Ultimate Nootropic Stack?

It's not just a jock PEDs vs nerd PEDs debate either. Cognitive enhancement drugs have been used by elite athletes. For example, Conte/BALCO sprinters were reportedly using modafinil way back then.
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about phenylpiracetam, a drug banned by wada. Anyone have experience with this stuff in the gym?

There’s a big difference between something like adderall and some designer supplement that’s all hype without results
I think your thinking of the stuff sold over the counter as dietary supplements. Most here are talking about the pharmaceutical drugs.

Here's how Victor Conte admitted using modafinil with olympic athletes:

"Modafinil was used as a "wakefulness promoting" agent before competitions. The purpose was to decrease fatigue and enhance mental alertness and reaction time. A 200mg tablet was consumed one hour before competition."

Modafinil is a DRI and it also elevates NE.

For some the dopamine reuptake inhibition is stronger then for others. I notice it a lot. But can't take modafinil due to it's effects on the orexin system. It's definitely a strong drug and has a lot of benefits used for sports, ie. "preworkout".

Modafinil is a DRI and it also elevates NE.

For some the dopamine reuptake inhibition is stronger than for others. I notice it a lot. But can't take modafinil due to its effects on the orexin system. It's definitely a strong drug and has a lot of benefits used for sports, ie. "preworkout".
Wellbutrin works in a similar manner as Modafinil, correct? Except for the effect on the orexin system? I don’t know if one could call it a true dopamine reputable inhibitor though.

Wellbutrin works in a similar manner as Modafinil, correct? Except for the effect on the orexin system? I don’t know if one could call it a true dopamine reputable inhibitor though.
Wellbutrin aka Buproprion is great for mental health, appetite suppression, and sexuality. For me to be very focused at the gym my main go to is simply an edible.

Going back to nootropics. Cosmic is in fact one of the best. Meldonium is one of my favorites. I'm going to get some angry responses for this, but I think semax is over rated. I know many people oppose the use of phenibut due to addictive nature. Personal experience I did not find it addictive, but it's quite a weekly treat. Recently I tried can cicloferin and my lingering cough went away. The newest item was doxytocin. Bit pricey compared to the other items. However, I would urge people to try it. It's strange and perfect. The wonderful feeling that you get just from touching or holding your significant other is great. And then busting a nut on it is cathertic.

Similar in the fact that it's also a DRI, yes. But, that doesn't mean it's similar in it's effects, not at all. It's a common misconception in layman's logic, that if two drugs have a similar mechanism, that they'll produce similar results. This notion fails to recognize the fact that the drugs don't act the same in all parts of the brain. Inhibiting dopamine reuptake in one part of the brain does this and something different in another part of the brain. Drugs also have a lot of other mechanisms distinguishing them from each other. In the case of bupropion, it also acts on the nicotinic muscarinic system and the NRI aspect is much more pronounced. There is also the aspect of in what way a drug acts upon a receptor. Is it a full agonist, a partial agonist, an inverse agonist, a positive allosteric modulator, a full antagonist, a competitive antogonist, etc

This drug produce very different results. I wouldn't really compare them. Wellbutrin feels a lot more adrenergic.

Adderall is unbeatable, IME. However, for many reasons, this may not be an ideal choice for many users. With that, I've had a lot of positive results with Lions mane + gingko biloba... Worth looking into, very little risks.

Similar in the fact that it's also a DRI, yes. But, that doesn't mean it's similar in it's effects, not at all. It's a common misconception in layman's logic, that if two drugs have a similar mechanism, that they'll produce similar results. This notion fails to recognize the fact that the drugs don't act the same in all parts of the brain. Inhibiting dopamine reuptake in one part of the brain does this and something different in another part of the brain. Drugs also have a lot of other mechanisms distinguishing them from each other. In the case of bupropion, it also acts on the nicotinic muscarinic system and the NRI aspect is much more pronounced. There is also the aspect of in what way a drug acts upon a receptor. Is it a full agonist, a partial agonist, an inverse agonist, a positive allosteric modulator, a full antagonist, a competitive antogonist, etc

This drug produce very different results. I wouldn't really compare them. Wellbutrin feels a lot more adrenergic.
Thanks Jin. My biochemistry is limited and haven’t taken any pharmacology classes. Always appreciate your insight.

Lol hoped your grades will get curved. Almost as bad as ochem. I don’t know anyone who enjoyed that.
First time I ever got a C in a chemistry class, I have some unfinished business with biochem.

I fucking loved ochem, I have a thing for patterns, inductive and deductive reasoning and the labs were fucking amazing, being able to extract caffeine from a green tea solution made me feel like a fucking god lol.

Ochem and genetics were my favorite undergrad classes.

Anyone ever use fladrafanil? What I’m reading it says it’s similar to adrafanil which I’m understanding to be the precursor of modafanil but it’s supposed to be 4-5 times stronger than adrafanil. Anyone know more about this? Very new to nootropics myself so may be misunderstanding.

My memory has significantly improved after using the combination of alpha-gpc, caffeine, and l-theanine. I just recently added acetyl-l-tyrosine, curious how this will help.

I honestly prefer the above the stack more than r-modafinil, its just too rough and physically draining. But if i want to plan and think super long term or making major decisions, then R-modafinil is my choice.

These are nice additions to the mental tool box. Anyone want to recommend me something to try out?

My memory has significantly improved after using the combination of alpha-gpc, caffeine, and l-theanine. I just recently added acetyl-l-tyrosine, curious how this will help.

I honestly prefer the above the stack more than r-modafinil, its just too rough and physically draining. But if i want to plan and think super long term or making major decisions, then R-modafinil is my choice.

These are nice additions to the mental tool box. Anyone want to recommend me something to try out?

For memory? Which one? I presume you're talking about long term memory? If so, then LTP is your search phrase. Off the bat I'd recommend fasoracetam and nefiracetam. Both are mGluR1 agonists and also highly increase choline uptake in the hippocampus. This are steroids for long term memory.

For memory? Which one? I presume you're talking about long term memory? If so, then LTP is your search phrase. Off the bat I'd recommend fasoracetam and nefiracetam. Both are mGluR1 agonists and also highly increase choline uptake in the hippocampus. This are steroids for long term memory.
Neuroprotection with regards to anabolic steroid use. I just learned about how Alzheimer's patients are given cholinesterase inhibitors and something called memantine to stabilize or slow down the disease.

Are you familiar with how steroids are neuro-toxic? Do they actually cause neuron cell death or injury? Are there different mechanisms for each steroid on how they are neurotoxic or do they all work the same general way?
Maybe @Type-IIx has some info too.

Neuroprotection with regards to anabolic steroid use. I just learned about how Alzheimer's patients are given cholinesterase inhibitors and something called memantine to stabilize or slow down the disease.

Wait weren't you just talking about memory? Alzheimer's and memantine is something completely different. Memantine is usually not found to be particularly good for long term memory in non alzheimer/dementia patients. I can't remember why exactly, but I think it's probably bc of it's specificity for the GluN2b subunit of the NMDA receptors which are important for LTP. But don't quote me on that. NMDAR antagonists are, however, never good for memory, as the glutamate system is an intrinsic part in LTP. Memantine prevents excess glutamate signaling excitotoxicity, it has little to do with ACh, for that, donapezil is usually used.

I don't see donapezil being particularly useful for aas use, memantine might be more useful, due to aas and their relationship to excitation. I think SSRI's are a good way of helping with aas use, as they help in multiple ways, which are important for aas depression. They lower proinflammatory cytokines, lower HPA activity, restore hippocampus volume, they also lower striatal dopamine, which might be helpful, if nothing else, as a mood stabilizing effect while on aas - stuff like newer atypical antipsychotics (aripiprazole, cariprazine ... ) might also be helpful on this front as they are partial dopamine agonist.

Otherwise anything that generally lowers brain inflammatory markers should help and you have a plethora of options here. But I'd look at your own physiology first, if you have any problems, GAD, MDD, ADHD, etc. Lowering HPA axis would be my first choice if entering aas use with any such condition. But as I general rule of thumb, I'd just disadvise using aas for anybody who suffers with ADHD, GAD, PTSD, etc. in the first place (not talking about trt here).

Are you familiar with how steroids are neuro-toxic? Do they actually cause neuron cell death or injury? Are there different mechanisms for each steroid on how they are neurotoxic or do they all work the same general way?
Maybe @Type-IIx has some info too.
There's not great human evidence for this effect. There is some evidence in rats that androgens, and nandrolone in particular, are harmful to visuo-spatial learning & memory. There is evidence that rhGH can reverse some of the deficits in cognitive function by AAS abuse (by beneficial effects of GH & IGF-I), as well as by stimulant, opioid, and alcohol abuse, stress & pain.