IFBB Pro Killionb12 and Ironlion log

So I wanted to share this because I stumbled upon it the other day and had to do a side by side. This was one of the first check in pics with my coach almost 4 years ago. We have come a long way in those 4 years. 2nd pic on right was about 6 weeks out I believe from my warmup before the Pro qualifier.
View attachment 176306
Since you posted this, it would really help some of the guys that are going about training, nutrition and gear incorrectly if you gave somewhat of a cliff note version of the principles you followed to get there.

That progress in four years is absolutely incredible. You did an amazing job and your coach clearly knows his shit as well. Hell, if you wouldn't mind filling me in on what you've done I'd appreciate it too! Lol

Since you posted this, it would really help some of the guys that are going about training, nutrition and gear incorrectly if you gave somewhat of a cliff note version of the principles you followed to get there.

That progress in four years is absolutely incredible. You did an amazing job and your coach clearly knows his shit as well. Hell, if you wouldn't mind filling me in on what you've done I'd appreciate it too! Lol
Thanks man. Nothing special here just hard work these past 4 years. The Cliff note version is working with a coach who over time learns about your body and how it responds to different changes. This is important, finding a good coach and sticking with them.

Nutrition
My first year with coach was pushing for muscle gains. We did Multiple growth phases where food was adjusted as needed. Food got pretty high at times but it’s needed to grow. Most people get nutrition wrong. Macro timing is also important. Our higher carb, low fat and higher protein meals were centered around training. Quick absorbing carbs after training. Intra workout carbs and EAAs were used as well for performance and recovery between sets. We did some recomps in between growth phases to reset digestion and insulin sensitivity etc. This will set you up for success with next push. Carrying excessive body fat won’t help when trying to bulk. Food sources were mainly single ingredient foods at first. No processed crap. We did free meals on days that lagging body parts were trained. Mainly sushi, burger and fries or something similar. As we got bigger and food got higher we started using less filling foods or lower volume like protein powders and rice based cereals, fruits and oils more often.

Supplements
Mainly used Test and Deca as our main growth promoters along with 3-4iu of HGH. Never really touched orals other than towards the end of contest prep. The dosages really never got crazy. I think Test got as high as 750mg weekly and Deca at 600mg weekly but they was only for a short period of time. Todays dosages stay much lower. Less is more. Nutrition and training should be your focus not more gear. This past push I have also included Masteron E as well. My Test is at 400mg, Mast is at 560mg and Deca at 300mg weekly. Using different compounds that operate on a different pathway is key here. That’s why I’m a bigger fan of multiple compounds at lower dosages. I use Proviron as well which helps free up Test in your bloodstream. The more free test the better because your body can actually use it. The key here is that more is not better and Tren is not something you need ever unless prepping and you are in a severe deficit. Tren is mainly used for anti-catabolic properties. It will help to hold onto muscle when calories are low. That’s the only time I would recommend Tren. People will hate to hear this and try to say it’s the strongest steroid out there. It’s not, the side effects are from the neurotoxicity that comes along with it not because of how strong it is. It’s basically a steroidal SARM at best. Having trensomina, night sweats and constant lethargy isn’t conducive to growing. If you like it continue using it but there are better ways to grow.

Training
This has changed over time but progressive overload has always been a key concept we have focused on as well as mechanical tension. Two key components for driving muscle hypertrophy. We started off with an upper and lower type split then moved into a PPL split. Frequency was key here along with recovery. We arranged the workout to focus on lagging body parts and would have multiple Mesocycles focused on those weaker parts then shift to another one after 8-12 weeks. This has helped tremendously to bring a more balanced physique. Intensity and execution has gotten better over time. No more ego lifting and focused on control and muscle contraction. With the PPL split we are pretty low volume. Maybe 12 sets total for each body part for the week. Again the goal is progressive overload which can mean more sets, reps, intensity etc.

Attachments

• 863E7EDA-1AD0-4B7E-8280-0F16CA595A26.jpeg
    863E7EDA-1AD0-4B7E-8280-0F16CA595A26.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 84
Thanks man. Nothing special here just hard work these past 4 years. The Cliff note version is working with a coach who over time learns about your body and how it responds to different changes. This is important, finding a good coach and sticking with them.

Nutrition
My first year with coach was pushing for muscle gains. We did Multiple growth phases where food was adjusted as needed. Food got pretty high at times but it’s needed to grow. Most people get nutrition wrong. Macro timing is also important. Our higher carb, low fat and higher protein meals were centered around training. Quick absorbing carbs after training. Intra workout carbs and EAAs were used as well for performance and recovery between sets. We did some recomps in between growth phases to reset digestion and insulin sensitivity etc. This will set you up for success with next push. Carrying excessive body fat won’t help when trying to bulk. Food sources were mainly single ingredient foods at first. No processed crap. We did free meals on days that lagging body parts were trained. Mainly sushi, burger and fries or something similar. As we got bigger and food got higher we started using less filling foods or lower volume like protein powders and rice based cereals, fruits and oils more often.

Supplements
Mainly used Test and Deca as our main growth promoters along with 3-4iu of HGH. Never really touched orals other than towards the end of contest prep. The dosages really never got crazy. I think Test got as high as 750mg weekly and Deca at 600mg weekly but they was only for a short period of time. Todays dosages stay much lower. Less is more. Nutrition and training should be your focus not more gear. This past push I have also included Masteron E as well. My Test is at 400mg, Mast is at 560mg and Deca at 300mg weekly. Using different compounds that operate on a different pathway is key here. That’s why I’m a bigger fan of multiple compounds at lower dosages. I use Proviron as well which helps free up Test in your bloodstream. The more free test the better because your body can actually use it. The key here is that more is not better and Tren is not something you need ever unless prepping and you are in a severe deficit. Tren is mainly used for anti-catabolic properties. It will help to hold onto muscle when calories are low. That’s the only time I would recommend Tren. People will hate to hear this and try to say it’s the strongest steroid out there. It’s not, the side effects are from the neurotoxicity that comes along with it not because of how strong it is. It’s basically a steroidal SARM at best. Having trensomina, night sweats and constant lethargy isn’t conducive to growing. If you like it continue using it but there are better ways to grow.

Training
This has changed over time but progressive overload has always been a key concept we have focused on as well as mechanical tension. Two key components for driving muscle hypertrophy. We started off with an upper and lower type split then moved into a PPL split. Frequency was key here along with recovery. We arranged the workout to focus on lagging body parts and would have multiple Mesocycles focused on those weaker parts then shift to another one after 8-12 weeks. This has helped tremendously to bring a more balanced physique. Intensity and execution has gotten better over time. No more ego lifting and focused on control and muscle contraction. With the PPL split we are pretty low volume. Maybe 12 sets total for each body part for the week. Again the goal is progressive overload which can mean more sets, reps, intensity etc.
Forgot to mention we used insulin for short stint. We did a basal insulin like lantus daily and worked our way up to 30iu. This was deployed once food got pretty high. Your pancreas can only produced so much insulin and then it can’t keep up. Thats when insulin sensitivity starts to suffer. We also deployed a fast acting insulin Humalog before workouts and worked our way up to 10iu. We made sure to pair about 5-10 grams of carbs per IU with Humalog. Usually a little more. Don’t want to go hypo.

Had chest and shoulders yesterdays. All lifts keep progressing so we will keep pushing until they don’t. Here’s what I did.

prime incline bench 4 plates per side - 12 reps
backoff set 3 plates & 25lbs per side - 11

Flat bench dumbbells press 150s - 13, 11

Prime seated chest press 305lbs set to end range - 15
2nd set on beginning range 305lbs - 12

Prime pec fly 270lbs 2 sets to failure with partials at end - 15, 13

Lying cable lateral raises 35lbs 2 sec pause at top - 14, 12

Atlantis seated lateral raises 130lbs - 18, 16

Quads today. Had a killer workout. Legs are trashed. Still progressing it seems weekly.

Prime leg ext. 4 plates on middle peg 2 plates on top peg and 1 on bottom rest pause set - 12, 5, 4

Pendulum squats 5 plates with extra resistance using band - 9 reps
Backoff set 3 plates - 17 reps

Leg press 14 plates heals off bottom - 13, 12

Bulgarians split squats with 100lb DB - 15, 13

Adductors 150lbs. - 16, 15

Checkins from Saturday. Up 1lbs sitting at 291lbs. Coach wants to sit here for a little while and harden up a little more at this weight.

Leaving for Vegas for Mr Olympia on Thursday. Excited since this will be my first time there in person. Hopefully one day I will qualify for for it. Anyway will take plenty of pics and share when I get back. My top seven for Open is below. Share your top 7, would love to see what you guys think.

Ramy
Curry
Derek
Nick
Iain
Hunter
Hadi

Leaving for Vegas for Mr Olympia on Thursday. Excited since this will be my first time there in person. Hopefully one day I will qualify for for it. Anyway will take plenty of pics and share when I get back. My top seven for Open is below. Share your top 7, would love to see what you guys think.

Ramy
Curry
Derek
Nick
Iain
Hunter
Hadi
I've always wondered what that would be like in person. Enjoy and report back with some pics!

What a crazy Mr. Olympia! Had a great time with my wife and son. Some upsets and some continued dominance by CBum. Sorry I hadn’t posted any this week. Had a busy week of work trying to finish things up before the holidays. Anyway, got to meet some cool people and see a ton of guys that I have looked up to since I started following bodybuilding as a kid. Hope you guys can enjoy. Got a pic with Guy at a booth he had setup at the Dragons Lair. He was hilarious and was like where the hell am I suppose to stand between you giants! He was like let’s take a pic and act like you are my bodyguards. LOL. James was super nice guy as well and was like shit is this the land of giants! My wife is 6ft so she is taller than him as well. I’m on the left and my son on the right of him. My son is 6’5 and I’m 6’3. Everyone was super nice to meet. Will definitely do Olympia again.
E95703DE-8EB1-4877-B2FF-45D818B7BA61.jpegB9F84657-0F29-4498-983D-1DCFEB78A9C8.jpeg
3404D1DC-3CC7-4576-B2BF-756D997A22F6.jpeg
FC13697E-2073-4D66-AA72-AE6B80C96880.jpeg
A3E820FF-4C6B-4935-8E5D-AE1A3EFE3D3C.jpeg
A4E5FD18-3F17-40D1-97F4-C1FA821AEBF1.jpeg

Attachments

• 203D5754-52D8-428F-A880-88ADE490FF8D.jpeg
    203D5754-52D8-428F-A880-88ADE490FF8D.jpeg
    431.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hamstrings and glutes yesterday. Been doing Dumbbell RDLs lately and really connecting with them better. My workout from yesterday below.

Prime Seated hamstring curls 175lbs 3 sec negative 1st set is rest pause - 9, 7, 6
2nd set straight set - 8 reps

Standing leg curls cluster set 80lbs - 23 reps total

Glute bridges 3 plates & 25lbs per side 2 sets to failure - 15, 13

Dumbbell RDLs 130s 3 sets to failure - 11, 9, 8

Walking weighted lunges 50lbs - 12, 12 steps

Adductors 130lbs 2 sets high rep - 22, 20

Happy new Year! Sorry guys been on vacation in Cabo over new years. Just got back today. Anyway will get back to posting here again. This month we are doing a health phase heading into Prep come February!

Back