HCG degradation testing after 30, 45, 60 days

Is there a way that we can test/confirm that QSC's HCG is recombinant?

@janoshik can you chime in on whether there's a way to confirm with >95% certainty whether a vial of HCG is recombinant or not?
There's certainly a way but I don't know it... However, I feel we might be past the point when recombinant is cheaper and that's pretty bulletproof indicator for what manufacturers are going to use.

There's certainly a way but I don't know it... However, I feel we might be past the point when recombinant is cheaper and that's pretty bulletproof indicator for what manufacturers are going to use.
I want mine to come from urine, or I'm not interested. Same with my GH, I get better pumps and vascularity when I know that a corpse was sliced open for my sake to extract its pituitary gland.

We have 2 data points:

Sample...Manufacturer....Excipients.....Reconstitution....30-day degradation
1................Liska.................?................Sterile water.............18.1%
2................QSC..................?.................BAC water................0.9%

Now the question is: Does the BAC water lead to reduced degradation, or the presence of (PH-stabilizing) excipients that may or may not be in the QSC product?

For those who think it's the BAC water: What's the mechanism here? The BAC water prevents the growth of airborne bacteria that otherwise would eat up the peptide hormone? @janoshik, what's your preferred explanation?

We have 2 data points:

Sample Manufacturer Excipients Reconstitution 30-day degradation
1 Liska ? Sterile water 18.1%
2 QSC ? BAC water 0.9%

Now the question is: Does the BAC water lead to reduced degradation, or the presence of (PH-stabilizing) excipients that may or may not be in the QSC product?

For those who think it's the BAC water: What's the mechanism here? The BAC water prevents the growth of airborne bacteria that otherwise would eat up the peptide hormone? @janoshik, what's your preferred explanation?

I believe the bacteriostatic water reduce degradation, because the product do not have any pH-stabilizing excipients. Only mannitol filler.

We have 2 data points:

1................Liska.................?................Sterile water.............18.1%
2................QSC..................?.................BAC water................0.9%

There is actually one more data point from this study I mentioned earlier: The influence of different excipients and storage procedures on hCG (human Corionic Gonadotropin) as evidenced by spectrophotometry - Nature Precedings

Sample...Manufacturer........Excipients........Reconstitution....30-day degrad.
1................Liska.....................?..................Sterile water.............18.1%
2................QSC......................?...................BAC water................0.9%
3................Pharma.......phosphoric acid.....Sterile water.............~0%
......................................&sodium hydroxide.........................................
......................................&Mannitol.......................................................

We have 2 data points:

I honestly don't know, but my wild guess would be living organism induced degradation - while usually insignificant, with Hcg dosed in microgram range it could have more impact relatively.

There is actually one more data point from this study I mentioned earlier: The influence of different excipients and storage procedures on hCG (human Corionic Gonadotropin) as evidenced by spectrophotometry - Nature Precedings

Sample...Manufacturer........Excipients........Reconstitution....30-day degrad.
1................Liska.....................?..................Sterile water.............18.1%
2................QSC......................?...................BAC water................0.9%
3................Pharma.......phosphoric acid.....Sterile water.............~0%
......................................&sodium hydroxide.........................................
......................................&Mannitol.......................................................
Surprising results in the full text even though it is not relating to BAC water. Zero degradation between 4 and 25ºC. If this is accurate, then traveling with HCG would be MUCH easier.

Back