Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

I have been here in this country for only 12 years. (Legally ... I have a Green Card so let's not start ... [emoji12])

There was a time—not 200 years ago, but in our lifetimes—when people - like me - looked at the United States and thought: this is a country of freedom, of opportunity, this is a country that believes in truth. I fear that the values we were respected for all over are now being diminished.
And it pains me that many do not see it...
I might feel the same way if I read and watched all the left wing Doomsday fear mongering crap you do.:)

99.8% of Americans would not receive a nickel in tax breaks from the repeal of the Estate Tax. So why do Trump and his billionaire friends want to repeal it? So they can get billions of dollars in tax breaks while they cut programs that ordinary Americans depend on....

I might feel the same way if I read and watched all the left wing Doomsday fear mongering crap you do.:)

my main sources for form my opinions don't come from this country

I read a lot more from neutral perspectives that you certainly do and the only reason why I express here "left wing Doomsday fear mongering crap" is because I am quite sure your knowledge of other languages is quite limited... :p

my main sources for form my opinions don't come from this country

I read a lot more from neutral perspectives that you certainly do and the only reason why I express here "left wing Doomsday fear mongering crap" is because I am quite sure your knowledge of other languages is quite limited... :p
Just because another country's press writes it doesnt make it true. In fact quite the opposite. And the beauty of America is you're free to emigrate back to your native country if things are so bad here.

99.8% of Americans would not receive a nickel in tax breaks from the repeal of the Estate Tax. So why do Trump and his billionaire friends want to repeal it? So they can get billions of dollars in tax breaks while they cut programs that ordinary Americans depend on....
You mean by reducing the corporate tax rate and regulations? See, we talk like we want to do whats needed to reduce cost of helathcare and create jobs and such, but when it's time to do those things the rhetoric train kicks in to high gear. The bureaucracy needs to feed itself.

Can American democracy survive Donald Trump?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...can-democracy-survive-trump-column/101687476/

In 2014, Turkey’s authoritarian president fired four prosecutors who were leading an investigation into an alleged corruption scandal involving the president himself. The interference was blatant. The intent was clear. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan wanted the corruption scandal to disappear. It was technically within his authority, but there was widespread outcry that the rule of law was under attack. In response, Erdogan claimed he was the victim of a widespread conspiracy by his political rivals. Then, he threatened his opponents.

And he got away with it.

It's hard not to see parallels with President Trump’s decision to fire former FBI Director James Comey. In ousting the man leading the FBI investigation into Trump team ties and possible collusion with Russia, Trump behaved like a strongman. The only open question is whether the democratic institutions of the United States will fight back in a way they were unable to in Turkey.

Trump’s Madness Invites Mutiny
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/opinion/trumps-madness-invites-mutiny.html?mwrsm=Facebook&_r=0

Legal and ethical questions abound about the impropriety and even legality of attempting to strong-arm, and then dismissing and threatening, the law enforcement official leading an investigation into your circle of associates.

Many of those questions rise not from clandestine sources, but rather from Trump himself. He is talking and tweeting himself into legal jeopardy. He can’t seem to help himself. Something in the man is broken.

He is insecure, paranoid and brittle, jostling between egomania and narcissism, intoxicated with a power beyond his meager comprehension and indulging in it beyond the point of abuse.

Some people are ebulliently optimistic that the abomination is coming undone and may soon be at an end.

But I would caution that this is a moment pregnant with calamity.

The man we see unraveling before our eyes still retains the power of the presidency until such time as he doesn’t, and that time of termination is by no means assured.

Trump is now a wounded animal, desperate and dangerous. Survival is an overwhelming, instinctual impulse, and one should put nothing beyond a being who is bent on ensuring it.

Banking on an easy impeachment or resignation or a shiny set of handcuffs is incredibly tempting for those drained and depressed by Trump’s unabated absurdities, perversions of truth and facts and assaults on custom, normalcy and civility.

But banking on this is, at this point, premature. I share the yearning. A case for removal can most definitely be made and has merit. But there remain untold steps between plausibility and probability. Expectations must be managed so that hopes aren’t dashed if the mark isn’t immediately met.

We may have reached an inflection point at which even partisans grow weary of the barrage of lies and the indefensible behavior, and Republican representatives finally realize that they are constitutional officers who must defend the country even if it damages their party.

Something is happening. It’s in the air. It is an awakening, it is an adjustment, it is a growing up.

ABC News is now reporting that associates of the fired former FBI director, James B. Comey, say he wants to testify publicly before Congress, and the Senate Intelligence Committee — which is probing the Russia story — seems like the right venue. Among other things, Comey will almost certainly address explosive but disputed https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/05/12/a-new-report-says-trump-demanded-comeys-loyalty-that-could-be-devastating/?utm_term=.abce63016b80 (reports) over whether Trump demanded loyalty from him during a private dinner in January, as Comey’s associates https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/05/12/a-new-report-says-trump-demanded-comeys-loyalty-that-could-be-devastating/?utm_term=.abce63016b80 (have claimed).

Ron Wyden, a hard-charging member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, intends to use this moment to press Comey to detail what exactly happened in this exchange, a spokesman for the Oregon Democrat says.

“If and when Comey testifies, Senator Wyden will ask him if Donald Trump demanded a loyalty pledge,” Wyden spokesman Keith Chu told me this morning.

If Comey asserts in public that Trump did demand loyalty from him — which is plausible — consider what could happen then. Trump responded to initial reports of that demand with a threatening tweet that implied Trump may have been taping private conversations. If Comey goes public, the pressure on the White House to release these tapes — or admit they don’t exist — should intensify. Republican lawmakers — who already expressed discomfort with the firing and with Trump’s threat — will now be expected to comment about Comey’s on-the-record assertion that the president demanded a loyalty pledge from him.

Some https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-must-be-impeached-heres-why/2017/05/13/82ce2ea4-374d-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html?tid=pm_opinions_pop&utm_term=.9a44a94b7fb8 (legal experts have suggested) such a loyalty demand could constitute obstruction of justice. It isn’t just that FBI directors (who serve insulating 10-year terms) aren’t supposed to be political loyalists. It’s also that Trump would have demanded loyalty from the man overseeing the FBI probe into his own campaign, even as that man (Comey) knew full well that Trump has the power to fire him, which Trump has now exercised, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/05/12/all-of-the-white-houses-conflicting-explanations-for-comeys-firing-a-timeline/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.b098fb981c3f (explicitly) because of Comey’s handling of the investigation. This undermines basic norms dictating a clear separation between the White House and law enforcement and raises doubts as to whether the FBI’s investigation can proceed free of political interference.

A serious probe of this whole affair by an independent commission or similar would look not just at possible Russia-Trump campaign collusion. It would also seek to establish whether Trump demanded Comey’s loyalty. It would seek a full accounting of Trump’s decision to fire Comey, and what sort of role Attorney General Jeff Sessions and his deputy, Rod J. Rosenstein, played in carrying that out. That latter question matters, since Sessions was supposed to recuse himself from the investigation, and any role Rosenstein played in the political hatcheting of Comey could compromise his role in overseeing the continuing FBI probe.

Just because another country's press writes it doesnt make it true. In fact quite the opposite. And the beauty of America is you're free to emigrate back to your native country if things are so bad here.

Well, truth is only so if backed up by facts, something "you" (pluralis majestatis) are evidently not accustomed to.

And about being here, well guess what? one of your orangehaired friends wanted me because he couldn't find equivalent skills locally ...

Furthermore, the beauty of America is not that I'm free to emigrate back (no kidding) but I am free to become a citizen, be part of the democratic system and vote to change things for the better, mainly getting the orangehaired buffoon out of the WH

You ain't getting rid of me :p

Well, truth is only so if backed up by facts, something "you" (pluralis majestatis) are evidently not accustomed to.

And about being here, well guess what? one of your orangehaired friends wanted me because he couldn't find equivalent skills locally ...

Furthermore, the beauty of America is not that I'm free to emigrate back (no kidding) but I am free to become a citizen, be part of the democratic system and vote to change things for the better, mainly getting the orangehaired buffoon out of the WH

You ain't getting rid of me :p
That's fine too. You ain't getting rid of Trump either. [emoji12]