Refillable injector pen

Got a cheap but presumably real (Lilly) Humapen Savvio. Works with the 3ml humalog cartridges, does up to 60 units in 1 unit (0.01ml) increments. Seems well built, crisper action and less wobbly than the knockoff Ergos.

Bought it from Mark's Marine in Canada (canshipmeds). Search on their website sucks and their shipping is slow and expensive, but they don't require a prescription for ship to US.

Also got a Novopen 4 which only takes the threaded cartridges -- has anyone found a way to get empties for it?
I believe that there are sellers of USED NovoNordisk cartridges on AliExpress. Somewhere I read that you can buy these used cartridges solely for the purpose of removing the plastic, threaded part and attaching it to your new, clean cartridges.

A couple of other ways to fill these cartridges rather than the two-needle method:

1) Hold the cartridge down firmly onto a flat surface so that the bung cannot be forced out by overpressuring the cartridge. Inject as much liquid as possible (will be around 1mL), then vent cartridge by first assuring that fill needle is in air space above liquid and then pull out and remove plunger from syringe. If you have a syringe style that does not allow removal of the plunger, then you can carefully detach the needle from the syringe (make sure you draw a little air into the syringe first or it will spew). Repeat until cartridge is filled.

2) Insert your fill needle without syringe attached (or with plunger removed). Use the insulin pen or a syringe plunger to push the bung into the cartridge all the way. Now attach your filled syringe to the fill needle and fill the cartridge. Bung will easily slide down as cartridge is filled. If you don't have detachable needle fill syringe, then you will have to remove syringe, re-insert plunger, fill syringe, then re-insert into cartridge and fill.

Some will say that method #1 is less sanitary than two-needle method and that method #2 exposes inside wall of cartridge to contamination. Both true. However, I don't believe that any of these cartridges were ever sterilized in the first place. Based on what I've read, I believe that these components are shipped from the manufacturer as "Washed, Ready for Sterilization." Everything I've read indicates that pharmaceutical regs require the end user/packager to be responsible for sterilization as sterilization must occur as closely as possible in time and space to preparation of final product. I think that these sellers on AliExpress are just assembling the components (glass, bung, septa, cap) and slapping them into a sterilization pouch (which, BTW, has NOT been through a sterilizer) to make things look copacetic.

Last edited:
Here's a business opportunity for someone with more free time than myself. Buy the components separately. Here are two USA sources (although they seem to be the same company):

Those two websites have all the components and tools that you would need, except for an autoclave and sterilization pouches. You would need a legit autoclave with drying function, not a pressure cooker as the pressure cooker results in wet packs, which are considered to be contaminated the moment they are exposed to outside air. I suggest autoclaving the glass and components separately outside of pouches, then assembling the cartridges with bung pushed all the way in, inserting in pouches, and sterilizing again. That way the end user could insert the fill needle through the sterilization pouch into the cartridge and then open the pouch once the cartridge was completely filled. Sell them in bundles of 6 or 12. I would be happy to pay double what the AliExpress ones cost. You're welcome.

Finally tried this thing out.
According to the spread sheet;
2 x 15iu hgh
1 x 5mg BPC
Into 3ml.
15 clicks gets me around 3iu and 500mcg a day if I dose twice.
Hope my math is right.

Finally tried this thing out.
According to the spread sheet;
2 x 15iu hgh
1 x 5mg BPC
Into 3ml.
15 clicks gets me around 3iu and 500mcg a day if I dose twice.
Hope my math is right.
I thought mixing hgh with BPC or other peptides was a no-no?

30iu hgh in 3ml would be 10iu/mL
5mg BPC on 3mL would be 1.66mg/mL

15 clicks is .15mL

.15 x 10 = 1.5iu hgh
.15 x 1.66 = 250mcg BPC

Hope my math is right; I would hate to look stupid trying to help out.

I thought mixing hgh with BPC or other peptides was a no-no?

30iu hgh in 3ml would be 10iu/mL
5mg BPC on 3mL would be 1.66mg/mL

15 clicks is .15mL

.15 x 10 = 1.5iu hgh
.15 x 1.66 = 250mcg BPC

Hope my math is right; I would hate to look stupid trying to help out.
Looks like we got the same results.
Zero issues so far.
No cloudiness.
Didn't grow any new limbs yet

Hi guys

If anyone is using an injector pen for both water based peptides as well as their oils , did you just get the two of the same pens and label them ?

Looking at buying pens for both wife and I for both oils and peptides. So far the consensus seems that the huma pen is the best one although it only comes in blue color.

Did you guys get a different brand /model for your oils or do you use the same kind of pen but have it labeled ?

Thank you

Got a cheap but presumably real (Lilly) Humapen Savvio. Works with the 3ml humalog cartridges, does up to 60 units in 1 unit (0.01ml) increments. Seems well built, crisper action and less wobbly than the knockoff Ergos.

Bought it from Mark's Marine in Canada (canshipmeds). Search on their website sucks and their shipping is slow and expensive, but they don't require a prescription for ship to US.

Also got a Novopen 4 which only takes the threaded cartridges -- has anyone found a way to get empties for it?
Super cheap like $10 + shipping i got one too… what cartridges did u use?

Super cheap like $10 + shipping i got one too… what cartridges did u use?

Looks great and hopefully faster shipping from Canada than from China for the ergo pens. I’m assuming all Lilly cartridges have similar attachments ? So we can order the Chinese ones posted top of the thread along the ergo knock offs ?

Wish this site sold other colors of savvvio. Would be perfect to have different ones for oils.

Looks great and hopefully faster shipping from Canada than from China for the ergo pens. I’m assuming all Lilly cartridges have similar attachments ? So we can order the Chinese ones posted top of the thread along the ergo knock offs ?

Wish this site sold other colors of savvvio. Would be perfect to have different ones for oils.
Ill order a few if so and label them

Has anyone found a more solid designed pen for humalog 3ml cartridges, that has stainless steel internal parts versus plastic parts?

Has anyone found a more solid designed pen for humalog 3ml cartridges, that has stainless steel internal parts versus plastic parts?
The Savvio has what appears to be a stainless steel screw. Very smooth action. If you take out the cartridge to refrigerate in-between administering injections, when you re-insert cartridge there is a little trick to skipping the need to prime. If you hold the pen body (with cartridge holder detached) so that the screw fully extends by gravity (may have to jiggle it), you can insert the screw & pusher inside the cartridge and then gently push on and attach the cartridge holder to the pen body. There must be no needle attached for this to work. If you do it correctly there will be no need to prime the pen. You might want to dial "1" and push the button after you've attached the needle just to be sure the needle is filled, especially if your dose is small. But usually after attaching the needle, there will be just enough pressure in the cartridge to push a drop or two out. I don't know if any of the other pens will work this way or not.IMG_3787.jpg

Last edited:
The Savvio has what appears to be a stainless steel screw. Very smooth action. If you take out the cartridge to refrigerate in-between administering injections, when you re-insert cartridge there is a little trick to skipping the need to prime. If you hold the pen body (with cartridge holder detached) so that the screw fully extends by gravity (may have to jiggle it), you can insert the screw & pusher inside the cartridge and then gently push on and attach the cartridge holder to the pen body. There must be no needle attached for this to work. If you do it correctly there will be no need to prime the pen. You might want to dial "1" and push the button after you've attached the needle just to be sure the needle is filled, especially if your dose is small. But usually after attaching the needle, there will be just enough pressure in the cartridge to push a drop or two out. I don't know if any of the other pens will work this way or not.View attachment 267807
Thanks

The Savvio has what appears to be a stainless steel screw. Very smooth action. If you take out the cartridge to refrigerate in-between administering injections, when you re-insert cartridge there is a little trick to skipping the need to prime. If you hold the pen body (with cartridge holder detached) so that the screw fully extends by gravity (may have to jiggle it), you can insert the screw & pusher inside the cartridge and then gently push on and attach the cartridge holder to the pen body. There must be no needle attached for this to work. If you do it correctly there will be no need to prime the pen. You might want to dial "1" and push the button after you've attached the needle just to be sure the needle is filled, especially if your dose is small. But usually after attaching the needle, there will be just enough pressure in the cartridge to push a drop or two out. I don't know if any of the other pens will work this way or not.View attachment 267807

I just fridge the whole loaded pen

Not sure what you mean by attachments... the needle tips are standardized across all pens except single-shot pens with non-removable needle, so as long as your pen and cartridge fit together you can use any needle you like.