Vasectomy....?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Wunderpus, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Wunderpus

Wunderpus Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

The procedure and doc I am going to is allegedly 98% reversible. But, that's expensive and apparently way more painful. PLUS, i like the advantages that come with artificial insem. Such as choosing the sex, screening for diseases, TIMING etc.

2. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

That's kind of cool, never heard of all that. I guess the one I'm doing is just standard. No money for anything more complicated or for freezing sperm. I don't ever see changing my mind anyway, this is something I've known since I was a kid myself.

3. Tyler81

Tyler81 Member

Here I am going through hell trying to regain my fertility and this guy wants to get a voluntary vacetomy. Jesus.

Priorities change bud.

You are freaking 20 years old.

You will probably date a girl who wants kids one day. And you may want them too.

I think you're an idiot but that's just me lol

4. Eman

Eman Member

I've avoided saying anything rude to you as I've seen your posts and threads pop up with your continual issues... But I hope you worry more about your own, never fucking ending issues instead of worrying about someone else's life decisions.

D-max likes this.
  5. Tyler81

Tyler81 Member

Shrug sticks and stones.
    Enough people have told me I have issues so one extra poster ain't gonna affect me much but I have freedom of speech and I think a vacetomy at 20 is retarded.

That's just my opinion.

He can lop off his left nut if he wants doesn't affect me.

6. Tyler81

Tyler81 Member

Also this fucking generation of kids all want positive reinforcement and shit. Well, it's unreal that no one has told this kid it's a dumb idea yet.

Sorry for the bad feels but it's fucking stupid.

Use some god damn condoms.

7. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

As I've stated previously a vasectomy should NOT be considered a viable form of male contraceptive therapy
    as reversal is not guaranteed
    by any means.

The latter is highly dependent upon the "type" of vasectomy performed AND the interval between the two procedures.

To that end pregnancy rates as high as 95% are often quoted in the FIRST YEAR yet this rate declines to a meager 30% at TEN YEARS!

The lower 10 year rate occurs
    bc of the development of scar tissue that extends BEYOND the
    operative site.

For these reasons, in the absence of a "genetic defect", very few urologists will perform a vas in anyone less than the age of 25 unless compliance with relatively strict criteria are adhered to.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Sdryx, Tyler81 and strongsafety41 like this.
  8. D-max

D-max Member

No amount of searching I do shows numbers anywhere near this. Can you point me to your source? I'd like to read the study.

9. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Who is 20 years old in this thread? Some people get so bent out of shape when you say you never want kids, lol. It's cool, we all have different priorities in life.

10. D-max

D-max Member

It's not all bad. There have been quite a few times things would've been a lot easier for me if I'd have had a vasectomy instead of having kids. Who am I to judge whether or not someone should become a father or not. Not everyone is cut out for it or wants to be.

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  11. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

No amount really, I doubt that bc I located that info in FIVE MINUTES

Try Googling Vasectomy reversal rate
    using these two qualifiers
    - "patency rate"
    - pregnancy rate

The former results are indeed higher but are irrelvant if they
    don't correlate with female conception which is why I quoted
    the latter pg rates and if you can't find what I've cited your NOT looking very hard IME

12. Eman

Eman Member

I don't disagree with that... Except no one in this thread discussing it is 20 years old.

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  13. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Exactly, I'm not trying to talk anyone out of it. If you want them and can afford them you should have them. If not that's okay, too. There's arguments for both sides, which one suits you depends on you.

14. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

I found similar data on Web MD

And I'm not an anti-Vas doc either bc I had it done at age 35, after I had two kid'os something my wife DESPERATELY wanted!

Just KNOW what you're getting yourself into beforehand!

15. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

Let me suggest you pin (pardon the pun) that Doc down on how he defines "REVERSIBLE", bc I can almost promise you he's citing the BEST case scenerio, AKA the first three year PATENCY rate!

16. Wunderpus

Hmm, I'll ask. He's pretty well-respected regionally, and doesn't seem like a bullshitter. It is possible, though, that his numbers are off. But, anywhere around 98% seems good to me. Now, this procedure is called the "No needle, no scalpel" vasectomy. I am not sure if that is somehow different than the procedure you're familiar with.

17. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

I'm not suggesting he's a bullshitter but people hear what they want to hear and the minute some Doc tells a patient their reversal rate is 98%, due diligence seems to come to an abrupt halt!

For instance what good is a "patent Vas" if NO SPERM are noted within IT?

Again that's why asking for a CONCEPTION rate at one, five and ten years is much more informative. And if this Urologist is "well respected" he should have this info ON HAND WP.

Wunderpus likes this.
  18. Wunderpus

He probably does, I'll ask, thanks Doc!

19. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

Here's a recent summary, good luck.

JIM

Attached Files:

20. Wunderpus

Good to see they prefer the procedure that I am opting for.

I will be auctioning off my last viable load here on Meso, just as an FYI to everyone.