2,4-DiNitroPhenol [DNP]

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by Heretic, Jan 10, 2004.

1. wisdom

wisdom Junior Member

I think if you want to lose it gradually, DNP is probably not the way to go. Try changing your diet and doing some cardio. I have cut off about 12 pounds in 9 days on heretics Dnp, using at most 400mg a day. DNP is something I wouldn't do for more that 9 days, only because of the fact I feel like I have the flu after the third day on.

2. ironcowboy

ironcowboy Junior Member

Hey Heretic, about the price of 100mg caps: you're prices are already so low I can't see that it would make much difference. I mean a week's cycle of your stuff costs less than $20. That's nothing. It may be worth the added convenience and versatility it allows. If you want to do 500mg a day you don't have to alternate 400 and 600 for example.

3. micro

micro Junior Member

4. Wolf

Wolf Junior Member

I have always wanted to try DNP, infact I have some in my box of goodies that's been sitting there for over 4 years. I never took it cause I read somewhere years ago that phenols and dnp in particular caused birth defects through severe oxidative stress and since I haven't had kids yet I didn't want to have children with problems just cause I wanted to loose a few pounds. Has there been any recent studies confirming or denying the reproductive problems associated with dnp use?

5. ironcowboy

ironcowboy Junior Member

Are you a woman? If you're a man I don't see how it could be a problem.

6. C A

C A Junior Member

7. Wolf

Wolf Junior Member

The way I read the article and mind you this has been years ago but the article claimed that DNP could damage your genetic code passed along in your sperm. By the way, I don't understand how you would think being a man wouldn't matter cause the man contribits half of the dna in conception. Anyway, once the dna is damaged all sperm replicated from that damged dna is passed along in your sperm and thus to your offspring.

8. Heretic

Heretic Member

I may make a small batch of 100mg caps to see how much demand there is, but like I said price would be the same. That's kind of like selling 25mg and 50mg drol for the same price, I don't see why people would even bother buying the 25mg. I guess that's not fair since tabs are easy to split.
    If I get some free time I will try to hook some up and announce when I do.
    As far as birth defects, I can't say yes or no, never heard one way or the other. Even if there was some evidence it does, there's plenty of evidence that steroids can make you infertile, but how many threads have you seen where some guy got his gf pregnant on 600mg of deca a week. I don't know, but I would think that saying DNP in the male can cause birth defects would be like saying that because the guy smokes the baby would have defects, I think that has more to do with the mother. If it's that big of a concern for you then it's simple, just don't do it.
    Regards,
    -H-

9. ironcowboy

ironcowboy Junior Member

Because women are born with all their eggs and any that are damaged can then reproduce. A man's sperm is contstantly being generated. You're saying DNP somehow changes your genetic code forever?

10. Wolf

Wolf Junior Member

HAZARD SUMMARY

2,4-Dinitrophenol can effect you when breathed in and by passing through your skin.
    2,4-Dinitrophenol can cause reproductive damage. Handle with extreme caution.
    2,4-Dinitrophenol is a FLAMMABLE LIQUID and a FIRE HAZARD.
    Contact can irritate the skin. Long term exposure may cause dermatitis.
    2,4-Dinitrophenol can irritate the eyes, and may cause clouding of the eye lenses (cataracts).
    Breathing 2,4-Dinitrophenol can irritate the nose and throat.
    High or repeated exposure can affect the nervous system causing nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, convulsions and even death.
    2,4-Dinitrophenol may damage the liver and kidneys.
    IDENTIFICATION
    2,4-Dinitrophenol is a yellow crystalline (sand-like) solid but is often found in a solution. It is used in dyes, photo developers, explosives, and as a preservative of lumber.
    REASON FOR CITATION

2,4-Dinitrophenol is on the Hazardous Substance List because it is cited by EPA and DOT.

I am not saying that it does one way or the other. Here is a MSDS "Material safety data sheet" excerpt from a previous post and it lists reproductive damage as the second hazard. As for you not seeing how it could damage your sperm if it is constantly being reproduced the answer is simple the blue print used to replicate the sperm is damaged and thus subsequent sperms produce from that blueprint carry on the damaged chromosomes. Anyway, I was hoping someone could clear this up but apparently not. As for me worrying about reproduction problems while juicing that's not a worry for me my cycles are never over a couple of months and I always get my hpta cycle up and running again before I hit it again. Nothing is 100% safe but its about making an informed choice based on as much info as you can gather and that's what this board is about...

11. Peace Division

Peace Division Junior Member

Wolf, I totally respect what you are saying about possible repro damage by DNP. But if you look up an MSDS for testosterone, it'll tell you that it is a listed carcinogen by OSHA and other organizations.

I understand that DNP is a man-made chemical and that test is a "natural" chemical, but both chemicals, when abused, will cause long terms problems. When used sensibly, it may be worth the risk for people. Just my 2 cc's. Peace.

12. cvguy

cvguy Junior Member

2TheTop for a great posting. Will be starting a cycle today.

13. Heretic

Heretic Member

I've had some questions about this lately, so I'm bumping it back up.
    Regards,
    -H-

14. stabmaster

stabmaster Junior Member

Of the limited information available on DNP that I've been able to locate, there are always suggestions that one should be taking antioxidants to offset the increased incidence of free radicals from the process. I also noticed that the suggestions for antioxidants were fairly random. Since the only long term/irreversable side effects from DNP are probably caused by free radicals, I found it curious that the antioxident regimen was somewhat pedantic.

For curiosity alone, I dug around to find what could be a targeted antioxident regimen for a DNP cycle. Here's what I came up with:

I.
    In the early 1900's, with the absence of any set procedures in taking DNP, there was a 1% incidence of cataracts over a large population (over 100,000).
    http://board1.mantisforums.com/upload/showthread.php?threadid=6871

Scientists have determined that the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin accumulate in the eyes, specifically in the lens and the macula (the area on the retina responsible for distinguishing fine details). This led them to speculate that people who consume a diet rich in these carotenoids may be less likely to develop cataracts or macular degeneration. http://www.healthandage.com/Home/gm=6!gid2=997

Carotenoids-
    Astaxanthin
    Canthaxanthin
    Lutein
    Zeaxanthin
    beta-carotein
    lycopene

apparently, Astaxanthin is slightly stronger than any of the rest (no reference)

II.
    For some reason DNP use can cause a histamine build-up in the body, which means a rash/hives. This may not happen your first cycle, but if you use a lot or do not take enough time off inbetween for your body to process the remaining DNP, you may encounter this. [go to page 1, you'll find this ;)]

OPCs (oligomeric proanthrocyanidin complexes) reduce the release and production of pro-inflammatory histamine

OPCs:
    grape seed extract (mostly procyanidins)
    grape skin (anthocyanidins)
    pine bark
    camellia sinensis (found in green tea)
    OPCs found in: hawthorn flowers, berries, onions, peas, parsley
    related componds found in: bilberry, cranberry, uva ursi, coffee, chocolate, peanut skins

http://www.mcp.edu/herbal/opcs/opcs.pdf

III.
    DNP accomplishes the astounding boost in metabolic rate via inhibition of the F0F1 ATP synthase molecule, located in the inner wall of each mitochondrion. http://board1.mantisforums.com/upload/showthread.php?threadid=6871

In order to burn fats and carbohydrates to make metabolic fuel, mitochondria take electrons from oxygen and shuffle them among a suite of molecules in a complex chain reaction. Invariably, some of the electrons get misplaced, creating free radicals. "People have estimated that [the electron transport chain] is maybe 98 percent efficient, which is much better than a human engineer can do," says Ames. "But it still makes kilos of oxygen radicals per person per year."
    Mitochondria produce more oxidants than any other single site in a cell, the main offenders being superoxide, hydrogen peroxide, and hydroxyl radicals. Ames thought mitochondria would therefore be hardest hit by free-radical damage, not only to mitochondrial DNA but also to enzymes in the electron transport chain and lipids in mitochondrial membranes.
    It also occurred to him that mitochondria might be an ideal target for intervening in the aging process...

...Acetyl-L-carnitine, also known as Alcar, is a nutrient that helps transport fatty-acid fuel across lipid membranes into mitochondria. Thus the more Alcar a cell has, the better its mitochondria might function.
    Ames reasoned that high levels of Alcar might also combat the problems of aging membranes and decrepit enzymes. He began feeding Alcar to his old rats. Within weeks, he and Hagen noticed improvements in the animals' biochemistry and behavior. Their mitochondria were going full bore again, and they had become far more active. But the old rats were still churning out oxidants at a very high rate. In fact, by goosing metabolism, Alcar seemed to slightly increase free-radical production. "We didn't solve the problem of oxidants," Ames says. "In fact, if anything, it was a little worse."
    Ames decided to add an agent to the rats' diet to neutralize the oxidants. He tried lipoic acid, a mitochondrial antioxidant. The results were profound. Oxidants and oxidative damage to mitochondrial components dropped dramatically. Both the structure and function of the mitochondria improved. The rats' activity levels doubled. They were, Ames says, "doing the Macarena." The combination of the nutrient and the antioxidant had a synergistic effect. "The two together are better than either one alone." http://www.discover.com/oct_02/featradical.html

Mitochondria targeting antioxidants:
    ALCAR
    Lipoic Acid

Also, COQ10 is a myocardial mitochondria free radical scavenger, which is probably not a bad antioxidant to consider on DNP.

I am just curious to see if people think that this might be a good approach to choosing antioxidants on a DNP cycle. I really don't know much about antioxidants- this post was basically a half an hour worth of googleing. And sorry that most of the sources are not "primary sources," I am just throwing out ideas here.

The next important factors would be:
    Price
    Dosing
    Strength/Bioavailability
    Synergism/interactions
    Tissue specificity
    ..and I'm probably missing a lot here.. I thought this could be a start, though.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004
  15. cvguy

cvguy Junior Member

Excellent comments, StabMaster

16. crewboss

crewboss Junior Member

bump

17. Peace Division

Peace Division Junior Member

Nice to see this made it to the sticky section. This will help keep a lotta people safe. Thanks.

18. pot-bellied-stallion

pot-bellied-stallion Junior Member

lot of good info

19. HammyAbeer

HammyAbeer Junior Member

For my upcoming DNP cycle I am buying Phyto Foods by Now which covers many anti-oxidant bases, and I will stack that with R-ALA, Vit C,B,E.

THat should cover me fairly well.

Diet is still undecided....

-H- and others, what diet in your experience has produced the best results?

20. FyRchick

FyRchick Junior Member

Just curious... Do you know how DNP affects women? I'm just researching around right now. I know its a very dangerous, strong substance, and most females are discouraged from even doing winny, so I was thinking this would probably be dangerous as well?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2004