IFBB Pro Killionb12 and Ironlion log

Here is my most recent diet. We upped fats a little last check ins that way we can keep food volume lower but still increase calories.

View attachment 173871
View attachment 173872
I just found this thread, and I am only on page 2, but this is gold. Now, instead of trying to tell somebody what to eat on here, I can point guys asking about diet to this quoted post and just say, "Start here" and then after three weeks they can adjust a little from there as necessary.

Excellent info.

Thanks for making such a detailed log.

I just found this thread, and I am only on page 2, but this is gold. Now, instead of trying to tell somebody what to eat on here, I can point guys asking about diet to this quoted post and just say, "Start here" and then after three weeks they can adjust a little from there as necessary.

Excellent info.

Thanks for making such a detailed log.
Thanks brother. Hopefully it can help someone. Thanks for following

Back day from yesterday. Really starting to connect better with back. Focusing on scapula extension and retraction. Not just moving weight from point A to B. Big difference all around.

T-bar row 4 plates - 12, 11
Incline bench dumbbell rows 100lbs to failure - 11, 10
Chin ups assisted - 15, 12
Dumbbell pullover 60lbs - 13, 12 to failure
Trap bar deadlift 5pps to failure - 15
Rear delt flys on pec deck 155lbs - 15, 14, 12

Back day from yesterday. Really starting to connect better with back. Focusing on scapula extension and retraction. Not just moving weight from point A to B. Big difference all around.

T-bar row 4 plates - 12, 11
Incline bench dumbbell rows 100lbs to failure - 11, 10
Chin ups assisted - 15, 12
Dumbbell pullover 60lbs - 13, 12 to failure
Trap bar deadlift 5pps to failure - 15
Rear delt flys on pec deck 155lbs - 15, 14, 12
So when you go on your heavier sets, is your aim to make them look/feel the same as your feed sets? Whenever I start trying to push weight I feel I keep my form but lose a lot of mind muscle connection, wondering if you have any advice on this

So when you go on your heavier sets, is your aim to make them look/feel the same as your feed sets? Whenever I start trying to push weight I feel I keep my form but lose a lot of mind muscle connection, wondering if you have any advice on this
Absolutely! I never sacrifice form when going to heavier working sets. The idea is if I can’t keep the same tempo and control as the feeder sets the weight is too heavy then. Slowing things down can really help keep that mind muscle connection. As you get better at that tempo the weight will go up naturally. My recommendation would be to keep the eccentric part of the movement to 2-3 seconds and squeeze hard at the top of the concentric portion. Slow and controlled always helps me keep connected to the muscle I’m training

Hamstrings and glutes were on the menu for yesterday’s training. Had a good workout and really connecting more than ever with my hamstrings. Hopefully that means progress!

Seated hamstring curls 190lbs RP set - 13, 6, 4
2nd set to failure 170lbs - 16 reps

Standing hamstring curls 90lbs cluster set - 18 reps each leg total

Glute bridges 4 plates per side 2 sec hold at top 2 sets to failure - 11, 10

Smith RDLs 365lbs 2 sets - 9, 8
Backoff set 315lbs - 12

Adductors 120lbs 3 sets to failure - 21, 20, 18

Absolutely! I never sacrifice form when going to heavier working sets. The idea is if I can’t keep the same tempo and control as the feeder sets the weight is too heavy then. Slowing things down can really help keep that mind muscle connection. As you get better at that tempo the weight will go up naturally. My recommendation would be to keep the eccentric part of the movement to 2-3 seconds and squeeze hard at the top of the concentric portion. Slow and controlled always helps me keep connected to the muscle I’m training
I've never thought about it as trying to maintain a tempo as the weight gets heavier, I'll give that a try for today session, cheers

Back and rear delts today. Getting better every back day it seems lately. Definitely trying to control and squeeze every rep while still going heavy as possible. Like I mentioned before it’s not just moving weight but moving the muscle they way it’s suppose to move and feeling it through the entire ROM.

Cable rope pullovers 180lbs to failure 3 sets - 14, 12, 11

Prime pulldowns 1 plate on middle and top peg 2 sets to failure - 12, 10

Prime low rows 2 plates on middle and 3 on top - 10, 9

Reverse grip lat pulldowns 180lbs - 13, 12

Pec deck rear delt flys 170lbs 2 sets to failure - 15, 14

Check ins with coach today. Sitting at 290lbs. Wasn’t sure if I would see this number again but here we are. Feeling real good about this with current composition!
198AD66F-1D8B-4935-A760-BA0D66D5082A.jpeg
9CDAC20F-4574-47D4-BE11-A4F97A623155.jpeg
A97D64C5-BF1F-4458-BFF8-2F1DEAC756BF.jpeg
7AB144E7-F56C-4544-A04A-A649A97ACB5D.jpeg
D61A979F-C9FC-4912-A8C9-291C4CB71578.jpeg
B7353FAB-D36C-4F46-B575-E2CB30C761DC.jpeg

Leg day yesterday. Quad focused. This has become my favorite day. Legs have always been a weakness of mine and they are starting to become a strength. Coach has been on me from day one to grow these twigs and we have definitely done this. Strength has improved on all lifts. Okay so here is what went down yesterday.

prime leg ext. 4 plates on middle peg and 3 on top RP set - 11, 6, 3
Backoff set 5 plates - 9

Pendulum squat 5 plates with resistance band - 9
Backoff set 4 plates - 15 reps

Lying leg curls 135lbs - 12, 11

Hip press 7 plates each leg cluster set - 14 reps each leg

Bulgarians split squats with 75lb dumbbell - 12, 10

Adductors 130lbs 2 sec negative - 18, 16

So I wanted to share this because I stumbled upon it the other day and had to do a side by side. This was one of the first check in pics with my coach almost 4 years ago. We have come a long way in those 4 years. 2nd pic on right was about 6 weeks out I believe from my warmup before the Pro qualifier.
E2FEE535-2213-4634-BF52-DD10B272C094.jpeg

Back