What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

You are the bomb. Thank you and can't wait to try it!
The corn was easy. Just when the grill is pre heating wrap your corn in foil and add some EVOO, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne. Let it cook for 5 minutes, flip then another 5. Pull it off and unwrap.

When the meat is off an resting, put the corn BACK on but without the foil to add some good carmelization. Cut it off the cob and add to the mix.

You can do any rice you like, I just used enriched medium grain and added some oil, salt, lime and cilantro after it was cooked.

I used canned black beans and warmed them up with some hot sauce, pepper, a bay leaf and some mexican oregano (helps take out the canned taste). You can/should rinse them first, too.

Obviously don't add cheese, sour cream, guac etc. until AFTER you have reheated this mix. You can store it in the freezer for a year, defrost it in the microwave, then if your micro allows, reheat it at 50% temp. That'll prevent the meat from tasting all gross and "grey".

Here's the recipe I used for the carne asada, it came out GREAT:

Blend up 4 cloves of garlic, 1 jalapeno, salt, pepper, 2 limes worth of juice, 1 orange juiced, 2TBSP white vinegar, 1 handful of cilantro and 1/2 cup of EVOO.

Pour that over the skirt steak, let marinade for 1 hour minimum (I did 1 hour in the fridge, then 1 hour on the counter bringing it up to room temp).

Get the grill hot as Satan's cock, cook each side for no more than 2 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, cut against the grain.

Came out GREAT!

Just checked my stove, mine has no Satan's cock setting, only goes to 10. [emoji848]

@Wunderpus are you strictly a Jalapeño guy, or have you by chance tried it with Ceranos, or Habaneros? I'm a Habaneros guy, but my girl loves Ceranos. Going to try your recipe Tomorrow night most likely, but with Porterhouse Steak.

@Wunderpus are you strictly a Jalapeño guy, or have you by chance tried it with Ceranos, or Habaneros? I'm a Habaneros guy, but my girl loves Ceranos. Going to try your recipe Tomorrow night most likely, but with Porterhouse Steak.
Seems like a waste of a good steak. To me, carne asada is skirt steak or GTFO. I'd use other chiles, sure, but jalapeno and lime have a special bond.

Seems like a waste of a good steak. To me, carne asada is skirt steak or GTFO. I'd use other chiles, sure, but jalapeno and lime have a special bond.

I buy complete Short Loins from an Amish store, so at $4.00/lb, I'm not to upset with it. I get Ribeyes at $5.99/lb, but they are marinated. NY Stip at $4.00/lb as well. I don't buy any other steaks.

Just like this marshal amp
"Our amps go to 11"

up_to_11__spinal_tap__by_siddv-d4vwq1q.jpg

I buy complete Short Louns from an Amish store, so at $4.00/lb, I'm not to upset with it. I get Ribeyes at $5.99/lb, but they are marinated. NY Stip at $4.00/lb as well. I don't buy any other steaks.
You're missing out... Not cost wise, I eat fucking stupid expensive cuts sometimes. You're missing out on Flavortown my dude. Skirt, flank, hanger etc. are so JAM packed full of flavor that you're cutting yourself short by NOT using them. I'll sous vide a wagyu ribeye cap one night, and make skirt steak tacos the next.... The cost is largely irrelevant.

Back