Refillable injector pen

I had a used Fiast pen around so I yanked the vial from it. It looks similar to the ones available on aliexpress same grey plunger which seems to be made from some kind of silicone... it past the burn test but that does not mean it will be ok or that the ones on aliexpress are the same, i will submerge it in some BA but its going to take a while to see a change if there is any....

Edit :
Scratch what i said, after further research the fiasp pens plunger is made of styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) and seems to be relatively ok with BA and BB.
Thanks for the update. Helpful.

Hi - I’ve read thru this entire thread and have a few questions for you.

How did you purge the air in the vial after filling it? Was it bc of the 2nd needle u inserted for it to breathe while filling? Or did u pull the air out from the empty syringe after filling?

It’s been over 5 yrs since my last cycle but since I’m now on TRT and need to start a test cycle, I was under the impression that the min needle length you need for IM is 1”, the needle length that you are using is it sufficient to reach IM? And do u mind me asking where are you administering for test to be successful with your needle length?
The second needle allows the air to escape the vial. It is important to do it this way to maintain sterility.

1/2" needles are fine for relatively small volumes into lean areas of the body. I run my cycle through insulin pins via daily delt injections. This is between 0.3 and 0.5ml.

However with the injector pen I find it too difficult to pin delts due to the required hand angle. The only muscle that was good for me to IM was quads. I experimented with doing that daily on cycle. It worked out ok. But next cycle I will go back to insulin pins into the delts.

Now I am cruising on 0.1ml daily and I do this subcutaneously. This couldn't be easier

I just got all my equipment in hand for this project:

Domestic Website Sourced:
- Owen Mumford pens, 20 and 40 unit (ADW Diabetes)
- 5 3ml glass vials (walmart.com: fast stated delivery time but expensive, shipped from China anyway, and not in sterile bags)

Ali Express (Zeyasen Equipment Store):
- 40 glass vials
- 2 Eli Lilly pens, 60 unit dispensing

Hat tip to the Ali Express order, it arrived in 12 days, same as the walmart order.

Filling the glass vial using the vent syringe was super simple, as was using it for the first time with BPC-157. I imagine oil based liquids might be more cumbersome.

The Owen Mumford pens have a one-push trigger, while the Lilly pens require you to continuously push as it clicks thru each dose increment. The Lilly pens also can be "Reset" if you do not want to dispense the entire dose which is nice for when you're purging air.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread - this makes it much easier to travel with my peps this summer!

I just got all my equipment in hand for this project:

Domestic Website Sourced:
- Owen Mumford pens, 20 and 40 unit (ADW Diabetes)
- 5 3ml glass vials (walmart.com: fast stated delivery time but expensive, shipped from China anyway, and not in sterile bags)

Ali Express (Zeyasen Equipment Store):
- 40 glass vials
- 2 Eli Lilly pens, 60 unit dispensing

Hat tip to the Ali Express order, it arrived in 12 days, same as the walmart order.

Filling the glass vial using the vent syringe was super simple, as was using it for the first time with BPC-157. I imagine oil based liquids might be more cumbersome.

The Owen Mumford pens have a one-push trigger, while the Lilly pens require you to continuously push as it clicks thru each dose increment. The Lilly pens also can be "Reset" if you do not want to dispense the entire dose which is nice for when you're purging air.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread - this makes it much easier to travel with my peps this summer!
I'm glad this worked out for you. I won't be going back to syringes for anything other than a cycle dose of AAS.

I'm a little alarmed by the fact that the Walmart glass vials didn't come in a sterile bag. I suppose it's not strictly necessary, but I know I'd prefer it.

Oils are a little more cumbersome only in that it will take a few minutes to fill a bottle through a 29g syringe. Administering oils is not an issue through 29g.

One more recommendation for anyone going down the insulin pen route - practice your filling techniques with water before your valuables. And consider whether some larger syringes might be helpful (3ml/25ga for example).

Reactions: TTK
I've been using my leftover 25ga TRT needles for filling. All you have to do is pop off the syringe and use it as a plunger leaving the needle in as a vent. This makes bleeding simple.

Thanks for this whole thread, guys. It's a game changer... pinning frequency is no longer a factor in planning a cycle.

I've been using my leftover 25ga TRT needles for filling. All you have to do is pop off the syringe and use it as a plunger leaving the needle in as a vent. This makes bleeding simple.

Thanks for this whole thread, guys. It's a game changer... pinning frequency is no longer a factor in planning a cycle.

It's pretty cool to see this taking off.

Tell us more about your cycle plan.

What's your weekly volume going to be?
Subq or IM?

Now just imagine we can find someone crazy enough to sell this ready-made. I’d be willing to shove some cash for getting pre-filled slin pin vials with test. Who else is up?

I thought about doing this last year and had all the gear ready to go. I got the glass vials in from Aliexpress but they don't come sterilized, so I stuck them in a closet and forgot about them. Looking at what's been posted, that seems to remain the case. I just checked again and still don't see any vials that come pre-sterilized on Aliexpress. I'm referring to the vials in the self-sealing pouches. These require sterilization, correct? The pouches are just to keep them sealed and clean for storage after sterilization. Am I missing something or are the vials good enough to use right away and no one has had an issue?

I thought about doing this last year and had all the gear ready to go. I got the glass vials in from Aliexpress but they don't come sterilized, so I stuck them in a closet and forgot about them. Looking at what's been posted, that seems to remain the case. I just checked again and still don't see any vials that come pre-sterilized on Aliexpress. I'm referring to the vials in the self-sealing pouches. These require sterilization, correct? The pouches are just to keep them sealed and clean for storage after sterilization. Am I missing something or are the vials good enough to use right away and no one has had an issue?
The vials are sterilized. If you look at the pouches you will see a coloured box indicator showing that the pouch has been through an autoclave.

The vials are sterilized. If you look at the pouches you will see a coloured box indicator showing that the pouch has been through an autoclave.
The pouch on the ones I have seems to indicate that the initial blue color will turn black if steam sterilized or the pink color will turn yellow if sterilized with ethylene oxide. The pouch doesn't note that the vials are sterile, it just shows that the pouch can be used during sterilization, and I'm assuming it also means the contents will remain sterile until opened. The colors indicate that the contents haven't been sterilized. Of course this only applies to what I have.

The Aliexpress link on page 1 aligns with what I see on my vials. Is there a link to vials that indicate sterility somewhere in the thread that I might have missed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230614_223418_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230614_223418_Photos.jpg
    809.2 KB · Views: 34
The pouch on the ones I have seems to indicate that the initial blue color will turn black if steam sterilized or the pink color will turn yellow if sterilized with ethylene oxide. The pouch doesn't note that the vials are sterile, it just shows that the pouch can be used during sterilization, and I'm assuming it also means the contents will remain sterile until opened. The colors indicate that the contents haven't been sterilized. Of course this only applies to what I have.

The Aliexpress link on page 1 aligns with what I see on my vials. Is there a link to vials that indicate sterility somewhere in the thread that I might have missed?

I think you're on to something.

I've ordered two batches of these. The first batch I remember checking the indicators and was happy that they had been steam sterilized.

The second batch does not.... However I have not used any of them

Unfortunately my first order is unavailable to me as I am travelling.

This is a concern. Thanks for raising it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230615_055647231.jpg
    PXL_20230615_055647231.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 33
I also travel quite a bit as I'm pretty interested in making this work for my needs. In fact, I'm currently out of the country - the picture I have is from when I was still home. I get prescribed TRT, but I only use it for the prescription-labeled vial/container. It's not cheap but I can mix other oils in the vial, in the proper ratios. My biggest concern when traveling has been hgh/peps, but I use diabetes supplies as cover. Btw, I love your idea of bringing the glucose monitor in the kit - brilliant, not sure how I never thought of that.

I see some steam dental autoclaves on eBay for about $160 USD. I know adding in something like this isn't ideal, for money/shelf space, but if sourcing sterile vials isn't possible, I don't see a better solution. I'd love to hear from anyone with lab experience what the best DIY option is, assuming sterility can't be found. I'd certainly pay a premium if offered the convenience of this. Maybe I'll just buy the autoclave and become a sterile vial source here, lol.

How would you sterilize without removing the seal? The cartridges are airtight
Heat and pressure, like how canning works for food preservation even though steam never touches the food. These are two external forces that can sterilize without contacting the equipment. I'm assuming it's similar to how pre-packaged needles and syringes are sterilized, but I really don't know for sure.

I was thinking about a way to test it. It's possible to load a couple of these vials with some sterile water (not bacteriostatic or anything with BA). For best sampling, it would be great to let several of these vials sit inside and outside the fridge for up to a week or so, but having a sample of vials that sat for varying days would be great. Afterwards, inject a few drops from each vial across a handful of agar plates. Mark each plate and document progress. This should be a good way to identify how clean the inside of these vials are, at least from the vendor and batch they came from.

Pressure is out of the question as the plunger would just slide in and then probably blast out when you’re done… but if heat is enough you could just bake em. I don’t know what protocol to follow tho.

Pressure is out of the question as the plunger would just slide in and then probably blast out when you’re done… but if heat is enough you could just bake em. I don’t know what protocol to follow tho.
Good point on the plunger.

I looked up disinfection times for steam sterilization and found the following from the CDC website.

"The two common steam-sterilizing temperatures are 121°C (250°F) and 132°C (270°F). These temperatures (and other high temperatures)830 must be maintained for a minimal time to kill microorganisms. Recognized minimum exposure periods for sterilization of wrapped healthcare supplies are 30 minutes at 121°C (250°F) in a gravity displacement sterilizer or 4 minutes at 132°C (270°F) in a prevacuum sterilizer."

So perhaps a kitchen oven would work if used within these parameters. I assume the dry heat is OK with the heat sealing packaging that the vials arrive in. I'll give it a shot when I return to the country. Maybe I'll even test a few on the agar plates before and after an attempted oven sterilization. I have a DIY flow hood, so it shouldn't be too difficult, I'll just need to source agar plates.

Back