Running check in thread

I would as well. I aim for 10k typically. what's your highest step count for a day/mileage?
8 years ago I ran 2 marathons but let’s not count those. Last year I ran 11 miles at a 10:20 pace and was able to hit 30k plus steps in a day. I stopped running during my last cycle which I lost a ton of endurance so I’m trying to get back to a good baseline. For now my step average is between 13k-18k

told myself if i keep waking up at 5am for no reason i will throw on the 40lb vest and go for a couple mile walk in the morning. hopping on this thread.

Just updated my log not to long ago I guess I’m 225 now I’ll have to downsize a bit
I feel like crap running over 230 pounds.
I feel beat up an get shin splints like a mo fo.
I'd like to cut down a bit and run in a 5k or attempt a 10k I've done many 5's in the past never a full 10k non stop.

I'm just a little taller 6'3 and around 240 right now with more bf than u. At 225 we would be pretty similar.

Right now I'm just walking 1-3 miles every night.

I may try an jump in without the pack.

@Dayzee seeing as we’re friends now, feel free to check in
Thanks for the invite. I run Tuesdays and Fridays 5 miles . Wednesdays I run for 30 mins because then later i do upper body . I do have 12 lb and 20 lb vest for inclined treadmill and stairmaster but don’t use it often. I am only 123lbs. Average heart rate was 154 todays run

Attachments

• IMG_6611.jpeg
    IMG_6611.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for the invite. I run Tuesdays and Fridays 5 miles . Wednesdays I run for 30 mins because then later i do upper body . I do have 12 lb and 20 lb vest for inclined treadmill and stairmaster but don’t use it often. I am only 123lbs. Average heart rate was 154 todays run
Omg at those times ❤️

Omg at those times ❤️
Thanks ! I used to run much more in my early mid 30s. I ran a lot of half marathons , I have done 7 full marathons including two Bostons , and several 10ks and 5ks. I am not really a fan of full marathons tbh lol. I’m just chilling now . I want to get faster tho. You should check out Strava if you not on already.

Thanks ! I used to run much more in my early mid 30s. I ran a lot of half marathons , I have done 7 full marathons including two Bostons , and several 10ks and 5ks. I am not really a fan of full marathons tbh lol. I’m just chilling now . I want to get faster tho. You should check out Strava if you not on already.
Thats extremely impressive, I have 2 full marathons I ran in my early 20s I’m just a lot heavier now not sure if I’ll ever do another one. I just love running, I just use my Apple Watch to track runs, but I’ll check out Strava I’ve heard of it, haven’t tried it.

I’m starting to think work up to a half marathon like @demon i believe he’s got one coming up in a few months here.

Glad you’re here, also very impressed with your times

Thats extremely impressive, I have 2 full marathons I ran in my early 20s I’m just a lot heavier now not sure if I’ll ever do another one. I just love running, I just use my Apple Watch to track runs, but I’ll check out Strava I’ve heard of it, haven’t tried it.

I’m starting to think work up to a half marathon like @demon i believe he’s got one coming up in a few months here.

Glad you’re here, also very impressed with your times
working your way up is a good idea . Once you get more comfortable you might get motivated to do more. I’m definitely at the time where I am just not interested in full marathons. Not sure I ever was . It was more of a Boston goal. I rather have muscle on me but I love performance so I will never stop running.

You really don’t see many built guys in these races. And when there are, they stand out. I love to see it.

working your way up is a good idea . Once you get more comfortable you might get motivated to do more. I’m definitely at the time where I am just not interested in full marathons. Not sure I ever was . It was more of a Boston goal. I rather have muscle on me but I love performance so I will never stop running.

You really don’t see many built guys in these races. And when there are, they stand out. I love to see it.
Being heavy isn’t exactly ideal for distance running, but when you love something you will find a way to do it. Mentally I’m still 180 lol

Pretty cool the you lift as well. I’m assuming you’ve been training for many years?

I think if I downsize a bit maybe from 225 to 210 I might be a little easier to hit the 10 mile mark, but I’d probably have to reconsider some of my steroid cycles as well.

Being heavy isn’t exactly ideal for distance running, but when you love something you will find a way to do it. Mentally I’m still 180 lol

Pretty cool the you lift as well. I’m assuming you’ve been training for many years?

I think if I downsize a bit maybe from 225 to 210 I might be a little easier to hit the 10 mile mark, but I’d probably have to reconsider some of my steroid cycles as well.
Ya it would be easier on you if you cut down on size. But I’ve seen some dudes I’ve seen on Instagram with a good decent size and are great runners . Again, I really like seeing that haha.
I started being more serious about weight training in my early 30s. I am 41 now. I did lift before but was not consistent. I was way more active at this time , running a bunch and lifting a bunch but it was probably counter active . I honestly think I could have been faster too if I didn’t focus too much on weight training. I’ve said this before too but marathon training is a lot of work when you want to squeeze in gym sessions .
You lose muscle and booty, and you know that’s important lmao. I do like the leanness from the training I must admit . This pic was from Boston training .

Attachments

• IMG_6620.jpeg
    IMG_6620.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
You lose muscle and booty, and you know that’s important lmao. I do like the leanness from the training I must admit . This pic was from Boston training .
You look great ❤️ sure you’re not 25? Lol but as long as you love doing what you’re doing, don’t stop. Be yourself, that’s the best way to live.

Super happy we have some runners on here, other forums have almost none. None that care about endurance sports and the discourse that comes along with it. This threads getting fun, I hope we keep it going.

I’m going to shoot for 6 miles tomorrow morning maybe 10 minute pace. No anavar pre run either, that was a mistake