Ozempic (semaglutide) wtf?

lukiss96

So I have finally decided to use it this strange pen, I injected 36 clicks which is 0.5mg (right?) and after couple hours I already feel like I hate eating?

Is it normal? Is it placebo x10 effect? I had this steak on my mind now I don't even want it?

What is food? Do we need to eat? Can I not eat and not die? Am I invincible?

But really though when is it supposed to work and do the effects wear off over time?

Do I need to inject it more frequently
than once a week?
20220714_150737.jpg

Reminder to take on empty stomach and don’t eat for 30 mins after taking for best absorption

It was $170 for (30) 14mg tabs. I’m doing 7mg a day so it’s $170 for 2 months. It’s expensive but not too horrible.
I'd love it if both of you two could update this thread after a few days with results on appetite. I've had a 10 pack in my drawer and just bought 10 more.

My understanding is that this should work pretty quickly, as in days. Also I see the it's recommended to start at 3mg a day, but breaking the 14mg into 3 pieces probably won't work too well.

Does anyone know how quickly the tolerance is fading away? Like when I used to take 1mg/week for several weeks and then stop for 2 weeks, do you guys think I will be already fresh to start with only 0.25mg again? Im not even sure if there is any tolerance at all or just as soon as the drug leaves the body I have to restart again with 0.25mg?
I'd love it if both of you two could update this thread after a few days with results on appetite. I've had a 10 pack in my drawer and just bought 10 more.

My understanding is that this should work pretty quickly, as in days. Also I see the it's recommended to start at 3mg a day, but breaking the 14mg into 3 pieces probably won't work too well.
The pill is a weird oblong shape and the pill cutter won’t cut it into thirds well. You’re right haha. My understanding with the reading is that the 3mg dose is just to make sure there are no side effects. It’s not a good therapeutic dose. Because the pill is such a weird shape, I’m confident that the amount I’m getting each day is not exactly 7mg. But since it’s got a long ass half life eventually I’ll have a decent amount of the active ingredient in my system that it won’t matter too much.

I actually ordered the injectable version. I have a couple weeks worth.

More bang for my buck. 60$ for 10 days of product was not ideal for me.

I got 6-8 weeks worth coming on Monday. Excited to try it, also afraid because even caffeine makes me unable to eat some days.

I wasn’t paying attention last night because I was handling some things but now that I’m thinking back on it, I wasn’t hungry last night. Right before bed is usually my worst in terms of hunger. I have horrible pangs. I give in to them and beat myself up all the time. But I didn’t feel that at all. I was able to focus on other things and went to bed without thinking about food. Today I haven’t thought about food either. I had my eggs for breakfast but feel like I could have done without them. And now I don’t really need lunch. I’m not craving anything.

I wasn’t paying attention last night because I was handling some things but now that I’m thinking back on it, I wasn’t hungry last night. Right before bed is usually my worst in terms of hunger. I have horrible pangs. I give in to them and beat myself up all the time. But I didn’t feel that at all. I was able to focus on other things and went to bed without thinking about food. Today I haven’t thought about food either. I had my eggs for breakfast but feel like I could have done without them. And now I don’t really need lunch. I’m not craving anything.
Man I have no problem eating on ozempic .You can still lose weight. Don't be afraid to eat... this stuff still makes you lose weight even if you're still eating your meals. I've lost 30 pounds so far.

This would be amazing to experience. Food drives my entire schedule almost and I don’t want any more mass anyways. What are the downsides to this amazing sounding drug?

I don't know what's so amazing, maybe it is for people that can't control their appetite and have no will power...

For me it's just too much, I struggle to eat over 2000 calories (clean). I'm gonna stop taking it.

Unless you're 8-10% REAL not internet, or a competitor, fitness model etc. then there is no point. Just adjust your damn diet and move more.

I don't know what's so amazing, maybe it is for people that can't control their appetite and have no will power...

For me it's just too much, I struggle to eat over 2000 calories (clean). I'm gonna stop taking it.

Unless you're 8-10% REAL not internet, or a competitor, fitness model etc. then there is no point. Just adjust your damn diet and move more.
It is for blood glucose control. Losing weight is more of a kinda nice side effect, that for most obese diabetics is great to have.

Your ability to slam bigger meals and more kals will come back once you get used to the drug (takes some time, couple weeks for most) and then the actual bg control is still doing its job while you can eat as much as before.

This would be amazing to experience. Food drives my entire schedule almost and I don’t want any more mass anyways. What are the downsides to this amazing sounding drug?
I read a lot of reviews on diabetes forums to see what the majority of the sides were. Many people complained of constipation and severe nausea and headaches. Nausea was the most common and caused many people to stop the drug. But that could easily be counteracted with zofran if the patient didn’t want to give up.

I read a lot of reviews on diabetes forums to see what the majority of the sides were. Many people complained of constipation and severe nausea and headaches. Nausea was the most common and caused many people to stop the drug. But that could easily be counteracted with zofran if the patient didn’t want to give up.
Alot of nausea is secondary to acid reflux. famotadine twice a day can fix it pretty well

Just what I think: they take the drug exactly as it is generally advised, so if they still experience side effects after the first 4 weeks of 0.25mg, why do they increase the dose to 0.5mg/week? I personally wouldnt. So many may be fine with it, some are not.

Coming from the guy that had a tummmy ache and couldn’t stop crying about it. Some people have will power in different aspects of life. Yours may be being able to not eat or whatever but don’t act all Billy bad ass cause other ppl enjoy food.

Coming from the guy that had a tummmy ache and couldn’t stop crying about it. Some people have will power in different aspects of life. Yours may be being able to not eat or whatever but don’t act all Billy bad ass cause other ppl enjoy food.
Okay, I'm sorry for being a dick. I should not have said it, you're right.

Okay, I'm sorry for being a dick. I should not have said it, you're right.
No reason to apologize bud, this place is a forum and a good forum because it’s not monitored to close. Im just saying, some ppl like yourself it’s awesome that you consider food fuel, some others like myself lol know it’s fuel but love the taste of a big ol bowl of fettuccine Alfredo ha !! All good brother

No reason to apologize bud, this place is a forum and a good forum because it’s not monitored to close. Im just saying, some ppl like yourself it’s awesome that you consider food fuel, some others like myself lol know it’s fuel but love the taste of a big ol bowl of fettuccine Alfredo ha !! All good brother
Exactly. I made a huge lifestyle change. I put down the fork. I eat clean. But damn… I love that fettuccine Alfredo too man. And if they have all you can eat at Olive Garden, I want my moneys worth right? Ha! I’m able to say no, but I really don’t like saying no.

Yea. I enjoy food too much.

When I wasn't lifting I would do a form of IF just to have a normal meal/drinks with my wife. I would probably eat little to nothing for breakfast/lunch and focus it all on dinner to have a nice meal.

So basically this just help with appetite for people who cant limit their calories? And it has the effect of glucose control also (like metformin).

Is it any benefit for people who count calories and keep BG in check?