Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

Yeah even less Sema than that gave me stomach aches, no reason to use it for cutting when Tirz is cheap and gives me no sides

Wife and i have the same issue - no issue with Tirz
I didn’t have stomach issues with sema. I just felt a little nausea but when I did, I would just eat something small and it would go away.
Switched to tirz, (I’m at the lowest dose), and all I’m having is stomach issues. First couple of days I had bad pains across my stomach. After that it’s been gas, constipation, lower stomach has been sore, and most of the time it feels like someone is inside my lower stomach knocking on the wall of it.

First of all, great job, you look completely different.

Second, and serious question, what exactly is a blended chicken breast shake? I hope it's not what it sounds like but if so, that's wicked dedication and I'd be curioubto know your recipe so you could get it down the hatch
It’s as it sounds.

Shredded Chicken breast blended in chicken broth

I think its important to chew your food.. digest it better(enzymatic break down pre entering acid, trigger release of chemicals in your stomach aswell) absorb more protein nutrients and helps keep u fuller helps sinuses teeth etc... dont think u save any time blending chicken breast when have to clean the blender etc.. BUT you do u..

IMO since most of us get most of our protein from meat, multi source plant based proteins add some new ratios of aminos may be missing in these poorly fed chickens.. esp if take with some probiotics and enzymes with a greens mix really absorb nutrients better and at least for me can tell nails get harder.

for me its like analogy with plants. u can grow great looking plants with just hitting MACROS and minor micros with synthetic fertilizer. but when give plants aminos, probiotics (and get rid of synthetic chelators esp) and MULTI sources of macro and micro your plants grow just as nice but enhanced minerals, enzymes, antioxidants in end product and have resistance to pests. (many of the health benefits of certain plants come from there "immune system" that deters pests). heck in holland they use aminos for hydroponic tomato and they taste 5x better than American greenhouse tomatoes that are 100% synthetic chelators. even farmers market grow BS tomatoes.. anyway, point is moderation and multi sources is key for overall health vs JUST chicken with no skin/fat.

Yes I am t2d but I’ve taken breaks from it myself just to let my body have a chance to recuperate from cutting. This also allows your body to reset and when you start back up you start back over at lower doses and titrate up again saving you money and a chance to be at maintenance for a little while. I’ve never been above 7.5mg weekly on tirz and in the clinical studies 10mg was the optimal weight loss dose so I could’ve maybe seen more weight loss than I did possibly. I split my dose and take half dose 2 times a week. When I started I was at the heaviest I’d ever been in my life at 305 lbs at 6’3”. I’m currently a lean 215 after 16 months total time but I’ve only been on tirz for 9 months off and on.
Typically how long were your breaks?

Got a question for those who've switched from high-dose Semaglutide (2.4 mg/week) to Tirzepatide.

What's a sensible starting dose for Tirzepatide in this scenario if you're already used to this high dose of GLP-1 receptor agonists?

Typically how long were your breaks?
6 weeks the first time. This last time it was 12 weeks

Got a question for those who've switched from high-dose Semaglutide (2.4 mg/week) to Tirzepatide.

What's a sensible starting dose for Tirzepatide in this scenario if you're already used to this high dose of GLP-1 receptor agonists?
I never went higher than 1mg a week on sema then switched to tirz at the lowest dose 2.5mg.

It's a different med. Start at the lowest dose of 2.5. I had no stomach issues on Sema, but when I switched to Tirz I'm having stomach issues.

It's a different med. Start at the lowest dose of 2.5. I had no stomach issues on Sema, but when I switched to Tirz I'm having stomach issues.
This is complete opposite for most people including me. I’m up to 7.5mg again on tirz with zero side effects but 1mg a week of sema gave me awful stomach and gastro problems.

Adding to anecdotal knowledge about tirz. Worked up to 7.5mg per week. At 2.5 mg acid reflux was an issue and needed 10mg famotidine 2x a day. At 7.5mg 20mg 2x a day. This was the only bothersome side effect.

Hunger suppression was fierce and very noticable for the first 3 weeks or so. The suppression was there through the entire 14ish week run but I think I became accustomed to it so didn't notice as much. Very effective.

I have cut weight many many times and at the normal point in body fat depletion where I become ravenous I breezed through easily. There were times when I had to make myself eat more for a day or two to keep my energy levels up.

Digestion slowed and bowel movements were half as frequent.

I stopped cold turkey and braced for the rebound hunger I have read about. My hunger crept back up to normal but was a non issue. I don't think I experienced a rebound effect, just a tapering off of the drug back to baseline.

I was very happy with the effects and think I will stick to 8 to 10ish week runs in the future. For me it will be best used deeper into a cut to cruise past when cutting becomes a serious punishing grind and to sustain a lower body fat for a desired period.

I also started a light run of GH at 2.2iu daily at about 6 weeks and it seemed to help the cutting process. Not sure if that was just placebo effect, or maybe the GH helping with aesthetics, but it seemed to help the process.

Cheers

This is complete opposite for most people including me. I’m up to 7.5mg again on tirz with zero side effects but 1mg a week of sema gave me awful stomach and gastro problems.
I don’t follow the crowd. I march to the beat of my own drum. LOL
I’m having those awful stomach and gastro problems with the Tirz at 2.5mg. I have seen a lot of people having constipation issues with the it. I’m trying to stick with it and figure it out right now.

I'm on 0.25mg ozempic and 500mg metforming right now.
Will be receiving my Tirzepatide this week.

What's the best thing to do?
Go on 2.5 mg Tirzepatide?
And drop semaglutide and metformin?

Does anyone notice their mood gets a bit flat on these GLP-1's

Noticed it this summer when on Semaglutide.
It's if that bit of dopamine gets taken away.
Semaglutide definitely did that to me. Mentally and physically tired made going to the gym very difficult feeling exhausted and weak almost the entire time I was using it.
Tirzepatide I feel great on

Semaglutide definitely did that to me. Mentally and physically tired made going to the gym very difficult feeling exhausted and weak almost the entire time I was using it.
Tirzepatide I feel great on
Well exactly this. Life just gets tough hahahha.
Just made the switch to Tirz yesterday but to early to tell If I will feel better on this.