Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

Boys - for yall in the US:
I want to remind yall if you go through a health provider such as Alpha, Push, any teledoctors, you can get Mounjaro(Tirzepatide) for $25 a mo with the manufacturer coupon. Not sure if you need a pre-existing insurance.

I got my partner on Mounjaro and I'm paying $20~ a mo for the "visitation" fee to refill plus the $25 Mounjaro.

Way cheaper than ordering from any of us on here on the boards. Just looking out for some of yall tryna spend $400+ on some generic stuff/smuggled stuff while its right there for you.
Yep - you do need insurance and specifically private insurance. Govt insurance won't work. I've been on it since June and I'm down about 40 pounds. About to get the 12.5mg in a couple days.

I would surmise that females or obese people probably have a much easier time getting a GLP-1 agonist prescribed rather than me showing up at 200lbs with a very lean physique and perfect bloods trying to get a script for diabetes medication :rolleyes:

I would surmise that females or obese people probably have a much easier time getting a GLP-1 agonist prescribed rather than me showing up at 200lbs with a very lean physique and perfect bloods trying to get a script for diabetes medication :rolleyes:
anyone can get it... just go through Push Health or Hello Alpha or similar online services.

My man, you probably fall into the aforementioned category, you literally just claimed that you lost 40 lbs in a few months time... I'm over here glad if I can maintain my lbm whilst cutting 5 lbs in that time
All they look at is an ID. They’re online services. I was 200+ lbs and about 12-13% when I got my script through Alpha. They only see your face.

Unfortunately I have VA insurance so I wasn’t eligible for the coupon after wasting $30 for the script and eval. So I chose QSC.

My man, you probably fall into the aforementioned category, you literally just claimed that you lost 40 lbs in a few months time... I'm over here glad if I can maintain my lbm whilst cutting 5 lbs in that time
Maybe you should learn and listen instead of disputing good info next time?

Find Randy Moss on Push Health... he'll give it to you if you want it.

Maybe you should learn and listen instead of disputing good info next time?

Find Randy Moss on Push Health... he'll give it to you if you want it.
Fair enough, what I said was discourteous. I am fortunate enough that Canadian labs started to stock sample tested Semaglutide however I have tried to get a script for it and although I'm in Canada, I was quickly shot down.

I'll contribute a bit to the topic of the thread, Tirzepatide has worked better for me at a much lower dose and with less side effects than both Saxenda (Liraglutide) and Ozempic (Semaglutide). In my experience, the Liraglutide started off well however it seemed that I quickly built a tolerance to it. It is also worth noting that I have not used any one specific GLP-1 agonist for more than 3 months.

What's your background? You don't have to say, but I see you have VA insurance, so I have some guesses.
I actually run a home service business now. But I spent 8 years in a pretty cool DHS job. Had I stayed I would have been able to retire a couple years ago. But getting out seemed like the right decision at the time due to the existential issues the
ex-wife and I had going on at the time.

I actually run a home service business now. But I spent 8 years in a pretty cool DHS job. Had I stayed I would have been able to retire a couple years ago. But getting out seemed like the right decision at the time due to the existential issues the
ex-wife and I had going on at the time.
Thanks for the explanation. I wouldn't be regretful. You're probably better off having NOT stayed in. Depending on which years, especially 2008 and after, things started turning toxic in most government jobs. Low morale and toxic leadership isn't worth sticking it out. Not saying that's what you experienced, but it's something you may have experienced if you would have stayed in. It's good to have government insurance as a result, even if it isn't perfect, it can be pretty generous in other areas.

Thanks for the explanation. I wouldn't be regretful. You're probably better off having NOT stayed in. Depending on which years, especially 2008 and after, things started turning toxic in most government jobs. Low morale and toxic leadership isn't worth sticking it out. Not saying that's what you experienced, but it's something you may have experienced if you would have stayed in. It's good to have government insurance as a result, even if it isn't perfect, it can be pretty generous in other areas.
You’re right about that but unfortunately I got out December of 2008. The other government job I had lined up fell apart and the housing market collapsed so we couldn’t sell our house to move for work! It was a challenging time but believe everything worked out how it was supposed to. Pretty sure I wouldn’t have been able to move back to my beloved homeland had I ended up staying in. So that’s a plus.

Has anyone had any kind of hormonal issues while taking semaglutide? My wife has been on it for around 1.5 months and is noticing some hormonal changes. She is having hot flashes, trouble sleeping, instant mood swings, and some anxiety. Everything other than the semaglutide is the same. I’m not pushing out some kind of premenopausal issues (she’s 40), but wanted to just check in here before a doctor trip. Thanks for any responses.

Has anyone had any kind of hormonal issues while taking semaglutide? My wife has been on it for around 1.5 months and is noticing some hormonal changes. She is having hot flashes, trouble sleeping, instant mood swings, and some anxiety. Everything other than the semaglutide is the same. I’m not pushing out some kind of premenopausal issues (she’s 40), but wanted to just check in here before a doctor trip. Thanks for any responses.
Wouldn't surprise me. Watching the FB groups for Ozempic and Mounjaro 95% of the people with side effects seem to be women.

My wife has had some on Mounjaro, but she was unsure if it was the Mounjaro or other things.

Lowered libido definitely. Happened to a friend of a friend too