Palifter’s competition log

Hey Pal, since your show is pretty soon I think, how is your mood? You never seem to talk about how you feel. What is your mood like? How do you deal with being so deprived and grinding and training so much? Tell us more about it. I think it's pretty important part of the log too.
Sure, I feel like crap lol. Very little energy and any energy I do have for a given day, I try my best to bottle it up and save it for my training sessions.

I’ve done this enough times to know this feeling is only temporary and if anything, a good indicator you’re truly getting stage lean. I just embrace the suck, put my head down and get the job done. My competition doesn’t care if I’m not feeling great and they won’t hold back on stage in 2 weeks.

There’s nothing worse than knowing you could’ve done more when you’re back stage, not even this current lethargic death feeling. You gotta dig deep and find your “why” when you’re this far in.

Sure, I feel like crap lol. Very little energy and any energy I do have for a given day, I try my best to bottle it up and save it for my training sessions.

I’ve done this enough times to know this feeling is only temporary and if anything, a good indicator you’re truly getting stage lean. I just embrace the suck, put my head down and get the job done. My competition doesn’t care if I’m not feeling great and they won’t hold back on stage in 2 weeks.

There’s nothing worse than knowing you could’ve done more when you’re back stage, not even this current lethargic death feeling. You gotta dig deep and find your “why” when you’re this far in.
Man I gotta print this and frame it and read it when hard times hit! :D

I actually had a feeling that you're feeling like this, that's why I asked, sometimes it gets better and at least someone asks about it. Awesome that you stay positive friend ;)

Good things are coming your way, I believe in you and hope you smoke them all!

Just ordered a bunch of cookies from this company for post show. I have high hopes

Just ordered a bunch of cookies from this company for post show. I have high hopes

How do you plan to keep them post not before competition? It's so easy to slip, it always happens like I'll take one, then another one and you see that there are none left :D

I know you have iron will power, but it's a slippery slope.

How do you plan to keep them post not before competition? It's so easy to slip, it always happens like I'll take one, then another one and you see that there are none left :D

I know you have iron will power, but it's a slippery slope.
lol it’s simple, I want to win more than I want to eat cookies

lol it’s simple, I want to win more than I want to eat cookies
hes-ready-5a79e4.jpg

Leg day yesterday:

Adductor machine 4x15
Leg extensions 4 x12
Seated leg curl 4x12
Horizontal leg press 4x12
Pit shark 4x12
Single leg press 4x12
Seated calf raise 4x20

Simple and sweet. Got a great pump and got out of there.

I checked in this morning. I will be limiting myself to 100g of carbs for the day- spread out peri workout. Check in again tomorrow.

Also, I got my steak and fries on Saturday from Texas Roadhouse. It had been years since I’d been there and I recall thinking it wasn’t half bad…not this time. Got their 16oz sirloin (wanted a leaner cut) and it was supposed to be medium, sucker came well done and dry. I still devoured it (was seasoned well and had good flavor) along with the soggy fries but man was that disappointing to blow my refeed meal on such a place :(
How to train legs on 100 grams of carbohydrates seems very difficult to me.
Yes, it’s a shame when you are waiting for a refeed and want it to be tasty, but in fact the food is not happy.

Lol I can't even have cereal in my house, I have zero self.control when it comes to cereal, I could literally.eat a damn salad bowl of it
I really like life cereal but what i do is crunch the bag until is fine granuls or sugar like consistancy, i put a little bit of herseys syrup on top and then milk. Wow! Its incredible like this. I eat the whole box

I really like life cereal but what i do is crunch the bag until is fine granuls or sugar like consistancy, i put a little bit of herseys syrup on top and then milk. Wow! Its incredible like this. I eat the whole box
I sometimes like to eat them dry, I don’t know what kind of passion, but I like it

10 days out!

No major changes. This is my 3rd day on 100g carbs. I’ve been responding well and tightening daily on this. My calories are around 2000-2100cals. Pretty much zombie mode at this point lol.

Rear double bi from this morning. This has been a good pose for me but I still need to drive my wrists back more to make delts and arms pop more. My mobility is total crap in the morning so even hitting this pose is a struggle.
8F6B4729-C4B6-4559-9A96-4FDA7E552CC0.jpeg

Also, shout out to @GoodLyfe for some stellar halo. Since adding this, I’ve noticed a definite hardening effect. Halo can be very hit or miss and this is textbook halo effect.

B14AC5FF-7911-4BE5-9677-EF72CB410980.jpeg

Last edited:
10 days out!

No major changes. This is my 3rd day on 100g carbs. I’ve been responding well and tightening daily on this. My calories are around 2000-2100cals. Pretty much zombie mode at this point lol.

Rear double bi from this morning. This has been a good pose for me but I still need to drive my wrists back more to make delts and arms pop more. My mobility is total crap in the morning so even hitting this pose is a struggle.
View attachment 170575

Also, shout out to @GoodLyfe for some stellar halo. Since adding this, I’ve noticed a definite hardening effect. Halo can be very hit or miss and this is textbook halo effect.

View attachment 170576
Actively follow and cheer for you, hold on bro. I want better form!