personal log, road to first competition 2024 autumn

What ester of test?

Dropping 10 days out - if it is cypionate or enanthate you will still be holding a lot of water on show day.

You're still approximately 12 weeks out. I would have left the NPP in, at least a small amount for another 6 weeks.

Why is the masteron dose so high?

Is there a noticeable benefit for you in running the testosterone higher than a gram to 1.2 grams? No harsh side effects or diminishing returns?

Last edited:
What ester of test?

Dropping 10 days out - if it is cypionate or enanthate you will still be holding a lot of water on show day.

You're still approximately 12 weeks out. I would have left the NPP in, at least a small amount for another 6 weeks.

Why is the masteron dose so high?

Is there a noticeable benefit for you in running the testosterone higher than a gram to 1.2 grams? No harsh side effects or diminishing returns?
cypionate - what's your suggestion when should I drop it? take into consideration that it's my first show, i'd like to play it safe, rather hold a little water than flatten out completely

NPP an I are not good friends. Lately my marriage is going through a rougher period, addig it is like playing with mathces next to a puddle of gasoline

I've ran mast this high for a 3 week period in the prep and I tolerated it really well, estrogen control + a bit of a mood boost for the caloric deficit

As for test, I tolerated it really well at 175 mg/day (I pin ED, that adds up to 1225/week). I'm experimenting bumping up to 250mg/day, If I feel shit on it I'll back it down. I only plan to ran it this high for 6 weeks approx, don't want to leave any gains on the table. I'm takin 25mg asin EOD and will bump it up to 50mg when i titrated up to that dose

i know the smart approach is least effective dose but i'm going the most tolerable dose way. (oNlY gOD cAn JudGe mE lol .. but u get the point)

also if anyone has any tips and advice for peak week carb and salt manipulation dont keep it to yourselves ;)

current game plan -without doing much research which i will when the event approaches - is to bury carbs on the last week and have a high day on thursday and friday before the saturday show to load up

cypionate - what's your suggestion when should I drop it? take into consideration that it's my first show, i'd like to play it safe, rather hold a little water than flatten out completely

Let me preface my statement by saying that I am not a bodybuilding coach, nor am I some impressive bodybuilder. Just an amateur who won a show once (LOL), and I do not compete anymore.

But here is what I did.

I stopped using Cypionate 3-5 weeks out ( I don't remember exactly - I calculated half lives so that it would be gone by show day) and switched to propionate.

I stopped using prop 10 days out - intentionally letting it clear entirely from my system, while introducing an AI to get rid of estrogen, too. No test, no estrogen. Who cares what you feel like? All that matters is how you look on show day.

I used mast and tren as injectables, and as I went from carb depleted to carb loading for the show, introduced superdrol and halo orals. Just a little at first, and more as show day approached. I may not have touched the halo until the day or two before the show, just going off memory.

NO danger of going flat, and NO water between my skin and muscles.

I experimented with anadrol, which swelled the muscle, but it washed out all of my lines, inserting a film of water between the muscle and skin that was visible within an hour or so of taking it, so anadrol was out.

I maximized my carb load for the evening before until I started to spilled over (water washing out striations), and then the next 24 hours or so were just a game of water and carbohydrate intake keeping as full as possible but backing off some if the lines started to blur. A lot of time in front of the mirror and my wife helping me keep an eye on it so I could adjust my carb intake.

My goal was to have nothing between the skin and muscle, and it worked.

You do not want to be holding any water at all. You do not want any fat at all. You can beat bigger guys by better conditioning.

You do not need testosterone to not be flat. Other things can accomplish the goal. Maybe experiment a bit or check with others to see what they did. Above is what I did.

Others feel free to attack if you wish, but I did not want to risk looking watery at all, especially after dieting so hard and getting so lean. I went much further cutting than other experienced eyes said I should have done, and it paid off. The audience loved it. The judges loved it.

Come in as shredded as you possibly can and do not risk any watery appearance. If you can experiment some with the watery appearance (like I did with the anadrol), then do so and figure out what works for you. But you cannot experiment with Testosterone Cypionate. Once it is there, it is there for weeks. So I got rid of it weeks prior. Test prop is there for days, so I got rid of it days prior.

Mast and tren do not show water under the skin, so they stayed in all the way through the show.

Let me preface my statement by saying that I am not a bodybuilding coach, nor am I some impressive bodybuilder. Just an amateur who won a show once (LOL), and I do not compete anymore.

But here is what I did.

I stopped using Cypionate 3-5 weeks out ( I don't remember exactly - I calculated half lives so that it would be gone by show day) and switched to propionate.

I stopped using prop 10 days out - intentionally letting it clear entirely from my system, while introducing an AI to get rid of estrogen, too. No test, no estrogen. Who cares what you feel like? All that matters is how you look on show day.

I used mast and tren as injectables, and as I went from carb depleted to carb loading for the show, introduced superdrol and halo orals. Just a little at first, and more as show day approached. I may not have touched the halo until the day or two before the show, just going off memory.

NO danger of going flat, and NO water between my skin and muscles.

I experimented with anadrol, which swelled the muscle, but it washed out all of my lines, inserting a film of water between the muscle and skin that was visible within an hour or so of taking it, so anadrol was out.

I maximized my carb load for the evening before until I started to spilled over (water washing out striations), and then the next 24 hours or so were just a game of water and carbohydrate intake keeping as full as possible but backing off some if the lines started to blur. A lot of time in front of the mirror and my wife helping me keep an eye on it so I could adjust my carb intake.

My goal was to have nothing between the skin and muscle, and it worked.

You do not want to be holding any water at all. You do not want any fat at all. You can beat bigger guys by better conditioning.

You do not need testosterone to not be flat. Other things can accomplish the goal. Maybe experiment a bit or check with others to see what they did. Above is what I did.

Others feel free to attack if you wish, but I did not want to risk looking watery at all, especially after dieting so hard and getting so lean. I went much further cutting than other experienced eyes said I should have done, and it paid off. The audience loved it. The judges loved it.

Come in as shredded as you possibly can and do not risk any watery appearance. If you can experiment some with the watery appearance (like I did with the anadrol), then do so and figure out what works for you. But you cannot experiment with Testosterone Cypionate. Once it is there, it is there for weeks. So I got rid of it weeks prior. Test prop is there for days, so I got rid of it days prior.

Mast and tren do not show water under the skin, so they stayed in all the way through the show.
Thank you for this.

also if anyone has any tips and advice for peak week carb and salt manipulation dont keep it to yourselves ;)

current game plan -without doing much research which i will when the event approaches - is to bury carbs on the last week and have a high day on thursday and friday before the saturday show to load up

John Jewett (J3 university) puts out some good content on Instagram and his podcast on iTunes.

A coach also won’t be a big financial hit and would help you tremendously.

He is also a fan of being ready well before the show and “experimenting” with peaking to find out what’s best vs just winging it on show day it seems