• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Cowboy's Switch the Darkside

Starting to feel 3 days a week to not be enough. I find myself bored and thinking I should be in the gym at least one of the 4 I am off. I would need to change programming around to do it and not wanting to do that yet. I want to give my current programming a little more chance.

I am thinking starting some fasted cardio in the mornings I feel like it through December before I get serious about a cut in January.

Pinned this am and it burned on the way in, assuming possible that the alcohol hadn't completely dried yet but still burning 30 mins later lol...

I'm only doing three days of actual lifting right now and I do that a month out from meets. Three days works, I mean you've got a main day for each of the big three. Fourth day is good for mobility, prehab, bodybuilding, stretching, cardio, weak points, or whatever else.

Aren’t you dong a variant of 5/3/1. Are you doing an OHP day? You could throw that in there
I am and have OHP in the program. Bench/Squat, Deadlift/OHP and today is BP intensity and Squat Volume. Thinking going back to original 4th day plan of some BB work on neglected muscle groups. Making it a keep busy plan as opposed to a necessity plan for the 4th day.

Maybe something like

Squat Day+ accessories
Bench day +accessories
Deadlift day
OhP+light bench or volume bench

I’m sure you can tinker with it until it feels good. By the time everything starts clicking a month or two later you’ll stall out,lol

Maybe something like

Squat Day+ accessories
Bench day +accessories
Deadlift day

I’m sure you can tinker with it until it feels good. By the time everything starts clicking a month or two later you’ll stall out,lol

This is similar to what i do a lot of the time.

Maybe something like

Squat Day+ accessories
Bench day +accessories
Deadlift day

I like this and have contemplated this. Would you set your accessory work to compliment the main or opposite? I wonder if the accessory could be a secondary of another main like I am doing, main intensity secondary volume? Then a few accessories or would this be too much? I like essentially hitting movement 2x a week, once intensity and once volume. Rep, %, and set schemes would be the next thing to work out.

I like this and have contemplated this. Would you set your accessory work to compliment the main or opposite? I wonder if the accessory could be a secondary of another main like I am doing, main intensity secondary volume? Then a few accessories or would this be too much? I like essentially hitting movement 2x a week, once intensity and once volume. Rep, %, and set schemes would be the next thing to work out.
You could do a variation of the opposite lift as an accessory. For example:
Bench + accessories:
Comp bench
Seated Dbell shoulder press
Flyes
Skull crushers

Deadlift + Accessories
Conventional Deadlift
Feet close squats
Single Leg press
Leg curls
Calf Raises

You could do a variation of the opposite lift as an accessory. For example:
Bench + accessories:
Comp bench
Seated Dbell shoulder press
Flyes
Skull crushers

Deadlift + Accessories
Conventional Deadlift
Feet close squats
Single Leg press
Leg curls
Calf Raises
One difference between BB splits and Powerlifting... even though it is broke down to the main 3 lifts there is so many variables and methods it is mind boggling. Reading other options but holding course with current plan as it is still working lol...

To those of you that have it figured out, kudos.

I think mixing it up is better. Like already stated bench with ohp accessories or squat with bench accessories or whatever. That way your frequency is higher. Doing stuff like squat and squat accessories on the same day where the frequency is only 1x weekly on the main lifts is a mistake in my opinion.

I think mixing it up is better. Like already stated bench with ohp accessories or squat with bench accessories or whatever. That way your frequency is higher. Doing stuff like squat and squat accessories on the same day where the frequency is only 1x weekly on the main lifts is a mistake in my opinion.
Giving this a shot now. So far I’m 3 weeks in and already need a deload but that may be just because I needed one.

I had done this type of training previously and got pretty far but got injured and had to get out of PL’ing

531 week

Bench Intensity, this didnt go as planned as my spotter was gym owner an IBBF pro and an oldschool powerlifter and he changed it up on me... anyways

Barx8
105x8
135x8
185x5
205x3
225x4 was supposed to be a single
235x2 was supposed to be amrap and last set but...he wanted to see more so...
185x12
He mentioned I lift uneven and when I told him I cant sleep on right side he said that makes sense and advised banded rotator cuff work and pec stretching

Hamstring curls for squat warm ups
60x15
80x15
100x6

Squat 5 second pause in the hole ATG
Barx10
135x8
185x5
225x4x5

Shaking now lol

Toe press calves
360x15
450x15
540x12 drop 360x15

Pec Dec with 10 second extreme stretch
75x8
100x8
135x8
150x8

Face pulls
50x12
60x12
70x12
80x8

In. I wish I knew earlier you were doing 531 too, but I never noticed this log before til now. Looking forward to following.