New MESO-Rx member ranking system

Do you like the new MESO-Rx ranking system?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I guess. I am considered a source now for selling stuff. I guess it's only fair to make sure nobody gets scammed/played. which I understand.

Jw When is stop selling stuff so I become a regular member again?
And the message is?

You crossed over to the dark side.

Hi @B Ware, yeah I know. I was part of the group that support the elimination of the ranking system. I agreed with all the reasons behind the decision. And I still do - 100%.

But really did eliminating it make a significant difference? Honestly?

We didn't arrive at a meritocracy, that is for sure. People find ways to create their own status structure, often in very undesirable ways, with human behavior being what it is.

For example, I think the system that arose in its place resulted in some groups seek status by suppressing speech of other groups with insulting, hateful, derogatory bashing, and bigotry with the often explicit goal of eliminating the their forum participation.

So, I hear you when you say you "see members with a vet status when all they do/did is bash/spread hate". Well, in the absence of the ranking system, they were already rewarded with the likes system and a certain amount of resulting influence.

The most troubling aspect of this is how frequently the community rewarded and cheered the racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and otherwise hateful content with dozens of like. The behavior was incentivized.
Personally I think any racist, homophobic, neo-nazi, neo-confederate bullshit should draw an immediate and permanent ban.

If you think it's a problem now wait a year or two.

So far so good, but there is still work to do to protect MESO-Rx.

Personally I think any racist, homophobic, neo-nazi, neo-confederate bullshit should draw an immediate and permanent ban.

If you think it's a problem now wait a year or two.

So far so good, but there is still work to do to protect MESO-Rx.
Well said. No forum should ever be tolerating hate, division or racism. It's politics and religion that bring out the worst in people.

Aint that the truth. Not too much of a regular on the boards these days though. Wife and teenage kids keep me VERY busy.

You guys should have seen the original forum layout from back in the day. Nothing like it is now.

4 of us plus Millard used to moderate this place with relative ease. I can't imagine it's that easy now.

Last edited:
New member with a join date 99. Sounds about right.

Hey, so I've had a couple occasions now to ask questions in the Underground sub-forum, but no privileges. Can I submit for consideration?

Hey, so I've had a couple occasions now to ask questions in the Underground sub-forum, but no privileges. Can I submit for consideration?
So you can post in the underground, what additional privileges are you talking about?

So you can post in the underground, what additional privileges are you talking about?
Oh, sorry for confusion. There have been a couple of occasions where I have wanted to ask a question or comment in the Underground, but am unable, due to lack of privileges.

Oh, sorry for confusion. There have been a couple of occasions where I have wanted to ask a question or comment in the Underground, but am unable, due to lack of privileges.
Well the restrictions are addressed in the below thread. I have seen you posting around in a number of different threads though, I'm surprised you haven't gained access yet.

I'd continue to be active elsewhere on the forum. I noticed your reaction score is zero, I'm wondering if that has any impact on lifting restrictions? @Millard would know if so.

Well the restrictions are addressed in the below thread. I have seen you posting around in a number of different threads though, I'm surprised you haven't gained access yet.

I'd continue to be active elsewhere on the forum. I noticed your reaction score is zero, I'm wondering if that has any impact on lifting restrictions? @Millard would know if so.

Yeah, I read through that thread and honestly was hesitant to ask. One of the threads I was trying to reply to in the Underground section was started by a user with only 7 messages, and 0 reaction as well, but he's been a member since early March, so I guess it's just time? That was what drove me to ask.

Reactions: T&H
Yeah, I read through that thread and honestly was hesitant to ask. One of the threads I was trying to reply to in the Underground section was started by a user with only 7 messages, and 0 reaction as well, but he's been a member since early March, so I guess it's just time? That was what drove me to ask.
New Members can automatically lose privileges too. The following applies to all New Members:

New Members can automatically lose privileges too. The following applies to all New Members:

Thank you for clarification and consideration.

Back