2,4-DiNitroPhenol [DNP]

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by Heretic, Jan 10, 2004.

1. bigrobbie

bigrobbie Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Any idea how important the 48hrs of carb depletion is prior to starting DNP?

2. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

In the grand scheme, not important .

S.B.C, Dthcore and Sworder like this.
  3. Sworder

Sworder Member

I agree with @Tiredandhot! Not important.

It is really hard to use DNP while dieting because watching your calories and getting motivated to do cardio is a tough task. Losing weight isn't fun, it puts your body in a stressful state.

DNP is very fine line for me.

4. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

For new members and old ones not willing to search thru this massive thread, you can Google conciliator and find great info, both here and other sites. I think that's how you spell his name.

When I first started using DNP years ago,I found his research and information extremely accurate and unbiased.

FishnTom and bigrobbie like this.
  5. bigrobbie

Good pointing that out...

FishnTom likes this.
  6. TheAnabolicStore

TheAnabolicStore Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Probably not a good idea if your a beginner as you could do with that energy whilst on DNP.

7. bigrobbie

Been a great read for years! Thanks for the repost! Good stuff!

8. Dresden

Dresden Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

i started on 100 mg per day for 4 days to test my tolerance...i just bumped up to 200 yesterday

9. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

Diet Aid or Aid to Die: An Update On 2,4-Dinitrophenol (2,4-DNP) Use as A Weight-Loss Product

During the last decades, we have witnessed unparalleled changes in human eating habits and lifestyle, intensely influenced by cultural and social pressures. Sports practice became strongly implemented in daily routines, and visits to the gym peaked, driven by the indulgence in intensive 'weight-loss programs'.

The pledge of boasting a healthy and beautiful body instigates the use of very attractive 'fat burners', which are purportedly advertised as safe products, easily available in the market and expected to quickly reduce body weight. In this context, the slimming properties of 2,4-dinitrophenol (2,4-DNP) galvanised its use as a weight-loss product, despite the drug ban for human consumption in many countries since 1938, due to its adverse effects.

The main symptoms associated with 2,4-DNP intoxication, including hyperthermia, tachycardia, decreased blood pressure, and acute renal failure, motivated a worldwide warning, issued by the Interpol Anti-Doping Unit in 2015, reinforcing its hazard. Information on the effects of 2,4-DNP mainly derive from the intoxication cases reported by emergency care units, for which there is no specific antidote or treatment.

This review provides a comprehensive update on 2,4-DNP use, legislation and epidemiology, chemistry and analytical methodologies for drug determination in commercial products and biological samples, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, toxicological effects, and intoxication diagnosis and management.

Sousa D, Carmo H, Roque Bravo R, et al. Diet aid or aid to die: an update on 2,4-dinitrophenol (2,4-DNP) use as a weight-loss product [published online ahead of print, 2020 Feb 20]. Arch Toxicol. 2020;10.1007/s00204-020-02675-9. Diet aid or aid to die: an update on 2,4-dinitrophenol (2,4-DNP) use as a weight-loss product

Millard Baker likes this.
  10. Michael Scally MD

2,4-Dinitrophenol Exposures and Deaths in Australia After The 2017 Up-Scheduling

To the Editor: Rising obesity rates in high income countries have resulted in a growing demand for weight-loss products. Unfortunately, drugs that increase energy expenditure often have severe adverse effects. 2,4-Dinitrophenol (DNP) uncouples oxidative phosphorylation, inducing a hyper-metabolic state.

It was first used for weight loss in the 1930s but was banned due to deaths. It has recently had a resurgence in popularity in the body building/body sculpting arena as a “fat burner” and “pre-event shredder”, and is available online and as an undeclared ingredient in supplements.

There were 24 DNP exposures reported to NSWPIC between 2004 and 2018, with an increasing trend. Most patients (71%, n = 17) were male, 83% (n = 20) were adults aged 20–74 years, and 92% (n = 22) were in hospital or were referred to hospital by NSWPIC.

This highlights the need for urgent action by state and federal law enforcement agencies and awareness campaigns targeting high risk groups. It is important to note that the Therapeutic Goods Administration makes scheduling changes but does not enforce non-medicinal product restrictions, which is the role of police and Fair Trading.

It is likely that DNP is frequently obtained online and often disguised for shipping (eg, labelled as turmeric), thus complicating detection. Increased incoming mail screening and awareness and education at gyms may be an option to restrain the use of DNP. Medical practitioners should warn patients of the dangers of illicit weight-loss supplements.

Cairns R, Raubenheimer J, Brown JA, McArdle K, Buckley NA. 2,4-Dinitrophenol exposures and deaths in Australia after the 2017 up-scheduling [published online ahead of print, 2020 Mar 1]. Med J Aust. 2020;10.5694/mja2.50528. doi:10.5694/mja2.50528 Error - Cookies Turned Off

Attached Files:

11. JoeBlob12

JoeBlob12 Member

Have any of y’all developed an unhealthy reliance on DNP? I’m considering trying it but I’m hesitant because I have a very addictive personality and can see myself becoming dependent on it whenever I need to shed some fat.

12. Gbro

Gbro Member

The experience is so miserable, you won't be come addicted.

Silentlemon1011 likes this.
  13. JoeBlob12

JoeBlob12 Member

Haha. Perfect!

14. Michael Scally MD

Death of An Apprentice Bodybuilder Following 2,4-Dinitrophenol and clenbuterol Intake

We present the case of a 17-year-old man, who died after 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP) and clenbuterol consumption, which he likely took for physical enhancement. Forensic post-mortem examination revealed a yellowish skin colour and nonspecific signs of asphyxia. Analytical confirmation of the intoxication was obtained in blood and urine, with high levels of DNP and clenbuterol.

Both of these substances are used by bodybuilders as DNP enhance lipolysis and clenbuterol has anabolic properties, but their toxicity is underestimated. DNP uncouples oxidative phosphorylation, leading to thermogenesis and even relatively small doses can cause fatal hyperthermia. Clenbuterol is a β2 agonist that causes electrolyte disturbances (hypokalemia and hyperglycemia mostly) and death have been described through coronary vasospasm. Given the circumstances in which the body was found and toxicological results, we believe the cause of death to be fatal hyperthermia from DNP intake.

These substances are illegal in many countries, but easily bought online. Through this availability, the last decades have seen an increase of fatal intoxications. Websites selling them are regularly closed by French public authorities and Interpol, but unfortunately it seems insufficient.

Dufayet L, Gorgiard C, Vayssette F, Barbet JP, Hoizey G, Ludes B. Death of an apprentice bodybuilder following 2,4-dinitrophenol and clenbuterol intake [published online ahead of print, 2020 Mar 3]. Int J Legal Med. 2020;10.1007/s00414-020-02268-2. doi:10.1007/s00414-020-02268-2 Death of an apprentice bodybuilder following 2,4-dinitrophenol and clenbuterol intake

15. ERIC WIGGINS

ERIC WIGGINS Junior Member

I think you are all crazy to use a potentially fatal uncoupling molecule when you can't even fucking diet . All of you fucking with this stuff are giving a terrible name to even hardcore bodybuilding. If you can't get shredded without DNP it's very unlikely you will with it. Please stop the insanity. You guys who screw around with this stuff and EPO and diuretics are way more likely to die from bodybuilding drug abuse

16. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

:rolleyes:

17. Gbro

Gbro Member

Thanks doc. I'll just stick with my carrots and laxatives.

egonormical1010 likes this.
  18. Jay10

Jay10 Junior Member

Has any one used Sherdders DNP here? He has a form on here but never reply's back to emails. Seems hard to find a G2G DNP source since the enhanced athlete bust.

19. tauras66

tauras66 Member

Go in his forum and read up.( if you haven't since this your post). I'm sure there is enough info there for you to make an informed decision.

20. Blange89

Blange89 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Anyone tried a 5 on 2 off approach?