Issue with knees while doing leg work?

gaylord_focker

Whenever I do squats or anything involving a pressing movement with legs, when I get to the top/finish of the movement if I go a little too fast I feel a pain under my knee caps in the middle of my knee. Almost feels like it’s pulling the patellar tendon.
Anyone else ever have issues with brittle knees and patellar tendons?
Do I just need to focus on a lower weight until my knees/tendons strengthen ? I just feel like one of these days it’s not gonna be a pull… the mfs just gonna snap on me. I have no idea what’s causing this

I’m not going to try to play doctor but best I can do is to advise using a good knee sleeve or wrap, but doing a lot of stretching exercises before any leg work. Probably the worst thing to do is to completely stop working legs. I know first hand that age has a lot to do with it, plus inherited issues like osteoarthritis “thanks mom lol”. I don’t know what compounds you are running but “dry” compounds like stanazolol or primo will definitely make your joints creek. Deca definitely made my shoulders and elbows feel better but somehow did nothing for my knees. Hope this helps a little.
Edit; just popped in my mind is the possibility of your estrogen getting too low. Very low estrogen from dry compounds or running too much AI will definitely affect joints.

Last edited:
Whenever I do squats or anything involving a pressing movement with legs, when I get to the top/finish of the movement if I go a little too fast I feel a pain under my knee caps in the middle of my knee. Almost feels like it’s pulling the patellar tendon.
Anyone else ever have issues with brittle knees and patellar tendons?
Do I just need to focus on a lower weight until my knees/tendons strengthen ? I just feel like one of these days it’s not gonna be a pull… the mfs just gonna snap on me. I have no idea what’s causing this

I hit the bike for 10 minutes or so before leg days. I still get some discomfort or "tweak" feelings in my knees sometimes, but I think the warm up helps.

Could also incorporate some pre-exhaustion techniques like light higher rep leg extensions so you don't need to go so heavy on the pressing movements.

Dunno know if this is something for TB/BPC/hGH, but may also be worth considering.

I hit the bike for 10 minutes or so before leg days. I still get some discomfort or "tweak" feelings in my knees sometimes, but I think the warm up helps.

Could also incorporate some pre-exhaustion techniques like light higher rep leg extensions so you don't need to go so heavy on the pressing movements.

Dunno know if this is something for TB/BPC/hGH, but may also be worth considering.
I feel like I’ve been having this issue for close to 15 years now. Maybe I sustained some knee injuries in my youth. But I think you’re right I better just warm up thoroughly and do my heavy pressing movements dead last.
Never thought about bpc for this issue since I have no idea what’s causing it. Idk if it could make my dry rotted rubber band tendons elastic again but Couldn’t hurt to try.

at 35 yrs of age my knees should be much better but after sports and the trade I’m in where I’m constantly having to get down/up. I don’t put any thing heavy on my back for squats. I warm up on the treadmill before hitting legs. I do elevated heal goblet squats, Bulgarian SS, RDL w/dumbbell and leg press. If I were to do any back squat w/bar bell
Over 225 for reps I’d be crippled and useless for
The next days. I’ve yet to find a way to relieve it
W/o surgery. But from high reps and low weight and more volume I’ve seen pretty good progress. Joint and all just sucks.