Refillable injector pen

My cartridges have an internal diameter of 9.47mm, which this guy Backup insulin pens says is a lantus-sized cartridge. Using it with a Canadian-sourced HumaPen savvio, squirting water out of a 32G pen needle, it should be 10mg/unit. I get 9.25mg/dose unit (+/- 0.1mg) by measuring cartridge mass change. I haven't tested with my other pens yet.

The dead space in the cartridge neck looks to be about .075-.100ml, depending on how hard you try to cram out the last unit or two.

The GH Cartridges from QSC are great. You could technically refill those with anything else. Maybe they will sell ya the cartridges alone?
Also included Pictures of the QSC Pen and the carts. Doseing is the same as with a Norditropin Pen.

Attachments

• photo_2023-10-23_12-57-33.jpg
    photo_2023-10-23_12-57-33.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 93
  • photo_2023-10-23_12-57-32.jpg
    photo_2023-10-23_12-57-32.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 87
  • photo_2023-10-23_12-57-31.jpg
    photo_2023-10-23_12-57-31.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 85
  • photo_2023-10-23_12-57-30.jpg
    photo_2023-10-23_12-57-30.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 93
Anyone who wants to buy the Lilly Humapen Savvio... they have them in red and gray here:

In the dropdown there are two lines - add each to your shopping cart to get both colors, and then adjust quantity, etc. as you see fit.

The GH Cartridges from QSC are great. You could technically refill those with anything else. Maybe they will sell ya the cartridges alone?
Also included Pictures of the QSC Pen and the carts. Doseing is the same as with a Norditropin Pen.

Agree they're pretty great but I don't see how you can refill them.

How do you mix the water with the rhGH? Is there some kind of mechanism like with the pharma pens?

This is super impressive! Lots to unpack here. This source might be the best moving forward.

A quick look at their cartridges range shows everything one would need to bottle and sterilise cartridges, just as you would homebrew vials.
Sorry I didn't get an alert that you replied! The cartridges they sell come unassembled and also require you to buy a crimping tool. A buddy bought 10 just to see, and half of them ended up broken in shipping. So I would not recommend.

Hi man I have a question about the cartridge. Do you use a new needle every time you inject? and also are new needles east to find if you use a new one every time?

Hi man I have a question about the cartridge. Do you use a new needle every time you inject? and also are new needles east to find if you use a new one every time?
Of course you have to use a new needle everytime man... come on.. you cant cheap out on your health or you will pay a far bigger price !!!!

Yes ofcourse. The needles are dirt cheap compared to the GH Itself.. 18€ for a box of 100 needles. They are called BD MicroFine. BD Ultra Fine works too.

whoa whoa has no one mentioned how you shouldnt reconstitute gh ahead that shit degrades quickly bro id just reconstitute as needed

What's the consensus on sterilizing the pouched vials from AE?

"All four brands inactivated the microbes contaminating microbiological culture media and on metal implements within 15 mins and 30 mins of run time, respectively. The pressure cookers tested also inactivated high titers of bacteria and fungi, some of which are medically relevant strains, within 15 mins and 60 mins of run time, respectively. Unlike the other brands tested, the Instant Pot was capable of inactivating 106 G. stearothermophilus spores, which indicates that it can sterilize items to the level generally deemed acceptable for laboratory autoclaves. These data demonstrate that the pressure cookers tested are a viable alternative for steam sterilizing laboratory items when an autoclave is unavailable."

This study states that instapot can be used successfully to sterilize. I'd be curious to see if the rubber stopper is negatively impacted and if the pouch indicators change color.

I placed an order for the vials but they won't arrive for some time. I'll post my results. If someone has the vials and a instapot it would be great to get some data.

I've put all 20 of my vials through the "steam" cycle on my instant pot (it's old and doesn't have the "sterilize" setting but steam is supposed to do the same). I did some at 30, 45 and 75 minutes pressure time with natural cooldown.

None of the blue indicators on the sterilization pouches turned completely black, but they reached various stages of darker. The difference between pouches in the same batch was about the same as the difference between batches.

None of the plungers popped out. All of the pouches came out wet but dried off quickly and didn't remain soggy at all. I've injected BPC-157 twice from one of the vials and have not died.

Honestly as cheap as those vials are or cartridges… u could just order a shit ton…. I mean do we reuse 10 ml vials after they are empty? Fuck no…

Honestly as cheap as those vials are or cartridges… u could just order a shit ton…. I mean do we reuse 10 ml vials after they are empty? Fuck no…
This is to sterilize them in the sterilization pouch they come in, before first use. I will not be reusing them after they are empty.

I've put all 20 of my vials through the "steam" cycle on my instant pot (it's old and doesn't have the "sterilize" setting but steam is supposed to do the same). I did some at 30, 45 and 75 minutes pressure time with natural cooldown.

None of the blue indicators on the sterilization pouches turned completely black, but they reached various stages of darker. The difference between pouches in the same batch was about the same as the difference between batches.

None of the plungers popped out. All of the pouches came out wet but dried off quickly and didn't remain soggy at all. I've injected BPC-157 twice from one of the vials and have not died.
So if the plungers remained in position, did the inside get sterilized? Reading through the study, they submersed ampoules with spores in 1.5 liter beaker of water and the ampoules were sterilized. So can we surmise that even if the plunger remained in place, did the inside of the cartridge get sterilized?

I have been running mine through several UV-C cycles before filling just to make me feel better, but would consider running through the Instant Pot if it were a stronger result. Thanks for sharing your testing.

BTW, only using the cartridges once, but am now running 3 pens daily and would certainly entertain a better way to ensure sterilization.

So if the plungers remained in position, did the inside get sterilized? Reading through the study, they submersed ampoules with spores in 1.5 liter beaker of water and the ampoules were sterilized. So can we surmise that even if the plunger remained in place, did the inside of the cartridge get sterilized?

I have been running mine through several UV-C cycles before filling just to make me feel better, but would consider running through the Instant Pot if it were a stronger result. Thanks for sharing your testing.

BTW, only using the cartridges once, but am now running 3 pens daily and would certainly entertain a better way to ensure sterilization.
Nothing inside the pouch, or inside the vial, gets exposed to the steam, but it all gets exposed to the heat. I'm going to call it good enough but I'll be happy to learn more.

Sponsors

Latest posts