What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

20160313_204741.jpg

Taking my first stab at marinating some chicken breast with lemon and lime juice and with fresh habaneros, jalapenos and green peppers. Will be eating it on yellow corn tortillas with lettuce and Swiss at work this week. Hopefully it's edible.

Last meal of the day
8 oz. teriyaki marinated chicken breast
10 oz. sweet potato
Greens
2516c7db6b01873ec9ce093bde493af9.jpg

Thanks, brother. I've gotta learn some seasoning arts, I've had to extend my lunch break at work a few times lately choking down bland food. I'm watching sodium more lately, too, so that doesn't help any.
I'm right there with you brother. My meals at work are usually very basic and bland as well. A few of the guys here use flavor God seasoning which I've heard is really good with low sodium but it's high priced.

I'm right there with you brother. My meals at work are usually very basic and bland as well. A few of the guys here use flavor God seasoning which I've heard is really good with low sodium but it's high priced.

Just looked it up on their website and it's a little too expensive for me. I'll just have to experiment a little and come up with some stuff.

You're all going to have to try this.
( all of my bourban lovers at least )

Taste just like the right swig.

What a beautiful peanut butter and bourbon jelly sandwich

image.jpeg
(Disregard the valentine day themed plate..:eek:)

PROTEIN PANCAKES

image.jpeg
INGREDIENTS
• 1 scoop of whey protein
• 1/2 cup of powdered oats
• 1/4 cup of cottage cheese
• 1/2 cup of egg whites
• pinch of cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
• Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until a batter forms.
• Pour over a hot griddle
• Flip when the edges start browning and batter bubbles
• Serve and enjoy with Sugar Free Pancake syrup or Maple Syrup.
Garnish with fresh fruit

CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN PANCAKES

image.jpeg

•1 scoop of whey protein
•1/2 cup powdered oats
•1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
•pinch of cinnamon
•splash of vanilla extract
•2 tablespoons of chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
Same as above :)

@gr8whitetrukker the greatest cast iron skillet recipe for you (seriously, easy and the best recipe for breaking that skillet in):

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pan-seared-rib-eye-recipe.html (Pan-Seared Rib-Eye : Alton Brown : Food Network)

Here's what it looked like for me :)

ribeye.jpg

View attachment 37097

Taking my first stab at marinating some chicken breast with lemon and lime juice and with fresh habaneros, jalapenos and green peppers. Will be eating it on yellow corn tortillas with lettuce and Swiss at work this week. Hopefully it's edible.
Be careful when marinating in fruit juices such as lemon, lime, orange, pineapple, mango etc. The acids and the enzymes will in a sense "cook" the meats... Much like ceviche. Oftentimes this will give you a gummy and rubbery texture... I wouldn't marinade in those juices for more than an hour :)

Be careful when marinating in fruit juices such as lemon, lime, orange, pineapple, mango etc. The acids and the enzymes will in a sense "cook" the meats... Much like ceviche. Oftentimes this will give you a gummy and rubbery texture... I wouldn't marinade in those juices for more than an hour :)

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind next time. Hopefully this batch isn't too bad.

Not bad . I always crave carbs at night but I have sugar free mints/cough drops for that .
I keep a block of extra sharp cheddar cheese for the hunger pains (only one oz at a time). No prob .
Good deal. Fats higher right now I'm guessing? That's my favorite diet. The extra sharp cheddar cheese? That's a new one to me.

Good deal. Fats higher right now I'm guessing? That's my favorite diet. The extra sharp cheddar cheese? That's a new one to me.

Oh yeah - high protein and high fats . I also have an extra big jug of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil for more good fats . Only one tbs at a time .