Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

I've read through 15 pages now and wasn't able to find anyone really talking about it much

Has anybody had any hypoglycemic episodes from semaglutide? If so, what was your dose? I was thinking of a consistent 0.25mg a week as that is what everyone appears to say is all you really need. From my research it doesn't seem like its really that much of a concern, I just didn't know if there may be a few people here who have experienced it or not and was looking to see if it was actually plausible.

Right now I'm just juicing spinach, apples, cucumbers and celery and having 3 juices a day with 3 sirloin steaks (combined with cardio of course). Really very little carbs (with the exception in the sugar from the fruits in the juices, which is pretty minimal) so I don't see a huge purpose for semaglutide right now.

But I'm getting pretty sick of this diet and am planning to use a more sustainable diet with real food.

If you experienced hypoglycemia before with use of semaglutide, I would love to hear from you. What dose were you on, a very vague generality of what your diet looked like, and what other supplements or medications you used that may work synergistically along side semaglutide.

I've read through 15 pages now and wasn't able to find anyone really talking about it much

Has anybody had any hypoglycemic episodes from semaglutide? If so, what was your dose? I was thinking of a consistent 0.25mg a week as that is what everyone appears to say is all you really need. From my research it doesn't seem like its really that much of a concern, I just didn't know if there may be a few people here who have experienced it or not and was looking to see if it was actually plausible.

Right now I'm just juicing spinach, apples, cucumbers and celery and having 3 juices a day with 3 sirloin steaks (combined with cardio of course). Really very little carbs (with the exception in the sugar from the fruits in the juices, which is pretty minimal) so I don't see a huge purpose for semaglutide right now.

But I'm getting pretty sick of this diet and am planning to use a more sustainable diet with real food.

If you experienced hypoglycemia before with use of semaglutide, I would love to hear from you. What dose were you on, a very vague generality of what your diet looked like, and what other supplements or medications you used that may work synergistically along side semaglutide.
0.25mg a week with metformin(was starting semaglutide for the first time).

Stoped metformin the same day I experienced mild hypoglycemia

One of the chief benefits of the GLP-1 agonists for the treatment of diabetes is that they are very, very unlikely to cause hypoglycemia on their own. It's almost always when they're taken with other drugs -- metformin, sulfonylurea, insulin -- that it's an issue.

From your description of your diet, it looks like you earned your low blood sugar the old fashioned way.

There's no real GLP-1 diet modification, except what's dictated by the side effects of the drugs. I can't eat really fatty stuff without indigestion, for instance. The bottom line is, if you don't need appetite suppression, then don't take something to suppress appetite. And if your body is telling you that you need more sugar, ingest more sugar.

I ordered from QSC Semaglutide 4mg and usually it was black tops in the past. Today I received gold tops and nothing on the box to indicate what it is. It seems like they have way more powder than they normally do. Anyone have input who has ordered from them before would be greatly appreciated. I'm still waiting on a response from QSC.

I ordered from QSC Semaglutide 4mg and usually it was black tops in the past. Today I received gold tops and nothing on the box to indicate what it is. It seems like they have way more powder than they normally do. Anyone have input who has ordered from them before would be greatly appreciated. I'm still waiting on a response from QSC.
Mine were gold also 2 wks ago

About a week ago I started going to these Muay Thai and boxing Bootcamp classes at localgym. I took a membership out in January but life happened and didn't start going till now. These intense cardio sessions really kill my appetite while I'm also on semaglutide and metformin. When I was clean, this sort of cardio would make me ravenous.

Anyone else experience intense cardio sessions helping kill appetite?

Hasn't been black in months. I ordered alot of sema from them

reposting this one with some corrections. please let me know

Here is my type up for dosing instructions for UGL vials as of 6/21

Would be nice to have input for any changes

There may be hyperlinks for studies/recommendations for meds. I am not recommending or endorsing any particular source. this is just to help other users.

I have used this on 20+ users. 12+ of them were women.

Brand name for the main GLP Agonists we use are Mounjaro(Tirzepatide) and Ozempic/Wegovy(Semaglutide)

Contraindications

• Family History of Thyroid Cancer
  • Neuroendocrine tumors
  • Caution with history of pancreatitis
  • Poor Kidney Function

Ancillaries to have on hand:

Famotidine - every 12 hours Acid reflux control. https://a.co/d/hdZowI8 (Amazon Brand). Costco also has this for dirt cheap.

I do not advise Proton pump inhibitors AKA PPI (omeprazole, lanosprozole, pantoprozole) as medical data shows us some of the long term issues… Also drug to drug interactions.

Pepto-Bismol- great for sulfur(egg) burps. Might make stool black, if it turns black, it does not mean you have internal bleeding.

Tums - Short term acid reflux control. I prefer https://a.co/d/hxZcPOf (this formulation) of it. Costco brand one gives me a metallic taste I do not like.

Simethicone - great for gas pain/ clearance. little to no toxicity profile. You really cannot OD on this. https://a.co/d/bwM0ZAk (Amazon Brand)

Ondansetron (Zofran) - Antinausea. This is something I have been able to get a hold of. A few sources here do have it. Other option is Reglan.

Metformin has been shown to help boost the effects of the weight loss. Unsure of how to incorporate this in. Maybe when the drug stalls out or to make smaller doses more effective. (from Ttran1485).

I prefer the XR version of Metformin. its a little bit more expensive(But it is still dirt cheap)

Addition of metformin to exogenous glucagon-like peptide-1 results in increased serum glucagon-like peptide-1 concentrations and greater glucose lowering in type 2 diabetes mellitus

To my current knowledge, there are no dosing instructions in adding metformin to your regimen.

If you are going to add Metformin. I would advise to NOT ADD IT the same week as starting or a dose increase. I would add it on a subsequent week that you are not experiencing symptoms.

For example. You escalated at week 9. Do not add metformin this week, if you are at week 10 and still experiencing low appetite. Then it may be best to wait until week 11.

Laxatives- Keep MiraLAX, senna, or bisacodyl on hand.
General sides with GLP Agonists
-Heart burn
-Constipation
-Nausea
-Vomiting(If you dose escalate too fast, follow the instructions)
-Fatigue(unsure if it’s the calorie deficit causing this)

Some little tips:
This is great to combine for BG control for HGH.
Increase hydration to promote bowel movements
Keep a laxative on hand to make sure you do not get backed up.

Dosing
Jano has done a stability test on the semaglutide and no degradation after 2 weeks out of the fridge from QSC vials. I am assuming this applies to all generic. Click here for Jano degradation trial

You do not need to increase the dose if you are unable to tolerate the sides or if the appetite suppression is adequate.

weight loss has been shown to stall around 4 months. Might be ideal to titrate off and take a break for 3-4 months. Or could try to incorporate metformin to make it stronger.

One other alternative to dosing is to dose every 3-5 days(use inject half of target weekly dose). This can help maintain peak drug concentrations. You can also create more subtle increases and titrate on the way you feel. I have done every 4 days by cutting the weekly dose in half. Keeps things more stable including the drop of appetite.

Ozempic(Semaglutide) dosing brochure. Click here

OZEMPIC DOSING INSTRUCTIONS: Place 1ML BAC in 2MG Vial or 2 ML in the 4mg vial
Weekly Total DoseDurationVolume on Syringe
0.25mg4 weeks13 units
0.5mg4 weeks25 units
1mg4 weeks/ maintenance50 units
1.5mg4 weeks75 units
2mg4 weeks100 units
2.4mg4 weeks120 units/1.2ml

Semaglutide: My preferred dosing is used with 0.5ML of BAC in a 2mg vial or 1 ml of BAC in 4mg Vial this is what I have used on other people
0.6mg4 weeks15 units
1mg4 weeks25 units
1.4 mg4 weeks/maintenance35 units
1.8mg4 weeks45 units
2.2mg4 weeks55 units
2.4mgongoing60 units

http://xn--https-nw3b/uspl.lilly.com/mounjaro/mounjaro.html?s=pi%27 (Mounjaro(Tirzepatide) dosing brochure. Click here)
Tirzepatide. I would advise to stop when you hit 10mg a week and take a break for 3 months. Place 1ML of BAC in the vial
2.5mg4 weeks25 units
5mg4 weeks*maintennace50 units
7.5mg4 weeks75 units
10mg4 weeks100 units
12.5mg4 weeks12.5 units
15mg4 weeks/ongoing150 units/1.2ml

Yes, go back a few mos to where I discuss getting comically ill. Was a total.shit show long story short and vomitted unlike any "fake" movie scene you've ever witnessed. Got home thru a blizzard and bought 3 boxes of lucky charms omw home.and lived on them and ice cream for 2 days. I should note I also live zero carb, and that was a major factor with the results.

2,4 mg di Semaglutide è prescritto alla popolazione obesa.

Gli utenti qui devono salire a quella dose? qual è la tua esperienza?
2,4 mg è il dosaggio massimo raccomandato per semaglutide, ma dovrebbe essere raggiunto gradualmente. Si parte da 0,25, poi 0,50 e 1 mg, bisogna stare nei dosaggi finché il senso di sazietà non è sotto controllo.

Wharton S, Blevins T, Connery L, et al. Daily Oral GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Orforglipron for Adults with Obesity. N Engl J Med. 2023 Jun 23. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2302392. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37351564. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2302392

Background: Obesity is a major risk factor for many leading causes of illness and death worldwide. Data are needed regarding the efficacy and safety of the nonpeptide glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist orforglipron as a once-daily oral therapy for weight reduction in adults with obesity.

Methods: In this phase 2, randomized, double-blind trial, we enrolled adults with obesity, or with overweight plus at least one weight-related coexisting condition, and without diabetes. Participants were randomly assigned to receive orforglipron at one of four doses (12, 24, 36, or 45 mg) or placebo once daily for 36 weeks. The percentage change from baseline in body weight was assessed at week 26 (primary end point) and at week 36 (secondary end point).

Results: A total of 272 participants underwent randomization. At baseline, the mean body weight was 108.7 kg, and the mean body-mass index (the weight in kilograms divided by the square of the height in meters) was 37.9. At week 26, the mean change from baseline in body weight ranged from -8.6% to -12.6% across the orforglipron dose cohorts and was -2.0% in the placebo group. At week 36, the mean change ranged from -9.4% to -14.7% with orforglipron and was -2.3% with placebo. A weight reduction of at least 10% by week 36 occurred in 46 to 75% of the participants who received orforglipron, as compared with 9% who received placebo. The use of orforglipron led to improvement in all prespecified weight-related and cardiometabolic measures. The most common adverse events reported with orforglipron were gastrointestinal events, which were mild to moderate, occurred primarily during dose escalation, and led to discontinuation of orforglipron in 10 to 17% of participants across dose cohorts. The safety profile of orforglipron was consistent with that of the GLP-1 receptor agonist class.

Conclusions: Daily oral orforglipron, a nonpeptide GLP-1 receptor agonist, was associated with weight reduction. Adverse events reported with orforglipron were similar to those with injectable GLP-1 receptor agonists.

Attachments

• Daily Oral GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Orforglipron for Adults with Obesity.pdf
    555.3 KB · Views: 1
Wharton S, Blevins T, Connery L, et al. Daily Oral GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Orforglipron for Adults with Obesity. N Engl J Med. 2023 Jun 23. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2302392. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37351564. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2302392

Background: Obesity is a major risk factor for many leading causes of illness and death worldwide. Data are needed regarding the efficacy and safety of the nonpeptide glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist orforglipron as a once-daily oral therapy for weight reduction in adults with obesity.

Methods: In this phase 2, randomized, double-blind trial, we enrolled adults with obesity, or with overweight plus at least one weight-related coexisting condition, and without diabetes. Participants were randomly assigned to receive orforglipron at one of four doses (12, 24, 36, or 45 mg) or placebo once daily for 36 weeks. The percentage change from baseline in body weight was assessed at week 26 (primary end point) and at week 36 (secondary end point).

Results: A total of 272 participants underwent randomization. At baseline, the mean body weight was 108.7 kg, and the mean body-mass index (the weight in kilograms divided by the square of the height in meters) was 37.9. At week 26, the mean change from baseline in body weight ranged from -8.6% to -12.6% across the orforglipron dose cohorts and was -2.0% in the placebo group. At week 36, the mean change ranged from -9.4% to -14.7% with orforglipron and was -2.3% with placebo. A weight reduction of at least 10% by week 36 occurred in 46 to 75% of the participants who received orforglipron, as compared with 9% who received placebo. The use of orforglipron led to improvement in all prespecified weight-related and cardiometabolic measures. The most common adverse events reported with orforglipron were gastrointestinal events, which were mild to moderate, occurred primarily during dose escalation, and led to discontinuation of orforglipron in 10 to 17% of participants across dose cohorts. The safety profile of orforglipron was consistent with that of the GLP-1 receptor agonist class.

Conclusions: Daily oral orforglipron, a nonpeptide GLP-1 receptor agonist, was associated with weight reduction. Adverse events reported with orforglipron were similar to those with injectable GLP-1 receptor agonists.
Good stuff

reposting this one with some corrections. please let me know

Here is my type up for dosing instructions for UGL vials as of 6/21

Would be nice to have input for any changes

There may be hyperlinks for studies/recommendations for meds. I am not recommending or endorsing any particular source. this is just to help other users.

I have used this on 20+ users. 12+ of them were women.

Brand name for the main GLP Agonists we use are Mounjaro(Tirzepatide) and Ozempic/Wegovy(Semaglutide)

Contraindications

• Family History of Thyroid Cancer
  • Neuroendocrine tumors
  • Caution with history of pancreatitis
  • Poor Kidney Function

Ancillaries to have on hand:

Famotidine - every 12 hours Acid reflux control. https://a.co/d/hdZowI8 (Amazon Brand). Costco also has this for dirt cheap.

I do not advise Proton pump inhibitors AKA PPI (omeprazole, lanosprozole, pantoprozole) as medical data shows us some of the long term issues… Also drug to drug interactions.

Pepto-Bismol- great for sulfur(egg) burps. Might make stool black, if it turns black, it does not mean you have internal bleeding.

Tums - Short term acid reflux control. I prefer https://a.co/d/hxZcPOf (this formulation) of it. Costco brand one gives me a metallic taste I do not like.

Simethicone - great for gas pain/ clearance. little to no toxicity profile. You really cannot OD on this. https://a.co/d/bwM0ZAk (Amazon Brand)

Ondansetron (Zofran) - Antinausea. This is something I have been able to get a hold of. A few sources here do have it. Other option is Reglan.

Metformin has been shown to help boost the effects of the weight loss. Unsure of how to incorporate this in. Maybe when the drug stalls out or to make smaller doses more effective. (from Ttran1485).

I prefer the XR version of Metformin. its a little bit more expensive(But it is still dirt cheap)

Addition of metformin to exogenous glucagon-like peptide-1 results in increased serum glucagon-like peptide-1 concentrations and greater glucose lowering in type 2 diabetes mellitus

To my current knowledge, there are no dosing instructions in adding metformin to your regimen.

If you are going to add Metformin. I would advise to NOT ADD IT the same week as starting or a dose increase. I would add it on a subsequent week that you are not experiencing symptoms.

For example. You escalated at week 9. Do not add metformin this week, if you are at week 10 and still experiencing low appetite. Then it may be best to wait until week 11.

Laxatives- Keep MiraLAX, senna, or bisacodyl on hand.
General sides with GLP Agonists
-Heart burn
-Constipation
-Nausea
-Vomiting(If you dose escalate too fast, follow the instructions)
-Fatigue(unsure if it’s the calorie deficit causing this)

Some little tips:
This is great to combine for BG control for HGH.
Increase hydration to promote bowel movements
Keep a laxative on hand to make sure you do not get backed up.

Dosing
Jano has done a stability test on the semaglutide and no degradation after 2 weeks out of the fridge from QSC vials. I am assuming this applies to all generic. Click here for Jano degradation trial

You do not need to increase the dose if you are unable to tolerate the sides or if the appetite suppression is adequate.

weight loss has been shown to stall around 4 months. Might be ideal to titrate off and take a break for 3-4 months. Or could try to incorporate metformin to make it stronger.

One other alternative to dosing is to dose every 3-5 days(use inject half of target weekly dose). This can help maintain peak drug concentrations. You can also create more subtle increases and titrate on the way you feel. I have done every 4 days by cutting the weekly dose in half. Keeps things more stable including the drop of appetite.

Ozempic(Semaglutide) dosing brochure. Click here

OZEMPIC DOSING INSTRUCTIONS: Place 1ML BAC in 2MG Vial or 2 ML in the 4mg vial
0.25mg4 weeks13 units
0.5mg4 weeks25 units
1mg4 weeks/ maintenance50 units
1.5mg4 weeks75 units
2mg4 weeks100 units
2.4mg4 weeks120 units/1.2ml

Semaglutide: My preferred dosing is used with 0.5ML of BAC in a 2mg vial or 1 ml of BAC in 4mg Vial this is what I have used on other people
0.6mg4 weeks15 units
1mg4 weeks25 units
1.4 mg4 weeks/maintenance35 units
1.8mg4 weeks45 units
2.2mg4 weeks55 units
2.4mgongoing60 units

http://xn--https-nw3b/uspl.lilly.com/mounjaro/mounjaro.html?s=pi%27 (Mounjaro(Tirzepatide) dosing brochure. Click here)
Tirzepatide. I would advise to stop when you hit 10mg a week and take a break for 3 months. Place 1ML of BAC in the vial
2.5mg4 weeks25 units
5mg4 weeks*maintennace50 units
7.5mg4 weeks75 units
10mg4 weeks100 units
12.5mg4 weeks12.5 units
15mg4 weeks/ongoing150 units/1.2ml
This was great info. I’m on tirzepatide and starting 5mg on my next dose. I’ve heard of people adding Semaglutide. Do you have any info on what dose to start and at what part of the tirz cycle?

This was great info. I’m on tirzepatide and starting 5mg on my next dose. I’ve heard of people adding Semaglutide. Do you have any info on what dose to start and at what part of the tirz cycle?
There is no reason to add it imo. I don't think there is a point of combining both drugs, some feel otherwise.

It's wasn't studied that way and you are adding 2 drops of the same/similar class.

People just keep throwing more weight loss peptides with little to zero finesse

What's the point?

There is no reason to add it imo. I don't think there is a point of combining both drugs, some feel otherwise.

It's wasn't studied that way and you are adding 2 drops of the same/similar class.

People just keep throwing more weight loss peptides with little to zero finesse

What's the point?
People who I’ve seen talk about doing it say the glp-1 in tirz is half as potent as sema.

Redditors
my point.

no studies, no scientific documentation to say its half as strong. nor are there any safety trials.

To me, its just like combining an ARB with an ARB+loop diuretic combo.

The studies already said most of the tirzepatide trials were better than max dose of Semaglutide. Why keep stacking drugs, if you cant lose weight on 5mg or even 15mg of Tirzepatide, then its probably on the user.

you can go ahead and combined them. @HB_22 does