STOCK UP: Don't say you weren't warned! (US)

This is the Request for Proposal (RFP) package for the JFK Centralized Examination Station. Haven't had time to read or ChatGPT it, but this is what CBP was asking for.

It says nothing about the specifications of the equipment, only that it will be supplied by the vendor. This equipment itself is referred to as "NII" or Non-intrusive inspection equipment.

It says nothing about the specifications of the equipment, only that it will be supplied by the vendor. This equipment itself is referred to as "NII" or Non-intrusive inspection equipment.
I am going to continue to assume that this will be yet another overhyped and underutilized system until I see confirmation of a different outcome

I am going to continue to assume that this will be yet another overhyped and underutilized system until I see confirmation of a different outcome

Overhyped, just the like the 40,000 airport carry on baggage scanners being replaced around the world that are so effective at identifying materials they can discern between liquids, even within steel bottles, that are as much as 99% water.

Overhyped, just the like the 40,000 airport carry on baggage scanners being replaced around the world that are so effective at identifying materials they can discern between liquids, even within steel bottles, that are as much as 99% water.
The major factor causing my suspicions would be the actual supplier of these scanners, people have been saying that these guys are essentially first class bullshitters. Of course I could be wrong, and considering how totalitarian everything has been becoming, I probably am.

The major factor causing my suspicions would be the actual supplier of these scanners, people have been saying that these guys are essentially first class bullshitters. Of course I could be wrong, and considering how totalitarian everything has been becoming, I probably am.

So after 25,years of banning liquids, gels, or creams over 100ml on aircraft, they're now being allowed not based on the reality these machines can accurately identify the 100+ explosives and hazardous chemicals but on "BS".

View: https://youtu.be/nyG8XAmtYeQ

Relevant portions around 2 minutes and 6 minutes.

I'll add these are low end Dual Energy Computed Tomography machines. The key is two different x-ray energy levels (Dual Energy) are used to scan. which can be compared, revealing the atomic number of the material.

Where fewer are needed, as they mention are used for checked baggage, additional tech like spectral xrays (many different power levels) and backscatter sensors are added to enable even more accurate material detection. For instance, one validation test is mixing a bag of milk powder and sugar, and ensuring the machine can determine the percentage of each within the mixture.

Where extreme high speed is needed, algorithms, built on detailed analysis of targeted contraband, are being used to shorten the detection time to a fraction usually required. AI generated "shortcuts".

Since there are so many different types of equipment being used, Customs agencies around the world have agreed to standardize the format of these algorithms, so they can share them with each other as new threats and forms of contraband are identified.

The systems are so accurate, they can identify the components of a single pill (in fact pharma manufacturers are beginning to use these for quality control instead of conventional lab analysis).

When contraband is detected in a package it's automatically kicked off the high speed conveyor so customs agents can deal with it. This means agents no longer need to watch a screen as packages pass slowly through an xray machine, and packaging inspection capacity will increase by over 1000 times what's currently possible.

Sample of materials used for testing security scanners. Note they can differentiate between styles of beer.

IMG_8723.jpeg

Last edited:
So after 25,years of banning liquids, gels, or creams over 100ml on aircraft, they're now being allowed not based on the reality these machines can accurately identify the 100+ explosives and hazardous chemicals but on "BS".

I'll add these are low end Dual Energy Computed Tomography machines. The key is two different x-ray energy levels (Dual Energy) are used to scan. which can be compared, revealing the atomic number of the material.

Where fewer are needed, as they mention are used for checked baggage, additional tech like spectral xrays (many different power levels) and backscatter sensors are added to enable even more accurate material detection. For instance, one validation test is mixing a bag of milk powder and sugar, and ensuring the machine can determine the percentage of each within the mixture.

Where extreme high speed is needed, algorithms, built on detailed analysis of targeted contraband, are being used to shorten the detection time to a fraction usually required. AI generated "shortcuts".

Since there are so many different types of equipment being used, Customs agencies around the world have agreed to standardize the format of these algorithms, so they can share them with each other as new threats and forms of contraband are identified.

The systems are so accurate, they can identify the components of a single pill (in fact pharma manufacturers are beginning to use these for quality control instead of lab analysis.

When contraband is detected in a package it's automatically kicked off the high speed conveyor so customs agents can deal with it. This means agents no longer need to watch a screen as packages pass slowly through an xray machine, and packaging inspection capacity will increase by over 1000 times what's currently possible.

Sample of materials used for testing security scanners. Note they can differentiate between styles of beer.

View attachment 292613

Man you’re telling me that I’m gonna have to live in a world where I can’t juice but I still have to deal with tweakers bro what

The systems are so accurate, they can identify the components of a single pill (in fact pharma manufacturers are beginning to use these for quality control instead of lab analysis.

View attachment 292613

I do appreciate the video included, it gives a good idea of what the basic function of these things are. Very interesting and simultaneously enraging stuff. EDIT can’t cope smoking ganja and watching Split as I type brb fellas

Last edited:
I do appreciate the video included, it gives a good idea of what the basic function of these things are. Very interesting and simultaneously enraging stuff.

I decided the topic was too damn complicated to explain in a post, and not worth the effort.

I came across this a couple of days ago, and as you can see, he makes it very understandable.

Without it, a lot of people think accurately identifying specific materials at the molecular level is science fiction, or at best, limited to well equipped research labs, not a high speed conveyor.

This is a huge leap in tech. It won't be long before this is how blood samples will be quickly analyzed and autopsies will be conducted in a matter of minutes without a single incision or sample sent off for analysis.

The bottom line is, the only packages with contraband that will be getting in are those they don't scan. Raws will probably start getting hiked in over the southern border in Pedro's backpack, but I think It'll be a much different scene a year from now.

I decided the topic was too damn complicated to explain in a post, and not worth the effort.

I came across this a couple of days ago, and as you can see, he makes it very understandable.

Without it, a lot of people think accurately identifying specific materials at the molecular level is science fiction, or at best, limited to well equipped research labs, not a high speed conveyor.

This is a huge leap in tech. It won't be long before this is how blood samples will be quickly analyzed and autopsies will be conducted in a matter of minutes without a single incision or sample sent off for analysis.

The bottom line is, the only packages with contraband that will be getting in are those they don't scan. Raws will probably start getting hiked in over the southern border in Pedro's backpack, but I think It'll be a much different scene a year from now.
I blame the ozempic craze

I blame the ozempic craze

Whatever it is, it's not gear. I don't even think it's fentanyl that's the primary driver.

I think it's the ability to scan packages and automatically impose customs duty (and state sales tax) based on the contents, to the tune of tens of billions of dollars a year.

Drugs are just the excuse for putting this kind of 100% inspection regime in place.

Should be other incentives in introducing these scanners?

I mean if again you can bring your own liquids to airport worldwide would cause a massive drops in airport sales + you need huge initial investments + training people to use the equipments. and we haven't seen terrorist using these liquids as a succesful way to cause harm (based on 25 years). so i dont see why it changes.

What do I don't understand in this equation?

Should be other incentives in introducing these scanners?

I mean if again you can bring your own liquids to airport worldwide would cause a massive drops in airport sales + you need huge initial investments + training people to use the equipments.

What do I don't understand in this equation?

The equipment is already 100% in place in the UK. The US will need a few years because they're so expensive.

By getting people through security faster there's more time to shop at the stores and eat at the restaurants on the other side.