HGH sleep issues

400degrees

About a month in on ugl GH, 4iu every night before bed, 2hrs after dinner. First couple weeks it knocked me out all night. Past couple weeks I've been wide awake at 3am every night. Almost feels like a cortisol spike. Wondering if I should ride it out, switch to am, or if anyone has had the same experience or knows the possible science behind this regarding the gh interactions with prolactin, progesterone or adrenals.

About a month in on ugl GH, 4iu every night before bed, 2hrs after dinner. First couple weeks it knocked me out all night. Past couple weeks I've been wide awake at 3am every night. Almost feels like a cortisol spike. Wondering if I should ride it out, switch to am, or if anyone has had the same experience or knows the possible science behind this regarding the gh interactions with prolactin, progesterone or adrenals.
The problem here is you release 50-70% of hgh during sleep so, you should reduce to 2 or 2.5ius and take the rest at some point during the day.

So how do we make all of this information actionable?

I can read it, nod my head, pretend to understand, mutter, "Cortisol," oh, and "beta receptors," and pretend like I am keeping up in the conversation, but what do I then do about my hgh administration?
Direct effects of GH have no solution besides, er, not using GH. So, increased nighttime awakenings like the OP posted... if you don't want that, then the solution is to not take GH anymore, try reducing dose, take a break.

For GH lethargy, an inhibitor of 11β-HSD1 would be most selective, all the way through using adrenaline:
giphy.gif

So no hope of a restful sleep after 3:00 am if taken at night?

I split dose @ ~7am and ~6pm. Bedtime around 11. Sleep is good but I pretty much always get up to pee at least once. I don't remember the last time I slept for 8 hours straight but that goes back way before hGH.

Disclaimer: hGH never influenced my sleep quality but I have decent sleep hygiene so probably less likely to be affected (consistent pre-bed routine, no TV or doom scrolling on phone in bed, etc.)

I can read it, nod my head, pretend to understand, mutter, "Cortisol," oh, and "beta receptors,"

Don't forget vasopressin, also very important for sleep stability/fragmentation and I'm guessing GH probably affects it's release, receptor expression, ... if nothing else, via increases in plasma osmolality due to increased sodium retention ... : D

I'm not going to pretend like I know the answer to this, as I don't think the science community has a clear understanding of it, but anything that increases sleep pressure should help. Although any agents in this regard will have a noticeable effect on your brain chemistry (think sleep medications like H1 antagonists which increase SWS, ...) and overall mood/cognition.

For me, most of the awakenings happen during REM, so if I was to base my hypothetical over my personal experience I'd go in the direction of decreasing REM density (5HT1a agonists do this, for instance CBD) or maybe vice versa, increasing REM stability, make it harder to wake from REM (cholinergic's, I had success with phosphatidyl serine, although combining two drugs which make REM sleep more vivid might be a wild experience).

Also seeing how GH increases NREM2 and decreases SWS, anything that increases SWS should help. But now we are again at H1, 5HT2a antagonists, pregabalin, etc. GHRH (ie. cjc1295) which increases SWS might be worth a try. Maybe dual orexin receptor antagonists? but purportedly, they also tend to increase REM ...

In regards to cortisol I'd potentially try some natural adaptogens like bacopa or ashwagandha, rhodiola, as mentioned phosphatidyl, etc. But everything here will again have an effect on your mood/cognition and I'd be weary of ashwagandha.

One thing which is for sure is that what ever will down regulate/calm the HPA axis and the amygdala should help (providing that some deficits aren't the issue in the first place) as GH related sleep issues are most probably more prevalent in people who have problems in this department already. I'm talking about taking care of anxiety, stress, etc. It takes about 3 months for the HPA axis to normalize.https://www.embopress.org/doi/full/10.15252/msb.20209510 A hyperactive HPA axis will fragment your sleep as is and will react with a greater intensity to any agent which has an inclination of modulating it, GH being such a substance ofc.

Maybe there is a protocol out there which doesn't include the use of such psychotropic drugs, if so, I hope someday somebody finds it. I'd look at electrolytes and blood glucose management first ... I personally found that I was sleeping even poorer when sodium ingestion was higher for instance.

Back