Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

I haven't seen too much of combining semaglutide and lantus in T2DM.

I would say start slow though.

You can find a few of these studies if you just type “GLP-1 and basal insulin” in google. Lots of info but not directed at the bodybuilder pop

Was looking to use semaglutide while on vacation to control my hunger while eating off plan on my massing phase. Running lantus as a basal insulin at 15iu’s daily just to keep BG down while on higher calories

You can find a few of these studies if you just type “GLP-1 and basal insulin” in google. Lots of info but not directed at the bodybuilder pop

Was looking to use semaglutide while on vacation to control my hunger while eating off plan on my massing phase. Running lantus as a basal insulin at 15iu’s daily just to keep BG down while on higher calories
I guess I haven't seen this in practice with a dm2 patient

semaglutide is good enough to control BG tbh.
If its good enough with actual diabetes. shouldnt be necessary for you.

why not just bring a blood sugar monitor to see if it is even necessary?

Last edited:
I guess I haven't seen this in practice with a dm2 patient

semaglutide is good enough to control BG tbh.
If its good enough with actual diabetes. shouldnt be necessary for you.

why not just bring a blood sugar monitor to see if it is even necessary?
Using sema for the appetite control honestly. Lantus already keeps my bg around 85 so I’m not looking for the BG control from sema, just the appetite suppression. Wondering if this is even worth it and I wouldn’t be better off with bringing ephedra instead

Using sema for the appetite control honestly. Lantus already keeps my bg around 85 so I’m not looking for the BG control from sema, just the appetite suppression. Wondering if this is even worth it and I wouldn’t be better off with bringing ephedra instead
I understand that. But the primary function of it is blood sugar control by increased insulin secretion. Your body autoregulates with lantus/semaglutide to keep your BG in a healthy range.

Would your BG still be in a controlled range of 70-100 on semaglutide alone? Most likely.

Last edited:
use slin pins, 30g/0,5 or even 0,3ml
bd medical is the brand i use.
For you as a beginner, i would use 1ml for the 2mg vials and inject 0,1ml = 0,2mg subq in your lower abdomen.
yes, i store all my peptides etc. in the fridge, esp when reconstituted..

Thanks for this. I will be going on sema once it arrives from QSC.

I am currently on 200mg a week of test-c m/w/f injected in the morning.

What would the ratio be for the 4mg vials?
Please let me know if the below is correct:
2ml / 4mg - inject 0.1ml = 0.2mg

Do you recommend injections at the same time as the test and which day?

Anyone else gone from terzepetide to semaglutide? Was previously running 5mg terzepetide but wanted to try semag … first week and I’ve injected 0.5mg and 1mg on two occasions and I’m still hungry all the time ?? I couldn’t even look at food on terzepetide !!

2. week on semaglutide (ozempic) 0.5mg/week and 12 lbs lost.
Stuff works like magic

No side effects, only feel sleepy all day but i think that’s normal.

Also have 3x 18mg pens liraglutide (saxenda) on hand. I will try it when my sema is empty

Said it somewhere else here before and I can only repeat myself, if someone is looking mostly for weight loss and less for bg control then stick to Saxenda (liraglutide). I had much better appetite control with saxenda than with Semaglutide or Tirzepatide. Also sides of liraglutide were strong as fuck.

Imho from my experience sema and tirz work much better for blood glucose control and liraglutide better for weight loss.
What's led you to that conclusion?

Also, what's the latest in the day that you've personally used liraglutide? Did you ever experiment with using it around 10am-noon? Wondering if using it that way would have more effect on blunting appetite at night.

Anyone else gone from terzepetide to semaglutide? Was previously running 5mg terzepetide but wanted to try semag … first week and I’ve injected 0.5mg and 1mg on two occasions and I’m still hungry all the time ?? I couldn’t even look at food on terzepetide !!
Same experience for me. I went the other way though. Now sema does 0 for me

What's led you to that conclusion?
My own experience.

Also, what's the latest in the day that you've personally used liraglutide? Did you ever experiment with using it around 10am-noon? Wondering if using it that way would have more effect on blunting appetite at night.
I always took it right after waking up in the morning. I honestly don’t see the point in blunting appetite at night?

Wasn't calling you out or trying to be argumentative lol. I was asking what your personal experience with the separate drugs has been. I rarely read accounts from guys that have used both the short and long acting versions. Sorry for being unclear.
No it's fine. I think I have to correct that post of mine (the one you quoted before) a little. If I had to make a list, I would put them in the following order.

From strongest to weakest appetite suppressor:
1.) Liraglutide / Tirzepatide (kinda equal here)
2.) Semaglutide

From least to most side effects:
1.) Tirzepatide
2.) Semaglutide
3.) Liraglutide

As we know appetite suppression is a side effect of these drugs and I personally can say that liraglutide does have the worst side effect profile of them all, so it kinda makes sense that it does have a very strong effect on appetite suppression. While I only had really annoying episdoes of acid burps with semaglutide and tirzepatide but nothing else, it was completely different with liraglutide. It gave me a shitload of sides, like increased rhr by +5-10 beats and also irregular beats, I had an insane lethargic feeling, had low energy levels to the point where I only left the couch to train and that was it because I couldn’t fucking move lol. I also had a vomitting feeling on liraglutide and tirzepatide, but not with semaglutide. Another fun fact is that both sema and tirzepatide gave me this annoying and nasty acid reflux but liraglutide that gave me all kind of sides somehow did not. Anyway, this is my personal experience and can differ from person to person. If one is asking me what the most applicable drug for the majority of people looking for weight loss is then it is for sure tirzepatide, as it does have a similiar appetite suppression but the overall tolerability profile is much better.

Another thing to consider is the price. It's really hard to beat semaglutide. Even dosing it at 2mg / week it is still cheaper than liraglutide or tirzepatide. And it will very likely give impressive results for the least costs.

Last edited:
After getting cut off by Walgreens, managed to get my Mounjaro through Pillpack (online pharmacy, owned by Amazon) with no issues if anyone else has trouble. Overnighted it to me.