Hair Loss

my hair started to thin and i started finasteride. it stopped thinning but i haven't noticed any hair growth or thickening.

Can you take finasteride just when you cycle on gear that needs it?
Finasteride is a medication primarily used to treat male pattern baldness and benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate). It works by inhibiting the production of the hormone DHT, which is responsible for hair loss and prostate enlargement.

Some individuals who use anabolic steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) may experience an increase in DHT levels, which can lead to hair loss and prostate issues. As a result, some may turn to finasteride as a way to mitigate these side effects.

However, finasteride is a medication with potential side effects and risks. It can cause sexual dysfunction, decreased libido, and other adverse effects. Additionally, it can interact with other medications and supplements, potentially causing harmful interactions.

If you are considering taking finasteride, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional first. They can evaluate your individual situation and provide guidance on the potential risks and benefits of the medication.

Furthermore, it is not recommended to cycle on gear that requires the use of finasteride or other medications to mitigate side effects. The use of PEDs carries numerous risks and potential side effects, and it is important to carefully consider the potential consequences before embarking on such a cycle.

In summary, while finasteride may be beneficial for some individuals experiencing hair loss or prostate issues, it is not recommended to take it solely when cycling on gear that requires it. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional and carefully consider the potential risks and benefits before taking any medication or embarking on a cycle of PEDs.

Just chiming in to say that Ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral) is a good mild preventative for hair loss. It's not as strong as Finasteride but if you're worried about potential hair loss on a cycle, some Nizoral can help. I found it effective when running higher doses of Test and Mast.

"The inhibition is not complete but a reduction of DHT systemically and in the scalp is accomplished. Ketoconazole has been clinically shown to be effective in the treatment of AGA."

On cycle do you guys prefer topical RU topical Fin to keep from shedding?
Before I tried RU , Fin was a must, even while natty. Now I take both, and using both on a trt dose and even on cycle is just even better.

Now if you wanted to choose just one. RU. And the 50mg isn't necessary. Just been my experience.

Just chiming in to say that Ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral) is a good mild preventative for hair loss. It's not as strong as Finasteride but if you're worried about potential hair loss on a cycle, some Nizoral can help. I found it effective when running higher doses of Test and Mast.

"The inhibition is not complete but a reduction of DHT systemically and in the scalp is accomplished. Ketoconazole has been clinically shown to be effective in the treatment of AGA."
It's super effective for hair loss reversal after 6 months and 12 months of consistent use and it blocks any type of androgen contrary to popular belief. Some guys think it's a DHT or 5-alpha reductase inhibitor but it's not.

The nizoral / ketoconazole shampoo should be 2% concentration and be used three times weekly to daily, massaged into scalp, let sit for 5 minutes then rinse off.

The thing with hair loss is the sooner you catch it the better your chances, once you are truly bald, the ship has already sailed without hair implants.

It's super effective for hair loss reversal after 6 months and 12 months of consistent use and it blocks any type of androgen contrary to popular belief. Some guys think it's a DHT or 5-alpha reductase inhibitor but it's not.

The nizoral / ketoconazole shampoo should be 2% concentration and be used three times weekly to daily, massaged into scalp, let sit for 5 minutes then rinse off.

The thing with hair loss is the sooner you catch it the better your chances, once you are truly bald, the ship has already sailed without hair implants.
That's interesting, so it's just an androgen blocker? Makes me question using it since I wouldn't want my test receptors to get blocked if it absorbs to your bloodstream from the scalp.

Before I tried RU , Fin was a must, even while natty. Now I take both, and using both on a trt dose and even on cycle is just even better.

Now if you wanted to choose just one. RU. And the 50mg isn't necessary. Just been my experience.
The guy who runs the hair transplant network seems to not be a fan of RU. Hes using oral minox and started topical fin from xyon health. Gonna look into it myself

Any place to get the 2% without doing to dermatologist?

Any place to get the 2% without doing to dermatologist?
The typical overseas pharmacies; Inhouse and reliableRx

Otherwise, its really easy to get a script from your primary doctor/general practicioner.

Just say you have stubborn dandruff that doesnt respond to head & shoulders/selsun blue. This has worked for a lot of people.

Nizoral / ketoconazole is no joke, but remember START EARLY. Prevention is the BEST medicine.

Here are a few examples, there are lots of studies. (one of these is nizoral cream/lotion)

Nizoral 6 months before after.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230409-143259.png
    Screenshot_20230409-143259.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Thats so true, prevention >>> regrowth.
I myself have been taking finasterid preventively for 1.5 years and feel extremely good about it.

Wouldn't it make sense for testosterone users to take dutasteride? Finasteride blocks approximately 70% of test to DHT conversion. On a Natty okay, but on a test cycle the 30% DHT left is probably higher than the DHT level as Natty.
30% of 100 is less than 30% of 1000.

Dutasteride blocks approximately 90% of DHT conversion. As natty might be too much for many, on Testo the remaining 10% DHT might still be enough, especially as Testo covers the angrogenic things like libido and such.

What do you guys think?

Thats so true, prevention >>> regrowth.
I myself have been taking finasterid preventively for 1.5 years and feel extremely good about it.

Wouldn't it make sense for testosterone users to take dutasteride? Finasteride blocks approximately 70% of test to DHT conversion. On a Natty okay, but on a test cycle the 30% DHT left is probably higher than the DHT level as Natty.
30% of 100 is less than 30% of 1000.

Dutasteride blocks approximately 90% of DHT conversion. As natty might be too much for many, on Testo the remaining 10% DHT might still be enough, especially as Testo covers the angrogenic things like libido and such.

What do you guys think?
Depends on genetics AND route of testosterone. Test scrotum creams = tons of DHT . Test gel/cream on skin = lots of DHT. Test injection = less DHT.

DHT levels from TRT are also highly genetic. Some guys will be lower end or above the range on the same TRT dose/route. Some guys are also more or less sensitive to drop in DHT or the 5-alpha blocking meds.

That's one reason nizoral is really good, it blocks all androgen at the site you don't want it without affect systemic levels.

Depends on genetics AND route of testosterone. Test scrotum creams = tons of DHT . Test gel/cream on skin = lots of DHT. Test injection = less DHT.

DHT levels from TRT are also highly genetic. Some guys will be lower end or above the range on the same TRT dose/route. Some guys are also more or less sensitive to drop in DHT or the 5-alpha blocking meds.

That's one reason nizoral is really good, it blocks all androgen at the site you don't want it without affect systemic levels.
Thanks for your response!

I am 32 years old and have been on finasteride preventively for almost 1.5 years and have full hair. My father still has a full head of hair at 60, but the male family members on my mother's side are all bald. When I noticed that the temples were shedding a bit, I took finasteride straight away, prevention > regrowth. I feel extremely good on fin, even more positive effects from lower DHT, significantly less oily skin e.g.

I am currently thinking about my first testosterone cycle and am considering "upgrading" from Fin to Duasterid during the cycle. Don't want to take any risks. How do you see it here? Here my thread:

Thanks for your response!

I am 32 years old and have been on finasteride preventively for almost 1.5 years and have full hair. My father still has a full head of hair at 60, but the male family members on my mother's side are all bald. When I noticed that the temples were shedding a bit, I took finasteride straight away, prevention > regrowth. I feel extremely good on fin, even more positive effects from lower DHT, significantly less oily skin e.g.

I am currently thinking about my first testosterone cycle and am considering "upgrading" from Fin to Duasterid during the cycle. Don't want to take any risks. How do you see it here? Here my thread:

Replied to the thread