What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

I was asking cause it seems like I always have my tomahawk severely undercooked along the bone no matter how long I cook it for unless I go for well done. I've also had this result at pretty much every steak house I've ordered one as well. I guess it's just one of those things that if you're gonna order a tomahawk you're gonna have to live with it
Have you reverse seared before? It is great especially for a thick cut like these. Either on the smoker or oven through it.in at 180-200° for an hour to an hour and a half depending on thickness. I pull mine at about 115-120 internal temp. Then pan sear in a cast iron as hot.as.ypu can get it. I like mine rare so I do a minute or two per side, then pull and tent it. Let it rest 10-15 minutes. Comes out perfect

Have you reverse seared before? It is great especially for a thick cut like these. Either on the smoker or oven through it.in at 180-200° for an hour to an hour and a half depending on thickness. I pull mine at about 115-120 internal temp. Then pan sear in a cast iron as hot.as.ypu can get it. I like mine rare so I do a minute or two per side, then pull and tent it. Let it rest 10-15 minutes. Comes out perfect
I haven't but I will now. I've mostly switched over to strip steaks just because I think they have the best beef flavor over any other cut but I still get all googley eyed over a big ass tomahawk here and there.

I would post pics but most of my food is basic and boring and easy.
Just had 4cups cocoa krispies, 3 scoops whey iso, cup of fat free milk post workout.
Next meal will be .5 lb chicken breast and 1 can of diced mangoes

After a almost 24hr fast I decided to just go all ham on it and eat till I was satisfied.

4 eggs over easy with garlic salt and pepper and a pack of simple truth bacon 20210703_115029.jpg

What's the sauce?
I forgot to add the sauce word after bechamel..

i put some eggplants cutted in cubes with a tbspn olive oil in a big pan to cook with some Ragù home made <~~ tomato sauce with minced meat (beef here) .. after it cooked i mashed it slightly, not too much because i didnt want an eggplants purea, added 200g of other minced beaf without tomato sauce, it was cooked with some courgettes and garlic… then cooked the pasta (Linguine di Gragnano) for 4.5 min in salted water.. in the pan where i put the mashed eggplants + ragù combo i added some bechamel and black pepper, put it to cook with very low flame… after 4.5 min cooking pasta i took out the pasta and put in the pan with some ladlefuls of cooking water, quantity should be set in regards of remaining time and how much do you wanna it creamy , but if too much creamy just cook it more…

I forgot to add the sauce word after bechamel..

i put some eggplants cutted in cubes with a tbspn olive oil in a big pan to cook with some Ragù home made <~~ tomato sauce with minced meat (beef here) .. after it cooked i mashed it slightly, not too much because i didnt want an eggplants purea, added 200g of other minced beaf without tomato sauce, it was cooked with some courgettes and garlic… then cooked the pasta (Linguine di Gragnano) for 4.5 min in salted water.. in the pan where i put the mashed eggplants + ragù combo i added some bechamel and black pepper, put it to cook with very low flame… after 4.5 min cooking pasta i took out the pasta and put in the pan with some ladlefuls of cooking water, quantity should be set in regards of remaining time and how much do you wanna it creamy , but if too much creamy just cook it more…
Bomb, thanks.

1E670296-D6D8-4978-9A10-50DCC6BD4BEA.jpeg
4 min 200c in air fryer… thin slices of chicken breast, covered in some olive oil, soy sauce, vegetable stock cube powder, aromatics herbs like garlic parsley basil red chili pepper nutmeg and sage..

Juicy, tender, tasty,
Hearth Shaped Chicken Breast dedicated to that Hot Chick named @Kim

Quick question for you guys I've never really weighed my food before. How do you calculate rice you weigh it wet after it's cooked? If you weigh it dry how do you calculate how to divvy enough into separate containers after it's cooked?

Quick question for you guys I've never really weighed my food before. How do you calculate rice you weigh it wet after it's cooked? If you weigh it dry how do you calculate how to divvy enough into separate containers after it's cooked?

basmati usually triple its weight.. but obv it depends on the cooking degree… i usually prepped 500g of dry rice each time..

just weight it after its cooked on a standardized way… it should be like 280g/310g …

Just Weight the empty pot, and then when full of rice

After, as long as you are consistant with how that is what matters.

the packaging is for uncooked. But my fit pal has cooked or google.

just be consistant with how you do it,

Or are you asking how to mathematically make a proportion?

you weight 500g raw rice… cooked is 1650g (empty pot is 1000g, with cooked rice in it is 2650g, 2650g - 1000g = 1650g of cooked rice)

you wanna know how does 80g raw rice weights cooked? Or how much 250g cooked weights?

do this->

500g : 1650g (raw and dry) = (like) 80g : x

x= 80 multiplied for 1650 and then divided to 500 -> 264g and so on

Back