IFBB Pro Killionb12 and Ironlion log

I went to 80mg because it wasn’t managing my blood pressure as well at 40mg. I will probably drop that down as I get deeper into prep. Once my weight goes down my BP usually improves. The visceral fat is definitely an added benefit but I wasn’t sure at what dosage it starts to help with that, do you have a link to the study that shows what dosage?
here on the forum there was an article about telmisartan. You are right, I also sometimes noticed that sometimes 40 mg did not completely do its job. most likely a dosage of 40 mg for an ordinary person, and those who use steroids think 80 is ideal. but of course it is better to start 40 to see how the body reacts to side effects. about fat burning. there was an article and the dosage was indicated there from 80 to 120, 160

here on the forum there was an article about telmisartan. You are right, I also sometimes noticed that sometimes 40 mg did not completely do its job. most likely a dosage of 40 mg for an ordinary person, and those who use steroids think 80 is ideal. but of course it is better to start 40 to see how the body reacts to side effects. about fat burning. there was an article and the dosage was indicated there from 80 to 120, 160
Agreed, did the the 40mg for about a week and noticed BP was only mildly affected so bumped to 60mg then 80mg finally. That was the sweet spot. Good thing is my HDL cholesterol increased which usually falls below normal range when on cycle. Blood sugar was better at peak of my bulk. Usually my blood sugar would get above 100 but it stayed consistently in low 90s. It definitely does what these studies say it does beyond just being an ARB.

Agreed, did the the 40mg for about a week and noticed BP was only mildly affected so bumped to 60mg then 80mg finally. That was the sweet spot. Good thing is my HDL cholesterol increased which usually falls below normal range when on cycle. Blood sugar was better at peak of my bulk. Usually my blood sugar would get above 100 but it stayed consistently in low 90s. It definitely does what these studies say it does beyond just being an ARB.
yes telmisartan works well for both blood pressure and blood sugar. By the way, what source is a good telmisartan? Or buy it at the pharmacy? before that I took from the source on meso. I’m from USA

yes telmisartan works well for both blood pressure and blood sugar. By the way, what source is a good telmisartan? Or buy it at the pharmacy? before that I took from the source on meso. I’m from USA
I get it prescribed from doctor. Not sure who sells it here. I got it from a source on ASF before getting it prescribed. DM me and I can give you the source name and contact info.

Quad day from the other day. Got a great workout in with a friend of mine who is a beast. He is an open guy and has crazy intensity in the gym. Quads were fried afterward but glad I was able to keep up with him.

Prime Leg ext. 8 plates 2 sets with last set being a triple drop set.

Leg press 16 plates 3 sec negatives. 2 sets with extreme depth. Heals off platform to get super deep.

Sissy squats on hack squat machine 2 plates was all that was needed here. Quads were pumped to max after it.

Bulgarians 2 plates 3 sets to failure.

Leg press 16 plates 3 sec negatives. 2 sets with extreme depth. Heals off platform to get super deep.
How is that on the knees? I've been seeing more guys doing that. I always have my heels at the bottom with squat shoes to try to get as much depth as possible

How is that on the knees? I've been seeing more guys doing that. I always have my heels at the bottom with squat shoes to try to get as much depth as possible
Actually no issues on knees at all. I have poor ankle mobility so I can’t get very deep on leg presses. This helps a ton. I can get calves to hamstrings doing it this way. Start light and see how it feels.

Had back yesterday. Really been enjoying this split from my training coach. We have been focusing on lower lat thickness and overall of course. So far I think we have done a good job of bringing it up. Can’t wait to start peeling down in a couple of weeks.

Life fitness seated underhand row 175lbs - 13, 12

Chest supported t-bar row 4 plates and 2 10s, 1st set was rest pause - 10, 5, 3
2nd set was straight set 4 plates - 12 reps

Assisted chin-ups 2 sets - 15, 12

Dumbbell pullovers 50lbs - 12, 10

Trap bar deads 6 plates per side - 9 reps

Well we have officially ended this last growth phase. I ended up hitting an all time high of 293lbs fasted this morning and kept good composition if not better than my last growth phase. Very happy with last year and the improvements we made. Really excited to see them once we get peeled down. Coach put together a great game plan since we got that pro card and now we get to show them off here in 18 weeks.

5AA3B763-3F60-45BD-A435-8EE29F56F8CE.jpeg
56C954F5-22A5-4F56-886D-62D9559143FD.jpeg
3172921A-594A-4729-AD6C-7B5E3CF7A721.jpeg
0CD56E76-F85E-4194-8189-40FAA9D79296.jpeg
0EDA173E-63DE-4DF5-AC68-9781E7574B2E.jpeg
776D9382-236A-43B2-A534-2523C5F9C92D.jpeg
083FF1F8-DBE0-4F78-843A-9DF452F2C42D.jpeg

Ok man, tried this, gotta ask, how many reps are you doing that you're doing that kind of fucking weight? Hah doing these for sets of 20 is humbling, I absolutely did not have 8 plates per side lol

Ok man, tried this, gotta ask, how many reps are you doing that you're doing that kind of fucking weight? Hah doing these for sets of 20 is humbling, I absolutely did not have 8 plates per side lol
LOL, just moved up to 18 plates this week. I’m doing 12-15 reps max. Definitely not 20 reps unless it’s a rest pause set which I have been doing lately for my first set.

Quad day yesterday. Had a killer leg day and quads were pumped to the max. I just switched out pendulum squats for sissy squats on the hack squat machine. Don’t need much weight and it’s a crazy stretch on the quads.

prime leg ext. 4 plates on middle and 3 plates on top 1st set rest pause - 11, 6, 4
2nd set 3 plates on middle and top straight set - 10 reps

Leg press with heals off bottom of platform 18 plates 2 sets - 13, 12 reps

Sissy squats on hack squat 2 plates 2 sets - 12, 10 reps

Bulgarian split squats on smith 2 plates - 14, 12 each leg

Adductors 150lbs 2 sets - 15, 13 reps

LOL, just moved up to 18 plates this week. I’m doing 12-15 reps max. Definitely not 20 reps unless it’s a rest pause set which I have been doing lately for my first set.
Bro you are an animal. Huge respect though. You're where I want to be, so you're someone I want to learn from!

Had a good quad day yesterday. I switched out pendulum squat for sissy squats on the hack squat machine. Really been enjoying them and getting crazy stretch and sore for days.

Prime leg ext. 4 plates on middle and 3 on top rest pause set - 11, 5, 3
2nd set 3 plates middle and 2 plates on top - 15 reps

Hip press single leg 7 plates - 12, 11

Bulgarian split squats 1 plate and 25lbs per side - 14, 12

Sissy squats 2 plates & 25lbs - 11, 10

Adductors 150lbs - 15, 13

Checkins with coach today. Sitting at 16 weeks out from my Pro Debut. Hit the 280s for the first time in awhile. I was 286.4lbs fasted this morning. Already seeing some more detail. Excited to get peeled!

3B41CB80-FE9C-45D0-A80C-6823AA3FEB88.jpeg
F4010088-9448-4F8D-A55B-7C2A136C4E89.jpeg
D553E14B-D0E9-495A-8DF6-E8369400035B.jpeg
8A092EDD-8622-48F7-84A3-D7C7690266FD.jpeg
F0C1BA03-EF7F-47FB-8FFD-8DE5F57E10B0.jpeg
57519E29-629E-4663-B22B-CD607DCEDE35.jpeg

Curious if you’re classic isn’t there a weight cut off based on height. I saw near the beginning of your thread you mentioned a height of 6’2.5”.
What is the weight you need to diet down to weight in, and will that be different from what you actually weigh on stage?

Curious if you’re classic isn’t there a weight cut off based on height. I saw near the beginning of your thread you mentioned a height of 6’2.5”.
What is the weight you need to diet down to weight in, and will that be different from what you actually weigh on stage?
Yes I’m classic and based on my height my weight cap is 247lbs. I’m not entirely sure what I will be once I’m stage ready but I’m hoping I come in slightly below that cap and then fill out to 247-248ish after weight ins. I had a hard time making weight (237) as an amateur so hopefully with the extra 10lbs I get as a Pro I won’t have that issue at least this first time around. Coach thinks we will be close. Might have to use the inversion table a lot before then so I can get that extra half inch I need for higher weight cap. LOL

I can't wait to see you transform here. Will be really cool to see what 290 relatively lean diets down to for the stage. Amateur weight cap sucks... Lol

Sponsors

Back