Palifter’s competition log

I meant to ask this previously...but for some reason I couldn't reply to any threads. Maybe mods banned me from posting for no known reason? Anyway, what's the reasoning behind using Mast over Primo? I'm stuck between using those 2 compounds on my next/technically first "blast"/cycle.
The big reason is mast is what my coach had in the plan.

Second to that would be cost and familiarity. Mast is cheaper and I’ve used it in ever prep of mine thus far. Might try out primo this off-season and leading into my next show.

The big reason is mast is what my coach had in the plan.

Second to that would be cost and familiarity. Mast is cheaper and I’ve used it in ever prep of mine thus far. Might try out primo this off-season and leading into my next show.
Obviously whatever you're doing is working! With your experience using Mast, any advice for a first time user? Also any particular sides you notice (good or bad)?

Obviously whatever you're doing is working! With your experience using Mast, any advice for a first time user? Also any particular sides you notice (good or bad)?
I’ve always used mast at the same dose as my test and it’s served me well so that would be my one recommendation.

Mast is pretty forgiving but if you’re prone to MPB, it will speed up hair loss in some individuals so just be aware. No issues on that front for me.

Mast is an overall mild compound but it complements other compounds well and really shines when sub 10% bf.

I’ve always used mast at the same dose as my test and it’s served me well so that would be my one recommendation.

Mast is pretty forgiving but if you’re prone to MPB, it will speed up hair loss in some individuals so just be aware. No issues on that front for me.

Mast is an overall mild compound but it complements other compounds well and really shines when sub 10% bf.
Mast I like that gives rigidity to the muscles and strength. And well complements Test.

Another food tip for you guys. These popcorn seasonings are great on rice and eggs specifically. I use the ranch on chicken meals and a cheddar variation on my eggs whites in the morning. Worth a try!

It’s in the snack/popcorn section at most grocery stores.

E6A85E45-746D-4ADC-A942-62B5ACC0B089.jpeg

Chest day yesterday:

Pec deck - 4x12-15
Incline smith bench - 4x 8-12
Flat standing press (custom piece) - 4x8-12
BW dips - 4 sets, last 2 to failure
Cable fly - 4x12

Nothing revolutionary here. I begin my chest days these days with a good isolation movement where I focus on form and TUT. If I go straight into a pressing movement, my delts will take over instead of my intended targeted muscle. This allows me to connect with my chest and fill it with blood - although pumps these days are far and few.

Feeling tired this week. Workouts are a chore as is cardio. Hopefully this push will shed a little more body fat. I send check in pics tomorrow am and go from there!

Let’s get it!

Chest day yesterday:

Pec deck - 4x12-15
Cable fly - 4x12

Nothing revolutionary here. I begin my chest days these days with a good isolation movement where I focus on form and TUT. If I go straight into a pressing movement, my delts will take over instead of my intended targeted muscle. This allows me to connect with my chest and fill it with blood - although pumps these days are far and few.

Feeling tired this week. Workouts are a chore as is cardio. Hopefully this push will shed a little more body fat. I send check in pics tomorrow am and go from there!

Let’s get it!
My chest is one of my best parts, and even so, my shoulders have always gotten involved to the point they weakened my bench press. I basically stopped flat bench all together, and now do decline hammer press; it basically eliminates the shoulders from the equation for the most part, and the best part is: no more shoulder pain.

My chest is one of my best parts, and even so, my shoulders have always gotten involved to the point they weakened my bench press. I basically stopped flat bench all together, and now do decline hammer press; it basically eliminates the shoulders from the equation for the most part, and the best part is: no more shoulder pain.
Agreed, haven’t flat benched in years. There’s just no need outside of ego. The standing flat bench piece my gym had custom made almost hits the same line or trajectory as a decline hammer strength machine so it works well.

I still wish my gym had more mainstream machines. They’ve got some funky awkward pieces on their floor that they swear by.

Agreed, haven’t flat benched in years. There’s just no need outside of ego. The standing flat bench piece my gym had custom made almost hits the same line or trajectory as a decline hammer strength machine so it works well.

I still wish my gym had more mainstream machines. They’ve got some funky awkward pieces on their floor that they swear by.
Standing BP; you have a pic of this thing?

So if I lift from home, and just have a bench and half rack, what would you do instead of flat? Incline?

So if I lift from home, and just have a bench and half rack, what would you do instead of flat? Incline?
Yes incline or you could try to create a slight decline by putting a plate or 2 under the bench itself. I’m a big fan of incline press however. Bread and butter move for me.

Chest day yesterday:

Pec deck - 4x12-15
Cable fly - 4x12

Let’s get it!

All set is to failure? Or you work in ramping like Meadows?

All set is to failure? Or you work in ramping like Meadows?
This close to show, I’d say I take zero of my sets to failure. Not worth the risk of injury. I leave 1-2 reps in the tank. Doesn’t take long to get exhausted during training these days with the lack of glycogen and high movement throughout the day.

Peak off-season, I would usually do the last 2 sets to failure for each movement. Sometimes also adding in an intensifier the last set - rest pause, strip set, assisted reps etc.