppsx12

Even with 2 weeks off and down 20lbs strength is extremely high, especially for someone of my relative size so every movement is picked for alignment and being as easy on my joints/cns as possible while still working intensely.

Back