Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

Thankyou. I just ordered some a week back for my wife. Would you half .25mg for a woman not on gear. Shes about 150pounds not on gear and can bench 350 pounds for 8 reps. Just a weeee little thing she is.

Are you kidding? If not, she's STRONG.

Give her .25mg to start. I think it's a great starting dose for men and women equally.

I wouldn’t say I want to up the dose, but I’d read that’s how many people go at it, so wanted an idea of how long a kit will last so I know if I should order one or two.

Seems 1 will definitely be fine.

Was .25 with pharma or UG? I’ve seen plenty of people saying QDs definitely isn’t as strong as pharma and 0.5 is a good starting point.
I used only used Ozempic, and I've heard the same thing, but some of these guys always dose high. I'd start at .25mg either way. If you don't notice anything in a few days, do another .25mg. And then start your next full week at .50 if you want. I think it just depends on your goals. If you want to just knock out hunger and excessive eating, .25mg works but if you go higher, it works better, but it's not magically better in the sense that you may not feel much of a difference when you go up in dose. But you will get hungry when you go back down in dose.

Tolerance happens (hopefully it's reversible). So take your time unless you need your goals accomplished ASAP.

Well I am one of them who started low but ramped up the dose very quickly. But to be fair, I were on GLP-1s some time before starting Ozempic/Semaglutide and I felt like there is a high tolerance already, so that probably explains why I ramped up the dose from 0.5mg in week 1 to 1mg in week 3.

But I would not advise anyone to do that if he doesn’t have built up some GLP-1 tolerance before. When I started with Liraglutide (once daily) there is the recommendation from the manufacturer to start with 0.6mg per day for the first week. I started with 0.3mg and it still crushed me to death, I had severe sides, felt sleepy, some mild stomeache pain, weird stomeache feeling in general, had insane diarrhea the first couple days and no appetite at all. I barely had any energy and just didn’t feel good. I literally did nothing all day, just couldn't move or train. So that was from half of the dose that was advised by the manufacturer lol. Imagine what could have happened if I had started right away with the recommended 0.6mg.

Anyway, long story short, I wouldn't start higher than 0.25mg with Semaglutide.

Well I am one of them who started low but ramped up the dose very quickly. But to be fair, I were on GLP-1s some time before starting Ozempic/Semaglutide and I felt like there is a high tolerance already, so that probably explains why I ramped up the dose from 0.5mg in week 1 to 1mg in week 3.

But I would not advise anyone to do that if he doesn’t have built up some GLP-1 tolerance before. When I started with Liraglutide (once daily) there is the recommendation from the manufacturer to start with 0.6mg per day for the first week. I started with 0.3mg and it still crushed me to death, I had severe sides, felt sleepy, some mild stomeache pain, weird stomeache feeling in general, had insane diarrhea the first couple days and no appetite at all. I barely had any energy and just didn’t feel good. I literally did nothing all day, just couldn't move or train. So that was from half of the dose that was advised by the manufacturer lol. Imagine what could have happened if I had started right away with the recommended 0.6mg.

Anyway, long story short, I wouldn't start higher than 0.25mg with Semaglutide.
At what dose of sema are you now?

I'm on qsc 2mg semaglutide on my second week doing .2 MG once a week so far and feel completely normal except appetite is definitely suppressed some. I can still eat but I'm not getting hunger pains like I was before.
Also I've take half a trulicity pen before and it made me sick as fuck for over a week so that's why I started low with this and will slowly ramp up. So far I'm very happy with semaglutide.

At what dose of sema are you now?
1mg/week right now. But I inject twice weekly, so I split it up into 2x 0.5mg shots. It feels better to split it up than doing it all at once. But I guess thats very individual.

Also I've take half a trulicity pen before and it made me sick as fuck for over a week
That's how I felt when I started with half the recommend dose of Liraglutide (Saxenda).

I'm a firm believer in just following the dosing directions of the manufacturer. It seems to work the best. I have lost 31 lb with the doses recommended in the instructions.....0.25mg a month....0.5 mg a month....1mg a month. That's what I did to lose 31 lb and now I'm just kind of maintaining. I have not went over the 1 mg but soon I may have to bump it up to 2 mg I don't think I will go much higher than that. I think the slow escalation is key to losing weight. I mean there's a reason they tell you to dose it that way in the instructions.

I'm a firm believer in just following the dosing directions of the manufacturer. It seems to work the best. I have lost 31 lb with the doses recommended in the instructions.....0.25mg a month....0.5 mg a month....1mg a month. That's what I did to lose 31 lb and now I'm just kind of maintaining. I have not went over the 1 mg but soon I may have to bump it up to 2 mg I don't think I will go much higher than that. I think the slow escalation is key to losing weight. I mean there's a reason they tell you to dose it that way in the instructions.
If one had used other GLP-1s before the tolerance will be high and starting with 0.25mg won’t give any effect at all.

Loss of appetite. But I’m running my third-fourth week and the appetite is coming back. So I’m going to see how it goes with that.
Correct me if I am wrong, but that is not the mechanism of action. Apettite loss is rather one of the consequences.
What GLP1 agonists do is actually signalling the fed state. Your body continuously receives a signal that it is fed and not starving.
This results in elevated insuline, which diverts excess blood glucose into muscle, rather than into fat storage.
Also, there is no metabolic slowdown in response to calorie restriction, which would normally happen after few days of low calories.
Lastly, there is a speculated increase in insulin sensitivity, that is either upregulation of insuling receptors or increase in their efficiency.
Appetite supression is the after effect of all of the above.

Quick update:

4th week with Ozempic I think, started with 0.5mg the first week, 0.75mg the 2nd and 1mg for week 3/4.

It's stunning that even tho have I still great appetite, the blood glucose control effect of Semaglutide is crazy. I woke up this morning and checked my fasting bg levels which I usually do 3-4 times a week. It was 69. That's crazy. I dont feel hypo or anything, just had some craving for food.

I cant remember ever having bg levels of 80 or below since I started with weight lifting. This is amazing.

The only weird thing it seems is that everyone seems to get the hunger suppression but not me. Even at 1mg weekly I feel a lot of hunger during the day. I know I am dieting and so my calories are reduced but I thought Ozempic would at least help with that like Liraglutide did. Really weird. Maybe someone can help me out and explain why?

As of right now, I dont feel like going any higher. I was actually planning to add 2,5mg of Tirzepatide this week, but since my morning blood glucose is that low, I believe increasing the dose any higher might not give any more benefits. I also dont want to go hypo during the day.

I’m done dosing during the day. Just 500mcg makes me feel horrendous about 4-5 hours after injection. Makes me feel weird and I’ve thrown up a few times on injection day. So I’m going to try it at night before bed next week. Just finished my 2nd x 500mcg. Basically I’m on week 3 after starting with 250mcg one week followed by 500mcg the week after. Really hope it gets better because I love not being starving 24/7 from the stuff.

I’m done dosing during the day. Just 500mcg makes me feel horrendous about 4-5 hours after injection. Makes me feel weird and I’ve thrown up a few times on injection day. So I’m going to try it at night before bed next week. Just finished my 2nd x 500mcg. Basically I’m on week 3 after starting with 250mcg one week followed by 500mcg the week after. Really hope it gets better because I love not being starving 24/7 from the stuff.
You should lower the dose. That kind of nausea is a sign you are overdosing. The nausea will go away or get better, but it takes time.

You should lower the dose. That kind of nausea is a sign you are overdosing. The nausea will go away or get better, but it takes time.
I started with 250 and got no appetite suppression really. It wasn’t until I went up. Plus, and I know this is sketchy, I was going off the premise that my sema was a little underdosed. Only because I heard others say that.

but I took my dose around noon yesterday and felt like garbage until about 8-9pm