Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

I know someone earlier in this thread (@Yosyr) was combining tirzep with sema, kinda using the sema as a “topper offer” to finish each week. Anyone else doing this, or think it’s a good or bad idea for any reason?
I’m on my 8th week of TIRZEPATIDE and Semaglutide 2.5mg/.50mg each, since I started Tirze my glucose it’s been below 90, something I never achieved w Sema alone, also I reached my body weight goal of 12 lbs, 2 weeks ago, my body weight is stable, I don’t gain or loose and I’m not planning to up doses cuz this is the sweet spot for me, 8 weeks on this combo and I only get hungry toward the last 2 days of the week before injecting, but I’m still getting full quick, I don’t eat like I used to, for people saying that this won’t work after certain time, I doubt that’s my case, I started Semaglutide only on January with and started mixing it w Tirze 8 weeks ago, still is very effective at the low dose, maybe when people loose most pf the fat they need, might work different, this is my case, I’m sure everyone is different

Here is my type up for dosing instructions for UGL vials as of 4/11

Would be nice to have input for any changes

There may be hyperlinks for studies/recommendations for meds. I am not recommending or endorsing any particular source. this is just to help other users.

I have used this on 14 users. 8 of them were women.

Brand name for the main GLP Agonists we use

Ancillaries to have on hand:

Famotidine - every 12 hours Acid reflux control. https://a.co/d/hdZowI8 (Amazon Brand). Costco also has this for dirt cheap.

I do not advise Proton pump inhibitors(omeprazole, lanosprozole, pantoprozole) as medical data shows us some of the long term issues… Also drug to drug interactions.

Pepto-Bismol- great for sulfur(egg) burps. Might make stool black, if it turns black, it does not mean you have internal bleeding.

Tums - Short term acid reflux control. I prefer https://a.co/d/hxZcPOf (this formulation) of it. Costco brand one gives me a metallic taste I do not like.

Simethicone - great for gas pain/ clearance. little to no toxicity profile. You really cannot OD on this. https://a.co/d/bwM0ZAk (Amazon Brand)

Ondansetron(Zofran) - Antinausea. This is something I have been able to get a hold of. A few sources here do have it. Other option is Reglan.

Metformin has been shown to help boost the effects of the weight loss. Unsure of how to incorporate this in. Maybe when the drug stalls out or to make smaller doses more effective. (from Ttran1485).

I prefer the XR version of Metformin. its a little bit more expensive(But it is still dirt cheap)

Addition of metformin to exogenous glucagon-like peptide-1 results in increased serum glucagon-like peptide-1 concentrations and greater glucose lowering in type 2 diabetes mellitus

Laxatives- Keep MiraLAX, senna, or bisacodyl on hand.
General sides with Semaglutide
-Heart burn
-Constipation
-Nausea
-Vomiting(If you dose escalate too fast, follow the instructions)
-Fatigue(unsure if it’s the calorie deficit causing this)

Some little tips:
This is great to combine for BG control for HGH.
Increase hydration to promote bowel movements
Keep a laxative on hand to make sure you do not get backed up.

Dosing
Jano has done a stability test on the semaglutide and no degradation after 2 weeks out of the fridge from QSC vials. I am assuming this applies to all generic. Click here for Jano degradation trial

You do not need to increase the dose if you are unable to tolerate the sides or if the appetite suppression is adequate.

weight loss has been shown to stall around 4 months. Might be ideal to titrate off and take a break for 3-4 months. Or could try to incorporate metformin to make it stronger.

One other alternative to dosing is to dose every 3-5 days(use inject half of target weekly dose). This can help maintain peak drug concentrations. You can also create more subtle increases and titrate on the way you feel. I have done every 4 days by cutting the weekly dose in half. Keeps things more stable including the drop of appetite.

Ozempic(Semaglutide) dosing brochure. Click here

OZEMPIC DOSING INSTRUCTIONS: Place 1ML in 2MG Vial or 2 ML in the 4mg vial
Weekly Total DoseDurationVolume on Syringe
0.25mg4 weeks13 units
0.5mg4 weeks25 units
1mg4 weeks/ maintenance50 units
1.5mg4 weeks75 units
2mg4 weeks100 units
2.4mg4 weeks120 units/1.2ml

Semaglutide: My preferred dosing is used with 1ML in a 2mg vial or 2 ml in 4mg Vial this is what I have used on other people
0.4mg4 weeks20 units
0.6mg4 weeks30 units
1mg4 weeks/maintenance50 units
1.5mg4 weeks76 units
2mg4 weeks100 units
2.4mg4 weeks120 units/1.2ml

http://xn--https-nw3b/uspl.lilly.com/mounjaro/mounjaro.html?s=pi%27 (Mounjaro(Tirzepatide) dosing brochure. Click here)

Tirzepatide. I would advise to stop when you hit 10mg a week and take a break for 3 months
2.5mg4 weeks20 units
5mg4 weeks*maintennace30 units
7.5mg4 weeks50 units
10mg4 weeks76 units
12.5mg4 weeks100 units
15mg4 weeks/ongoing120 units/1.2ml
@Flex22 please see the instructions

Okay but if you had one meal every two days for the next six months surely you would become malnourished ?? So that is my concern.
That most likely would be the case. Perhaps not malnourished in the scientific sense but it would not be a good thing. Fortunately that has not been an everyday experience for me so far, it's mostly that when busy and food isn't convenient, it is really easy to not eat much since my body and brain aren't registering much hunger.

Has anyone had their sleep change while on Tirzepatide?
I have been sleeping less - which is good, because I used to be able to sleep as much as 12 hours at a time. I think this drug could have more systemic effects than people realize. The hunger hormones and insulin system are related to circadian rhythms.

I have been sleeping less - which is good, because I used to be able to sleep as much as 12 hours at a time. I think this drug could have more systemic effects than people realize. The hunger hormones and insulin system are related to circadian rhythms.
Yes, there are lots of reports on Reddit about semiglutide and tirzepatide negatively affecting sleep. I have experience this also myself, although I don’t feel tired during the day, it’s like my body just needs less sleep now. You are correct hunger and insulin are closely tied to sleep.

Definitely a change in my sleep patterns. Now 7 months on Tirz. My body feels more rested with less sleep. I think the disappearance of all body inflammation helps me get deeper sleep for longer.

My only minimal side effect is the evening of my weekly shot. I take it on Sunday afternoons and almost always wake up about 2 hours before my weekday alarm. I still feel fully rested, but wake up early and cannot go back to sleep. This only happens the morning after my weekly injection.

i took sema and mounj both on and off over the past year, mostly from QSC. For me I developed a significant tolerance at about 100 days in (but good weight loss). I ramped up sema to 3mg/week and tirz to 15/wk. My advice is: expect to have to continue to ramp dosage up with ever diminishing returns. For everyone that amount will be different.

Now, if you’re here looking for specific advice, please remember although this drug has been tested, It is only been tested up to the specified amounts and even then the studies only went out approximately a year. The semiglutide study showed a slight increase in weight after the 52 week mark suggesting the drug had worn off completely at 2.4/mg week. I’m actually surprised that in the mass media, there hasn’t been more reporting about the rebound effects, and especially the fact that the drug just simply doesn’t work very well anymore after someone being on it for several months.

in five years, I don’t think you’ll hear anything more about these drugs. We Will all be onto the next weight loss drug.

Remember, all these drugs will affect people in different ways. You really need to just do experimenting on yourself to see how your body reacts and how much you need.
I've been on semaglutide 0.5mg/wk for over 3 months and it's still effective and I don't have any need to go up in dose as I've been losing over 1lb/week. Like others have mentioned, daily metformin does seem very synergistic - I went up to 1mg for one week but then after adding back in metformin realized I could go down to 0.5mg/wk again. Lots of psyllium husk capsules also helps a bit.

I think "chasing" rapid weight loss like 2+ lbs/wk with higher and higher doses is what does people in. Just look at those women in the Wegovy/Mounjaro subreddits... they start freaking out after their weight loss "stalls" and they're "only" losing 1lb/week instead of the "5lbs/week" or whatever miraculous results they experienced in the first month.

I think having patience with gradual weight loss and no getting "greedy" for rapid weight loss goes a long way in preventing tolerance/requiring massive doses. Just my opinion. And I realize people's bodies are different...

Are there any accelerated dose ramp-up protocols for second cycle of semaglutide for those who are insensitive to lower doses?

On my first cycle I felt it only once I reached 1mg/wk, but with standard protocol it took two months of lower doses to get there. Had close to none appetite suppression and no weight loss over these two months. Don't want to waste two months again.

You could split the dose into 3x a week, increasing dose until you feel loss of appetite. Then try that cumulative dose 2x a wk.
Or just start close to the dose you stopped at last time.
@Cridi887 probably has more experience helping ppl out with this scenario. Be best to see if he responds.

Are there any accelerated dose ramp-up protocols for second cycle of semaglutide for those who are insensitive to lower doses?

On my first cycle I felt it only once I reached 1mg/wk, but with standard protocol it took two months of lower doses to get there. Had close to none appetite suppression and no weight loss over these two months. Don't want to waste two months again.
I ramped up the lower doses in 2-3 week periods with no issues: .25 for 2 weeks, .5 for 2 weeks (.25 2x each week), .75 for 3 weeks (.25 dose and .5 dose). I'm 3 months in and hanging at 1.5 per week as long as possible, down 31 pounds (288 start, 257 current). I was also fortunate enough to obtain 3 pharma Ozempic pens and have been switching back and forth between that and QSC sema with no noticeable difference.

I ramped up the lower doses in 2-3 week periods with no issues: .25 for 2 weeks, .5 for 2 weeks (.25 2x each week), .75 for 3 weeks (.25 dose and .5 dose). I'm 3 months in and hanging at 1.5 per week as long as possible, down 31 pounds (288 start, 257 current). I was also fortunate enough to obtain 3 pharma Ozempic pens and have been switching back and forth between that and QSC sema with no noticeable difference.
That's still very slow. I'm thinking of doing it over 3wks 0.25-->0.5-->0.75, split into small EOD shots.