Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Reading the Classic Novel That Predicted Trump
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/...p-sinclar-lewis-it-cant-happen-here.html?_r=1

The anxiety began well before the Cleveland convention, where the candidate of the “Forgotten Men,” the one who declared Americans “the greatest Race on the face of this old Earth,” seemed likely to clinch his party’s presidential nomination. Doremus Jessup, the protagonist of Sinclair Lewis’s 1935 novel “It Can’t Happen Here,” sees something dark and terrible brewing in American politics — the potential for “a real fascist dictatorship” led by the up-and-coming populist candidate Berzelius Windrip. Friends scoff at this extravagant concern. “That couldn’t happen here in America, not possibly!” they assure him. But Jessup, a small-town Vermont newspaper editor and a “mild, rather indolent and somewhat sentimental liberal,” worries about the devastation ahead. “What can I do?” he agonizes night after night. “Oh — write another editorial viewing-with-alarm, I suppose!”

When Election Day comes to pass, Jessup learns that his editorials have not done the trick. The reality of the new situation feels unspeakably awful, “like the long-dreaded passing of a friend.” Jessup faces the presidential inauguration in a state of high distress, convinced that the nation is careering toward its doom, but that nobody — least of all his fellow liberals — can do much to stop it.

“It Can’t Happen Here” is a work of dystopian fantasy, one man’s effort in the 1930s to imagine what it might look like if fascism came to America.

I'm watching the inauguration concert at the lincoln memorial. Small crowd. Trump will go on fox say that 1 million were in attendance. How in the fuck could this country elect a draft dodger billionaire who pissed on a true hero like John McCain? Trump would have been sucking North Vietnamese cock day one! We now have a pussy and a fraud as president who is married to a euro slut

I don't recognize any or the performers. Losers.

37% of America digs the cocksucker. This was a total fluke. Piss on Trump.

Sooooo many butthurt liberals keeping this thread going, amazing...

18 hours of the possibly* worst US president ever left, noon tomorrow can't come quickly enough.

*there are other really bad eggs too: Lincoln, the two Roosevelts, Woodrow Wilson, LBJ, and Carter

Will be interesting tomorrow to see how many liberal assholes will try to disrupt the inauguration. They're really showing their true colors, fascists little swine that they are.