TSL LABS

Is it warm to touch? Is it getting hard? Is water forming under skin? Is skin red?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this sign of infection? I pinned in my upper right quad on my right leg and now the whole quad is inflamed and even a little puffy around the knee. It's warmer to the touch than my left leg and the skin looks a little sunburn. It's pretty much evenly spread on my whole right quad. Does this mean it's time to take some antibiotics? My glutes haven't done this. I pinned my quad about 48 hrs ago.

Is this sign of infection? I pinned in my upper right quad on my right leg and now the whole quad is inflamed and even a little puffy around the knee. It's warmer to the touch than my left leg and the skin looks a little sunburn. It's pretty much evenly spread on my whole right quad. Does this mean it's time to take some antibiotics? My glutes haven't done this. I pinned my quad about 48 hrs ago.
Exactly mine, but left one

No, it doesn't mean it's infected. If the body is having a hard time breaking down the compound you will get this reaction. But it is a sign to keep a eye on it.

One of three things are possible.

1. The area is trying to break down the compound.
If the area gets starts to get hard, then concern should be brought in, this will be either ...

2. Steril abcess

3. Infected abcess.

Most of the time these reactions can occurs from EO being used. Many are allergic to this. Or it is a high mg/ml product and the body is trying break it down which will cause the heat and red and inflamed.

IF the area starts to get hard then be concerned, the following thing that will happen is water will start to form under the skin, DO NOT. Try to pop or push this. If it is infected pushing on this can push the infection deeper into the muscle and will cause the muscle to tear down.

Most infected abcess must be cut open and drained by a doctor, then left to drain for a few days before they see you back up.

I caught my infected abcess quickly because I knew what to look for. I took 1,000mg amox per day for 14 days. Everything turned out fine. But if you wait, the infection WILL eat a hole into your muscle.

Steril abcess can go away on there own.
But a hard lump will remain for a while.

Hope this helps

If you take another pin warm it up in hot water. Clean it good relax on the pin. Try a glute. Quads Hurt man. And I hit a nerve before and had a lump for a week

Yes I know when I'm close to it the whole leg will start to twitch. I know the exact spots where that happens now.

It's definitely not a lump at all. Just a swollen quad and down to the knee. Like I said, my glutes don't do this. I would think if it was bad gear that it would happen no matter where I shoot it.

was this first pin with the gear?

Yes I know when I'm close to it the whole leg will start to twitch. I know the exact spots where that happens now.
Aren't those just acupuncture spots? Ive twitched but went deeper and was fine

No twich and mine is hard and painful.

Love quads, its my favorite

Aren't those just acupuncture spots? Ive twitched but went deeper and was fine

No twich and mine is hard and painful.

Love quads, its my favorite

Hard and painful isn't good. If it starts to feel like the pain is going deeper in the muscle I would go to a doctor. You can get a infected abcess by scraping a thorn, so u can tell them you were hunting and a thorn went into your leg, but you didn't think anything of it.

Edit:
Especially go if you see fluid building up. I don't recommend doing what I did, which was take the antibiotics and not seeing a doctor. It's just what I do. Not responsible at all.

Hard and painful isn't good. If it starts to feel like the pain is going deeper in the muscle I would go to a doctor. You can get a infected abcess by scraping a thorn, so u can tell them you were hunting and a thorn went into your leg, but you didn't think anything of it.

Edit:
Especially go if you see fluid building up. I don't recommend doing what I did, which was take the antibiotics and not seeing a doctor. It's just what I do. Not responsible at all.

I do tree work so i can say something along those lines.

It's definitely not a lump at all. Just a swollen quad and down to the knee. Like I said, my glutes don't do this. I would think if it was bad gear that it would happen no matter where I shoot it.
My quad did the same thing was so swollen I couldn't even bend it it was so tight and redness was spreading and started getting fever so went to doc they gave me keflex and took it and after 1 day it was noticeably better then after 5 days was back to normal so u may want to go to the doc

My quad did the same thing was so swollen I couldn't even bend it it was so tight and redness was spreading and started getting fever so went to doc they gave me keflex and took it and after 1 day it was noticeably better then after 5 days was back to normal so u may want to go to the doc

Thanks. I think I'm going to go ahead and take something for it and keep an eye on it.