Daily Log to 2019 Show Season

I’m not necessarily happy but ive essential to been prepping since February. I don’t recommend doing what I did, but looking at the mirror today after getting clean and on track yesterday, it’s not horrible. Enjoyed the food with my family, enjoyed not being a bodybuilder for a bit. Back on the trail though.
How do you normally come off of a prep diet? Reverse diet? Go straight back to maintenance calories?

How do you normally come off of a prep diet? Reverse diet? Go straight back to maintenance calories?
Maintenance is the most silly term in all of fitness IMO.

How do you know where your maintenance is? Most use some retarded calculator.

“Maintenance” is actually the last caloric net at which you stopped losing weight. It has NOTHING to do with body weight, height, etc.

Food - cardio. So in that sense, the first stop should always be a diet you had previously pretty close to show. 2/3 weeks out is usually decent. I’m a tad higher than that given how I are following the show. But I’ll clean it up not starving and go from there.

How do you find balance with family, real job, and competing with a very new emphasis as a pro, and everything that entails, including a focus on hopefully making some $$$ from this sport?

I know a lot of pros have a day job and family, but it seems like something has to give.

I asked about "balance," but maybe there is no balance as a pro. I could not even find "balance" as an amateur. It was much easier to see last year when I decided to stop competing and my wife continued. That outside perspective was eye opening (plus one of my little ones expressed joy when momma recently said she was going to take a break from competing - even the little kids noticed).

Just curious how you handle this - if you don't want to respond to this post for any reason please feel free to skip it. I won't get my feelings hurt.

How do you find balance with family, real job, and competing with a very new emphasis as a pro, and everything that entails, including a focus on hopefully making some $$$ from this sport?

I know a lot of pros have a day job and family, but it seems like something has to give.

I asked about "balance," but maybe there is no balance as a pro. I could not even find "balance" as an amateur. It was much easier to see last year when I decided to stop competing and my wife continued. That outside perspective was eye opening (plus one of my little ones expressed joy when momma recently said she was going to take a break from competing - even the little kids noticed).

Just curious how you handle this - if you don't want to respond to this post for any reason please feel free to skip it. I won't get my feelings hurt.
Well, I’m very new to this so not much has changed except more time on social media here and there. But my only answer is there’s never balance. I try to give 100% to whatever I’m doing, fully present, and when it’s done or times up it’s on to whatever’s next. If I’m out with my wife and son I do all I can to ignore bodybuilding and work. If im at the gym I try to ignore my phone as best I can. When Im working, headphones are on and j come up for air during meal times. I don’t have a better answer and it’ll likely exhaust me, but that’s always how I’ve strove to operate.

Well, I’m very new to this so not much has changed except more time on social media here and there. But my only answer is there’s never balance. I try to give 100% to whatever I’m doing, fully present, and when it’s done or times up it’s on to whatever’s next. If I’m out with my wife and son I do all I can to ignore bodybuilding and work. If im at the gym I try to ignore my phone as best I can. When Im working, headphones are on and j come up for air during meal times. I don’t have a better answer and it’ll likely exhaust me, but that’s always how I’ve strove to operate.
Mind if i ask what you do?

Always found it hard to balance my meals and what not working in surgery. Sometimes I’m stuck in a room for 4+ hours without a lunch, I get offered sometimes but feel obligated to stay because that’s just how I work and why I am able to do what I do.

Mind if i ask what you do?

Always found it hard to balance my meals and what not working in surgery. Sometimes I’m stuck in a room for 4+ hours without a lunch, I get offered sometimes but feel obligated to stay because that’s just how I work and why I am able to do what I do.
Largely a desk job. Demanding, but still a desk job. Something like surgery definitely throws a wrench in bodybuilding meal timing.

I always have the same question, because I am fanatical about what I do, no matter if it is sports, work or other activity. I give 100% to what I do and other industries begin to suffer, in fact, like my family. I failed to find a balance

I always have the same question, because I am fanatical about what I do, no matter if it is sports, work or other activity. I give 100% to what I do and other industries begin to suffer, in fact, like my family. I failed to find a balance
I never found it, but bodybuilding is weird, it’s 24/7 but it isn’t. Aside from training and eating, it’s really free time all the time (insert family and work). Competing gets a bit hairy, but my wife understands and I set boundaries/get the extra shit done early AM or after my sons in bed. Finish the task at hand with 100% commitment, then move on.

I never found it, but bodybuilding is weird, it’s 24/7 but it isn’t. Aside from training and eating, it’s really free time all the time (insert family and work). Competing gets a bit hairy, but my wife understands and I set boundaries/get the extra shit done early AM or after my sons in bed. Finish the task at hand with 100% commitment, then move on.
I also came to this, that the gym is not everything in my life, like sports. There is also an ordinary life, family and loved ones who also need me as a person. Yes, it’s good that loved ones understand the hobby, but you shouldn’t actively use it. They also need a little attention and care. My thinking was rebuilt by the illness when I found myself helpless and loved ones were nearby. I realized that sport is not everything in life, but only a small part of it.

I also came to this, that the gym is not everything in my life, like sports. There is also an ordinary life, family and loved ones who also need me as a person. Yes, it’s good that loved ones understand the hobby, but you shouldn’t actively use it. They also need a little attention and care. My thinking was rebuilt by the illness when I found myself helpless and loved ones were nearby. I realized that sport is not everything in life, but only a small part of it.
Striking that perfect balance between work, family life, hobbies, and "me time" can be pretty difficult but once you find that perfect balance then it's Zen!

Striking that perfect balance between work, family life, hobbies, and "me time" can be pretty difficult but once you find that perfect balance then it's Zen!
I rather began to shift the focus more to life and other interests in life. The hall remained, but as a hobby without excessive fanaticism. But if he came to the gym, he worked honestly and to the fullest. But I agree if finding a balance is Zen.

Congratulations on your pro card!
I have been reading this thread here and there probably will go trough it all at some point so i apologise if my questions where already answered but do you have a coach ?
And whats your next goal?

Congratulations on your pro card!
I have been reading this thread here and there probably will go trough it all at some point so i apologise if my questions where already answered but do you have a coach ?
And whats your next goal?
I do have a coach, he’s also a business partner in coaching. Next goal is 20lbs of lean mass this year for a 212 pro debut.

I do have a coach, he’s also a business partner in coaching. Next goal is 20lbs of lean mass this year for a 212 pro debut.
Cool hope you keep a log.Was curious if you keep pushing or was the pro card your end goal.
20 pounds at your level of development will be a hard task i wish you luck!

Cool hope you keep a log.Was curious if you keep pushing or was the pro card your end goal.
20 pounds at your level of development will be a hard task i wish you luck!

Go through it all. It takes a long time but the reward in what you will learn is worth the effort.
The most valuable thing for a person is when he gets something very hard. And at the end of the journey, he understands how much it cost to work, strength and health to reach these heights. And from these feelings he appreciates his achievements even more. And if, besides him, he hasn’t done it yet, or, for example, he is an absolute winner, this is many times cooler and more valuable.

Back