Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

The reason Obama adopt it is because he was trying to play it down the middle of the road and that he would've never had the votes to actually do single payer. We are just too fucking stupid in this country the know whats good for us.

Not sure what kind of facilties would be able to care for millions of uninsured .

What makes you think government getting involved and driving up the prices would result in more or better facilities? My experience with all government services has been the exact opposite of that.

I've had no medical insurance for 8 years until a year ago, and had no major medical issues thankfully as I take good care of myself by eating right and keeping active. If I was able to avoid medical issues while having no insurance I'm sure you can as well.

It will certainly be a long time till the health insurance market ever regains its sanity.
Life doesn't work that way. nobody plans on getting injured or diseased .
Fortunately we don't just let people die,
We treat them even after they have lost everything.

What makes you think government getting involved and driving up the prices would result in more or better facilities? My experience with all government services has been the exact opposite of that.
What makes you think the private sector or charity is ready to provide care at no costs?
I think single payer is the way to go.

The reason the penalty is there is to keep people from free loading. One of the reasons hospitals tell you that their costs are so high is because they have to offset the cost of paying for people that don't have insurance.

Hate to break it to you guys but the whole model of Obama care was created by a Republican think tank, enacted by Republican governor, upheld by Republican Supreme Court.

It was created by your beloved Republicans. so now it's your turn and trumps turn to come up with something better. Good fucking luck!!

Single-payer is the only way to go.
Obama care was passed with a democratic president with a democratic majority in house and senate
What are you smoking?

What makes you think the private sector or charity is ready to provide care at no costs?
I think single payer is the way to go.
I never implied that. It's impossible to provide care at no cost. My point is determining who pays and how much are not decisions well suited for governments, especially those governments that allow private industry to lobby its politicians.

I never implied that. It's impossible to provide care at no cost. My point is determining who pays and how much are not decisions well suited for governments, especially those governments that allow private industry to lobby its politicians.
And single payer means one thing: the government acts as the insurer, and to save money there will end up being rationing of care as observed in those countries that have a single payer/socialized medicine system like Canada and the UK as prime examples. Is single payer suitable for the USA? The jury is out on that.

The reason the penalty is there is to keep people from free loading. One of the reasons hospitals tell you that their costs are so high is because they have to offset the cost of paying for people that don't have insurance.

Hate to break it to you guys but the whole model of Obama care was created by a Republican think tank, enacted by Republican governor, upheld by Republican Supreme Court.

It was created by your beloved Republicans. so now it's your turn and trumps turn to come up with something better. Good fucking luck!!

Single-payer is the only way to go.
There is nothing to support this crap you wrote
NOTHING
How did Obamacare pass in Congress?
The democrats voted in Obama care, THERE brain child with a majority vote so the REPUBLICANS could NOT philibuster
You are spreading lies

I think it comes down to the fact that in America we treat everyone that gets sick or injured, although often poorly and too late.
If we do not adopt a let them die policy we had better find the most cost effective way of giving care.
I don't think that the government making payments to private insurers is the way to go , it just lines their pockets .
Google the stock profile of any big insurer , they have made a fortune off of ACA.
Why do we need them involved?
Why not let the middle class buy a medicaid policy at a fair price , even adjusted for income.

What do drug patents have to do with how much a hospital charges for an mri or knee replacement??

Funny you should mention those, since both have improved dramatically over the years and fallen in price even while the insurance that supposedly pays for them has gone up.

I see this mentioned again and again
There are smarter people than I. But it seems like a good idea.
Agreed with @Burrr's post and with perhaps the premium adjusted for income and age factors this is a great idea. However the reimbursement rates for Medicaid are rather low thus not many providers willing to take it. Hopefully this can be tweaked enough to convince more providers to accept it.

For the military guys, how does the VA standards for treatment stack up?

Agreed with @Burrr's post and with perhaps the premium adjusted for income and age factors this is a great idea. However the reimbursement rates for Medicaid are rather low thus not many providers willing to take it. Hopefully this can be tweaked enough to convince more providers to accept it.

For the military guys, how does the VA standards for treatment stack up?
No no no, man... this is Obamacare 2.0 how about find other ways to reduce costs of Healthcare overall rather than government assisted, income distribution assistance. find ways to make cost go down. less taxes on equipment and services, less regulations, less government involvement. fuck out my life, government .

Who can we count on to find ways to drive the price of health care down?
The govt?
The CEO of united health care, who needs to keep his 66 million a year salary intact ?

Who can we count on to find ways to drive the price of health care down?
The govt?
The CEO of united health care, who needs to keep his 66 million a year salary intact ?
Good points. It will be up to the consumer to make smart choices in utilizing healthcare, but when it comes to emergency care the consumer has no choice in the matter as it means life and death.

So there needs to be some involvement by government in healthcare as that market seems to be rather broken.

My strategy is to have a 5000 deductible and handle all the non emergency problems on my own.
Buy my drugs from Romania , or a local compound pharmacy .
I need to find a source for a suture kit, that'll save a ton next time I need stitches .

My strategy is to have a 5000 deductible and handle all the non emergency problems on my own.
Buy my drugs from Romania , or a local compound pharmacy .
I need to find a source for a suture kit, that'll save a ton next time I need stitches .
If we can allow drugs to be bought from Canada or other countries then that should be a good thing, as long as said drugs meet standards for safety and effectiveness.

The man is a fucking maniac. Now he is claiming that there were millions of illegal votes cast. He claims that is why he didn't win the popular vote. As usual he offers no evidence. Trump is seriously deranged. This was the worst mistake America has ever made in an election.

I can't see how he will make it 4 years without being impeached because he is cray cray.

Sponsors

Latest posts