Ozempic (semaglutide) wtf?

lukiss96

So I have finally decided to use it this strange pen, I injected 36 clicks which is 0.5mg (right?) and after couple hours I already feel like I hate eating?

Is it normal? Is it placebo x10 effect? I had this steak on my mind now I don't even want it?

What is food? Do we need to eat? Can I not eat and not die? Am I invincible?

But really though when is it supposed to work and do the effects wear off over time?

Do I need to inject it more frequently
than once a week?
20220714_150737.jpg

So I think the split dosing that you see some of us do was based off of semaglutide(generic). not the actual brand name. There is clearly something different about the brand name.
No I read that here and on reddit, too, and it wasnt about any generic, it was about ozempic or wegovy (both pharmacy semaglutide).

Yes, you're absolutely correct. I have some mental issues and sometimes my emotions are out of hand, but it's much, much better now and I really put in a lot of effort to battle it and I have successfully overcame it. Sometimes it's back but not like it was before.

A lot of bipolar people have manic/depressive phases. But I understand that you probably know it even better than me, as you seem so educated on a lot of things :)

I'm truly trying to be good, positive and helpful person but sometimes I just get this phase where I'm too aggressive and self centered and can't control anger.

Sorry, I got too much in to it... nobody needs to read this bs...

I'm just trying to be transparent and honest with people :)

You're a good guy and very helpful.
It's common. I had a similar diagnosis. But I tend to cycle mentally many years apart. The meds they give you for that are just pure poison.

are any of you tracking calories or just using this to not eat?

Fore example you would normally starve at 2k, but now you feel fine?

Or are you just winging it "I took this shit I only ate lunch" so im getting skinnier, the end?

If your not tracking calories, you are you ensuring your not going to lose muscle too? Say it makes you eat 500 calories a day for a week?

Or are you just winging it "I took this shit I only ate lunch" so im getting skinnier, the end?

If your not tracking calories, you are you ensuring your not going to lose muscle too? Say it makes you eat 500 calories a day for a week?
I was having a hard time binge eating way over 2k. I have a bad relationship with food. I was working on it naturally without medication and was doing somewhat okay but it was painful in my brain constantly fighting myself (if that makes sense). I would fuck up and eat at night because I take a medication before bed that causes extreme hunger and weight gain. Since I’ve started sema I haven’t had a single thought or fight with myself at night. And it’s ridiculously easy to keep under 2k. Food is fuel now which absolutely blows my mind. I totally could go without eating all day. But that’s not safe or beneficial.

Taking 0.25 mg is the directions from ozympic. The first month of taking 25 mg I lost over 20 lbs. If you don't have a lot of fat after that the weight loss comes very slowly but you still lose weight. When I started I was 226 and now I'm 197. I want to lose 10 more pounds and then I'll be done LOL
Have you used it before? What’s it like when you come off? Is there a rebound effect like a lot diets(I know it’s obviously not the same) but I’m curious. I want to try it but it seems like there has to be a catch

I woke up so late for work amd didn’t eat breakfast or bring a lunch.

Was going to go get some food but said fuck it. Just wait until I get home. Been 10 hours and I’m hungry but i genuinely don’t care.

Also I eat prob 2500 a day at most on this simply because I haven’t lifted this week. Only some cardio. Been dealing with a lot more at work haven’t had the chance to go.

Monday I’ll kick it back up to 3000 with lift and cardio

Dude you should take your roid rage and go somewhere else. I will follow the advice of some members here and divide the once weekly shot of 0.25mg into 2 shots. its that simple. not sure what you are calculating there, i injected 0.14mg to begin with and the next will be 0.11mg (8 clicks on the pen).

anyway, thanks for your reply. Keep in mind I had my last shot of 1.5mg dulaglutid last thursday so it is still somehow active and I am not interested in testing how well they act together, so I start slowly and work my way up.
My manly musk just intimidates you.

I'll laugh if the pens don't let you decrease dose like Genos though (because they're designed for titrating up as it is done in practice and not up and down like some piss sitter that assumes I kept in mind that he took his last shot of blablafuckingbla fucking when).

I don't eat a ton of calories ever...2000-2300ish. At 47 metabolism is shit. On semiglutide I've lost 31 pounds and no cardio besides like 10 walks in 3 months. I try to eat 200g protein. 200g carbs and 50g-70g fats (salmon puts me over 50). Once I lean out a bit more and maintain I may up carbs/ protein to gain some more muscle. Not trying to be super big. Just look good for my age. Training 5x a week ..upped it from 3x a week recently.

Last edited:
Have you used it before? What’s it like when you come off? Is there a rebound effect like a lot diets(I know it’s obviously not the same) but I’m curious. I want to try it but it seems like there has to be a catch
I quit for a month. No weight gain. Restarted it after new pack landed. I would like to stay on 1mg a week if money permits.

Seems like I have already built up some tolerance from using other GLP-1s before. I injected another 0.11mg so total of 0.25mg now but can only slightly feel anything. My gf who tried it for the first time ever is feeling kinda crushed by 0.14mg lol. I might up the dose to 0.5mg total by tomorrow.

Seems like I have already built up some tolerance from using other GLP-1s before. I injected another 0.11mg so total of 0.25mg now but can only slightly feel anything. My gf who tried it for the first time ever is feeling kinda crushed by 0.14mg lol. I might up the dose to 0.5mg total by tomorrow.
Just curious what are you expecting to feel?

I personally don’t necessarily feel anything on it. The only side effect I have is being constantly thirsty and my shits take a little more effort.

It doesn’t suppress my appetite like a stimulant. Good doesn’t make me nauseous i just don’t think about food what so ever.

Maybe @Type-IIx can give me some insight here. It’s almost like my ghrelin secretion is greatly decreased. Or is this just due to the insulin secretion?

I personally don’t necessarily feel anything on it. The only side effect I have is being constantly thirsty and my shits take a little more effort.

It doesn’t suppress my appetite like a stimulant. Good doesn’t make me nauseous i just don’t think about food what so ever.

Maybe @Type-IIx can give me some insight here. It’s almost like my ghrelin secretion is greatly decreased. Or is this just due to the insulin secretion?
There are a couple things I always had with other GLP-1s like slightly less hunger, some fullness after meals and so on. Right now I dont feel anything, good or bad. Its very likely my GLP-1 tolerance. I will shot another 0.25mg tomorrow and see how it goes. My gf has all the positive effects and also sides with just 0.14mg so it's gotta be me.

He Didn’t say every 3 days he said twice a week, it just happened to fall 3 days off from his 1st shot … he also said his second shot would be lower.
If I erred, it was by responding to the information that was within the post replied to initially. Similar errors might be made by judging me based on that initial reply - you might think I'm not a very nice person. IRL, I pet puppies and have never murdered anyone that didn't deserve it.

GLP-1 agonists' appetite suppressive effects are related to the direct effects (central & peripheral) of GLP-1 activation - including decreased gastric emptying, loss of body fat, lowered food intake, and altered food preference. This is independent of any action on Ghrelin.

In fact, a GLP-1 agonist added to Metformin increases (plasma) Ghrelin in T2DM patients. Rizzo M, Abate N, Chandalia M, Rizvi AA, Giglio RV, Nikolic D, Marino Gammazza A, Barbagallo I, Isenovic ER, Banach M, Montalto G, Li Volti G. Liraglutide reduces oxidative stress and restores heme oxygenase-1 and ghrelin levels in patients with type 2 diabetes: a prospective pilot study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Feb;100(2):603-6. doi: 10.1210/jc.2014-2291.

I don't eat a ton of calories ever...2000-2300ish. At 47 metabolism is shit. On semiglutide I've lost 31 pounds and no cardio besides like 10 walks in 3 months. I try to eat 200g protein. 200g carbs and 50g-70g fats (salmon puts me over 50). Once I lean out a bit more and maintain I may up carbs/ protein to gain some more muscle. Not trying to be super big. Just look good for my age. Training 5x a week ..upped it from 3x a week recently.
Id be starving on those calories. so essentially this peptide makes you not hungry at your normal calorie intake (where I assume you were before)? So it makes it easier to adhere to low calorie diets?

Sponsors