Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

White House ‘systems failed’ with Comey firing, but Trump pushed the buttons.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-systems-failed-with-comey-firing-but-trump-pushed-the-buttons/2017/05/13/e9db104e-375c-11e7-b373-418f6849a004_story.html?utm_term=.b5aee6c851a4 (Analysis | White House ‘systems failed’ with Comey firing, but Trump pushed the buttons)

In deciding to abruptly fire FBI Director James B. Comey, President Trump characteristically let himself be guided by his own instincts — fueled by his creeping anger and sense of victimhood about a probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election that he considers a “witch hunt.”

The aftermath is a presidency rocked by its most serious self-inflicted crisis yet, exposing dysfunction and distrust within his West Wing and imperiling his agenda. The momentum for the health-care bill that passed the House is gone, and a week scheduled to be devoted to Trump’s preparations for a high-stakes foreign trip was overtaken by distractions and fury.

Across Washington, Trump’s allies have been buzzing about the staff’s competence as well as the president’s state of mind. One GOP figure close to the White House mused privately about whether Trump was “in the grip of some kind of paranoid delusion.”

ormer director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. warned Sunday that the nation’s institutions are being undermined by President Trump after his decision last week to fire FBI Director James B. Comey.

Citing Russian influence in the U.S. election, Clapper told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union” that outside forces were responsible for weakening the U.S. government. He also added that “our institutions are under assault internally.”

“Internally from the president?” Tapper asked.

“Exactly,” said Clapper. “I think the Founding Fathers, in their genius, created a system of three coequal branches of government and a built-in system of checks and balances. And I feel as though it’s under assault and eroding.”

I'm worried. I'm not kidding around. I'm deeply concerned about the actions of our new president. If he can fire the man who heads up the investigation of possible collusion and replace him with someone who is going to stomewall the investigation the system is broken.

In the end I don't think it will happen, but I may be wrong.

It's mothers day brothers. Don't forget.