Hair Loss

Has anyone heard of using Botox for hairloss? There's a small study of 10 people, 8 of whom had good results (small sample, no control). They theorized that it would increase blood flow by relaxing scalp muscles.

I was told on another forum that this wouldn't work for hair loss that was due to AAS us which I believe is because the hairloss is hormonal rather than due to poor circulation but maybe this could help stimulate other follicles? Botox is pretty cheap, the bigger issue would be injecting it into 30 sites in the scalp but assuming that's no issue would there be any reason not to try this?

Introduction:
Androgenetic alopecia is a common form of alopecia with multifactorial etiology. Finasteride and minoxidil are approved by the FDA for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. Balding scalp is believed to have relative microvascular insufficiency. Blood vessels in the scalp travel through the intramuscular plane. Intramuscular injection of botulinum toxin relaxes muscles and thereby increases blood flow in balding scalp. We conducted a pilot study to evaluate the efficacy of botulinum toxin in androgenetic alopecia management.

Method:
The study was conducted in a tertiary care center. A total of 10 male patients with androgenetic alopecia meeting inclusion criteria of the study were included. In the scalp, 30 sites were injected with 5 U of botulinum toxin in each site. Preprocedure photograph taken and evaluation was done, which was repeated after 24 weeks. Efficacy was assessed by photography and self-assessment scoring was done by patients.

Results:
Of 10 patients, 8 had good to excellent response on photographic assessment. At the end of 24 weeks, 1 patient showed poor and 1 showed fair response to treatment. As per self-assessment, 7of 10 patients showed good to excellent response. Two patients had fair response and 1 patient showed poor response to treatment.

Has anyone heard of using Botox for hairloss? There's a small study of 10 people, 8 of whom had good results (small sample, no control). They theorized that it would increase blood flow by relaxing scalp muscles.

I was told on another forum that this wouldn't work for hair loss that was due to AAS us which I believe is because the hairloss is hormonal rather than due to poor circulation but maybe this could help stimulate other follicles? Botox is pretty cheap, the bigger issue would be injecting it into 30 sites in the scalp but assuming that's no issue would there be any reason not to try this?

Introduction:
Androgenetic alopecia is a common form of alopecia with multifactorial etiology. Finasteride and minoxidil are approved by the FDA for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. Balding scalp is believed to have relative microvascular insufficiency. Blood vessels in the scalp travel through the intramuscular plane. Intramuscular injection of botulinum toxin relaxes muscles and thereby increases blood flow in balding scalp. We conducted a pilot study to evaluate the efficacy of botulinum toxin in androgenetic alopecia management.

Method:
The study was conducted in a tertiary care center. A total of 10 male patients with androgenetic alopecia meeting inclusion criteria of the study were included. In the scalp, 30 sites were injected with 5 U of botulinum toxin in each site. Preprocedure photograph taken and evaluation was done, which was repeated after 24 weeks. Efficacy was assessed by photography and self-assessment scoring was done by patients.

Results:
Of 10 patients, 8 had good to excellent response on photographic assessment. At the end of 24 weeks, 1 patient showed poor and 1 showed fair response to treatment. As per self-assessment, 7of 10 patients showed good to excellent response. Two patients had fair response and 1 patient showed poor response to treatment.
Approximately 30 scalp injections...? No thanks!

Fair enough!

They are tiny injections with tiny needles and apparently Botox injected in the face doesn't hurt much at all, can't imagine the scalp is any worse.
Well maybe that’s not too bad. My hair is good currently but maybe someday.....

Any guys in here have any success with ru58841?
Been using RU for almost 2 months now. 5% solution = 1mL is 50mg

1mL twice daily in tandem with minoxidil 5%

My hair has effectively stopped falling out and I have noticed an increase in density. Obviously it is still early but my results so far have been promising.

Just wanted to say, DHT inhibitors don't actually protect you from hair loss with most AAS, because they only stop the conversion to DHT. Further, any androgen can bind to the androgen receptors at the scalp, and still cause hairloss, even test. And many AAS's actually impact the hairline even worse than DHT once they bind to the AR, despite not having converted to DHT.

RU58841 is amazing for hairloss though, because it binds to the AR in place of androgens. There was a study where they put RU against finasteride and RU won by every metric, without going systemic in most of the chimps. It did go systemic in one chimp, but didn't stay systemic.

However, if you're doing high amounts of test with low doses of other AAS's, using a DHT inhibitor with RU is going to be optimal. Be careful though, because DHT inhibitors will keep androgens from being converted through 5alpha reductase, and some AAS's will actually hit the hairline harder before 5alpha reductase.

Just wanted to say, DHT inhibitors don't actually protect you from hair loss with most AAS, because they only stop the conversion to DHT. Further, any androgen can bind to the androgen receptors at the scalp, and still cause hairloss, even test. And many AAS's actually impact the hairline even worse than DHT once they bind to the AR, despite not having converted to DHT.

RU58841 is amazing for hairloss though, because it binds to the AR in place of androgens. There was a study where they put RU against finasteride and RU won by every metric, without going systemic in most of the chimps. It did go systemic in one chimp, but didn't stay systemic.

However, if you're doing high amounts of test with low doses of other AAS's, using a DHT inhibitor with RU is going to be optimal. Be careful though, because DHT inhibitors will keep androgens from being converted through 5alpha reductase, and some AAS's will actually hit the hairline harder before 5alpha reductase.
What is RU? Some kind of shampoo and is it available in stores or is it something you have to find online?

What is RU? Some kind of shampoo and is it available in stores or is it something you have to find online?

RU58841, you can get it online, usually at SARMs suppliers.
Science.bio
is my go-to. It's an oil, and super messy and inconvenient, but it works wonders. 50 mg a day before bed after a shower is the standard protocol.

Anyone who is not already following more plates more dates should check him out. Going through hair loss forums can be pretty discouraging but this guy has literally been a human guinea pig for aas, sarms, peptides, and hair loss products.
I've now adjusted my protocol. I just recently purchased some raw ru and mixed it into my minoxidil and went back to microneedling. This time I'm using a pen rather than a roller. I've been fortunate to have been on fin for about 5 years without any noticeable sides. Plus a keto shampoo. Highly suggest anyone on here to check him out

Anyone who is not already following more plates more dates should check him out. Going through hair loss forums can be pretty discouraging but this guy has literally been a human guinea pig for aas, sarms, peptides, and hair loss products.
I've now adjusted my protocol. I just recently purchased some raw ru and mixed it into my minoxidil and went back to microneedling. This time I'm using a pen rather than a roller. I've been fortunate to have been on fin for about 5 years without any noticeable sides. Plus a keto shampoo. Highly suggest anyone on here to check him out
Why raw ru, just to save money or does it have a shelf life once mixed? I might order some soon.

Should the keto shampoo and the ru be used together? Wouldn't the keto shampoo try and strip the ru off the receptor?

Why raw ru, just to save money or does it have a shelf life once mixed? I might order some soon.

Should the keto shampoo and the ru be used together? Wouldn't the keto shampoo try and strip the ru off the receptor?
Probably cheaper in the long run. Not sure about shelf life.

Can't say about stripping it off the receptor. You could use it a few times a week, without applying the RU afterwards. I have very short hair, so I give it a quick wash without the keto shampoo before applying RU and minoxidil.

Sorry for the delayed response but I went with raw ru for 2 reasons. Cost and I already use minoxidil once a day, so the ease of use.
I use the keto shampoo as part as my regimen at 3x a week. I used to get the prescription 2,% but when I moved my doctor said keto shampoo isn't for hair loss so I just but the over the counter 1%. It dries your hair out though so keep that in mind

Sorry for the delayed response but I went with raw ru for 2 reasons. Cost and I already use minoxidil once a day, so the ease of use.
I use the keto shampoo as part as my regimen at 3x a week. I used to get the prescription 2,% but when I moved my doctor said keto shampoo isn't for hair loss so I just but the over the counter 1%. It dries your hair out though so keep that in mind
I got the raw ru from chemyo and also the days I use keto shampoo are with my shower when I get home from work. I apply minoxidil with the ru before bed

Why waste so. Much money on those meds? Just visit turkey do a hair transplant and boom you have full dense hair for the rest of your life for just 1200 dollar

Why waste so. Much money on those meds? Just visit turkey do a hair transplant and boom you have full dense hair for the rest of your life for just 1200 dollar

Will be around 4 times the price of that for a propper hair transplant in turkey. Still good value though

Because if you don't stop it from falling out 5 years after your transplant when the hair back further on your head falls out you'll look retarded. They put you on these drugs after a transplant so if you have to take them either way might as well try them before the surgery