Dirts Brew log

For whatever reason @readalot has become obsessed with this pet topic of heavy metal contamination of gear.

Here's jano's answer to this question on Reddit 2021-07-10:

Source:
View: https://old.reddit.com/r/steroids/comments/ohi9le/daily_ask_anything_20210710/h4q3idd/

Context:
View: https://old.reddit.com/r/steroids/comments/ohi9le/daily_ask_anything_20210710/h4q3idd/?context=3

Hey man thanks for dropping in and sharing the info!! When i set out on the testing part I really was the most interested in the sterility of the oil that I made.. That seemed to me to be really the most important part. I just decided to do the GCMS and LCMS just to see. I opted not to do the heavy metal cause well you know my past, if the things i use to put in my body hasnt killed me a little heavy metal is not gonna hurt! I just dont want my leg to fall off. The sterility test is not complete yet but as of a couple days ago
(NG) no growth. The GCMS jano performed showed no harmful substances. I did see on the raw data sheet that there was a very small trace of Test Enanthate but other than that it seems as if I have myself a couple of years worth of clean test! Thanks for stopping in coach and for all that helped me to accomplish this year I appreciate brother.
Peace

EQ 500mg/ml MCT BB18%
start from here, I believe can be done 600mg 20%BB the 500mg is 100% tested
@dirthand
Its seems to me 500mg/ml would be a good spot. before i make that one i would want to kind of research and see what the common dosage of the compound is.. Honestly ive never tried it and not sure i ever will as i've heard there is really nothing super special about it.. we shall see! thanks for the recipe. keep me posted on how the 600mg/ml goes if you do it.

For whatever reason @readalot has become obsessed with this pet topic of heavy metal contamination of gear.

Thanks for sharing the reddit find. Regarding your comment above (2nd time this week you've tagged/replied to me regarding heavy metals), my answer is the same as last time. Metals just one of the many tests performed to USP standards for Pharmaceutical AAS QC.

Good comments by Jano (thanks for sharing them):
I'd worry much more about stuff such as impurities from degradation (mostly cause PIP), impurities from chinese giving up on recrystallization a little bit too soon, mixed up compounds, residual solvents etc..

I had not read those comments, but the gist sounds familiar:

In particular, maybe you'll enjoy this given your very high IQ:

IMO, the analysis provided indicates making sure ugl manufacturers aren't cutting corners on residual solvents leftover from chemical synthesis and/or purification is a worthwhile endeavor.

Or maybe this one:

That obsession with heavy metals is really strong with me; gosh, you've got me dead to rights.

So revisiting your comment (which doesn't sound all that sincere; i see your pattern):

I am hopeful you will abandon perpetuating the silliness. How did you miss all this given your prodigious research skills?

You know it's funny, I was the one conversing with Jano about the possibility of robust residuals solvent testing, which doesnt appear to be widely available to UGL users today.

But tell me more how I am obsessed with heavy metals. Tag me again tomorrow? Heavy metals?

Come to think of it, I haven't received another one of your entrapment schemes via PM lately. That's been nice. Instead of tagging me about heavy metals tomorrow, maybe whisper on another thread I am LE. That's always a nice touch.

Brandolini's Law sure is a bi*ch.

Last edited:
I will say.. I never did try the whole turkey fryer pressure cooker thing!! Lol
Yeah I was worried about you when you said that lol. You’re very intelligent, I was never doubting that. But every year around thanksgiving you see those news stories about someone being seriously injured by those outdoor propane burners because they don’t regulate heat well. People wind up heating their turkey friers so hot it hits a flash point and they burn their house down or get badly burned. Hope you know my only concern was your safety brother!!

I have been using dry heat sterilization since I started home brewing and it’s worked great, But I’m definitely going to invest in a good name brand autoclave this year. There is a medical supply company near me that sells them wholesale to doctors and dentists, I luckily know someone who owns a vets office and she’s agreed to order one on my behalf.

I really feel if you can afford it, autoclaves are a great investment.

I have been using dry heat sterilization since I started home brewing and it’s worked great, But I’m definitely going to invest in a good name brand autoclave this year. There is a medical supply company near me that sells them wholesale to doctors and dentists, I luckily know someone who owns a vets office and she’s agreed to order one on my behalf.

I really feel if you can afford it, autoclaves are a great investment.
For now I have a big electric pressure cooker and a counter top oven... I do both for my media bottles

Its seems to me 500mg/ml would be a good spot. before i make that one i would want to kind of research and see what the common dosage of the compound is.. Honestly ive never tried it and not sure i ever will as i've heard there is really nothing super special about it.. we shall see! thanks for the recipe. keep me posted on how the 600mg/ml goes if you do it.
Standard dosage is usually 300mg/ml
I think originally it was 100mg/ml the mexican vet EQ.

Too many years ago I can't remember.

500mg is doable and has no pip, 600mg I'll try when I get my raws

EQ has no middle ground, you love it or you hate it.

If you are able to run it at 800/1200+ mg week without crashing your E2 or getting crazy high HCT and anxiety you are golden as it doesn't fuck up your markers in anyway (at least by my own experience) If you get those specific sides tho it's a pain in the ass and useless, plus some ppl respond just fantastic to it some other don't.

But if you don't get those sides it's a very mild compound that you can run for a long time without much issue.

I have read about kidney damage from it but for what I have understood it's something that is created by the crashed E2 that boldenone can give. (I could be regurgitating shit here, so do your own research as usual, don't trust me much)

Does anyone have found vacuum filter top system with PTFE membrane? I can't find it, only PES or NYLON wtf
BA is not compatible with PES for example, PTFE is the most compatible and best filter for what I have gathered reading the compatibility charts but I can't find any bottle top filter vacuum system that use it, why??

@narta @Spaceman Spiff @dirthand

Does anyone have found vacuum filter top system with PTFE membrane? I can't find it, only PES or NYLON wtf
BA is not compatible with PES for example, PTFE is the most compatible and best filter for what I have gathered reading the compatibility charts but I can't find any bottle top filter vacuum system that use it, why??

@narta @Spaceman Spiff @dirthand
Good luck I've searched ro almost no avail.. I use nylon... @ksm2 Poated some in this thread but I ne wr pursued them.. Korean made

you can add ba after you have filtered if your ba is really pure. I have done it and no problem. Or you can run it through syringe filter since the volume is not much.

how do you feel the nylon work? fine enough?
Yes nylon works good.. I have used pvdf but I wouldn't use them with a higher bb than 18-20%.. just best to use nylon imo. I use nylon bottletops ptfe syringe filters..... will pvdf work.. yes but nylon has abetter rating on the compatability charts.. nylon are protein binding but as we can see on the test d concentration test I did (which was filtered with nylon bottletop) it did just fine. Some batches I made first starting out that I filtered with milipore pvdf bottletop filters came out cloudy. I still ran the gear but when I switched to nylon no more cloudy gear!!

Yes nylon works good.. I have used pvdf but I wouldn't use them with a higher bb than 18-20%.. just best to use nylon imo. I use nylon bottletops ptfe syringe filters..... will pvdf work.. yes but nylon has abetter rating on the compatability charts.. nylon are protein binding but as we can see on the test d concentration test I did (which was filtered with nylon bottletop) it did just fine. Some batches I made first starting out that I filtered with milipore pvdf bottletop filters came out cloudy. I still ran the gear but when I switched to nylon no more cloudy gear!!
where do you buy the media bottle cap with a butyl stopper on top, so that you can draw the gear from the media bottle with a sterile syringe and transfer into a sterile vial?

where do you buy the media bottle cap with a butyl stopper on top, so that you can draw the gear from the media bottle with a sterile syringe and transfer into a sterile vial?
You have to buy the open caps and stopper separate. I have gotten mine from medlab supply. But there are some better looking ones on aliexpress I want to try
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
$22.00 | Gl45 Reagent Bottle Stopper Blue Cap Bottle Stopper Milky White Foaming Plug Laboratory Silica Gel Plug Test Tube Plug Anaerobic

You have to buy the open caps and stopper separate. I have gotten mine from medlab supply. But there are some better looking ones on aliexpress I want to try
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
$22.00 | Gl45 Reagent Bottle Stopper Blue Cap Bottle Stopper Milky White Foaming Plug Laboratory Silica Gel Plug Test Tube Plug Anaerobic
those are not sterile am I wrong? Do you need to sterilize it then?
If you find any already sterilized and single packed send a link please

Back